They're Giving Us Magicbands? Please help quickly!!!

AintNoOtherMan

Original Poster
Okay, so this is bad. We checked our dining reservations for our trip (we leave today) and I saw that they have two magic bands for us? We were invited, but we did not sign up. I don't know if someone in my family did this (after I specifically said we don't want to do this, in this case, we have another problem) or if Disney did this, or it was a mistake. I don't have a problem with this as long as they let us switch when we get to the hotel tonight- so will they, or are they going to secure us with Magicbands because someone made a mistake. Thank you so much!

Tom

Beta Return
Okay, so this is bad. We checked our dining reservations for our trip (we leave today) and I saw that they have two magic bands for us? We were invited, but we did not sign up. I don't know if someone in my family did this (after I specifically said we don't want to do this, in this case, we have another problem) or if Disney did this, or it was a mistake. I don't have a problem with this as long as they let us switch when we get to the hotel tonight- so will they, or are they going to secure us with Magicbands because someone made a mistake. Thank you so much!

If MDE says you have MagicBands assigned to you and waiting, it sounds like you must have agreed to them somehow. Perhaps without knowing it. They're very close to going live with the system anyway, and almost all of the resorts are part of the "test", but they wouldn't be assigning them automatically, since it will always be an opt-in program.

What's your specific concern?

AintNoOtherMan

Original Poster
If MDE says you have MagicBands assigned to you and waiting, it sounds like you must have agreed to them somehow. Perhaps without knowing it. They're very close to going live with the system anyway, and almost all of the resorts are part of the "test", but they wouldn't be assigning them automatically, since it will always be an opt-in program.

What's your specific concern?

We didn't agree to them. I'm assuming there was a glitch or something in the computer, with is understandable since it's still relatively new.

My concern was if when we check in and they try to give us MagicBands, and we tell them we never signed up and would prefer a Key to the World Card, if they'll let us do that or if because we supposedly signed up, they'll make us use the magicbands. Thank you for answering :)

ratherbeinwdw

We didn't agree to them. I'm assuming there was a glitch or something in the computer, with is understandable since it's still relatively new.

My concern was if when we check in and they try to give us MagicBands, and we tell them we never signed up and would prefer a Key to the World Card, if they'll let us do that or if because we supposedly signed up, they'll make us use the magicbands. Thank you for answering :)
You should be allowed to get the cards even if you have the bands.

Bairstow

I'd be surprised if they don't give you the cards too.

We agreed to do the test back in September and were issued both cards and bands even though we didn't ask for the cards.
The bands worked great. We never even once used the cards. Though we did use our paper tickets to double-dip for normal fastpasses. You know- for science.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You will still be issued the Key to the World Card. So you can just not use the bands if you wish.

Texas84

What Steve said. ^^^ They gave me a KTTW card last weekend as a backup. You don't have to sign up for the bands. They automatically give you grays if you don't customize.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom