1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Theme Park Apprentice 9 - An Off-Site Imagineering Game

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by D Hindley, Jul 1, 2017.

1. D Hindley

D Hindley Well-Known Member Original Poster

Thanks for playing, and thanks for letting me know. It's a shame to see you leave, but I understand why it must happen.

spacemt354, tcool123 and S.P.E.W like this.
  2. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

With my last submission just posted, it is with a heavy heart that I must take this time to depart for the sake of integrity to the historic TPA competition. In past years, I was able to compete in two competitions at the same time, sometimes even three, and not sacrificed or slouched on one. However, this year, for a variety of reasons I wasn't expecting, has really hampered my ability to play two at once. With one being a team game and another individual, I have definitely sacrificed my individual play for the sake of contributing to a team in my available time.

I've tried to get content out for this game as well, however it's been subpar at best, and not up to the standard I strive for. This, in addition to being away for next week's project, is why I will depart now. I wish the final two competitors the best and hope that one day I can return to compete 100% in a future season!:) Big thank you to @D Hindley for being a great, creative host of the game as well!

D Hindley, tcool123 and S.P.E.W like this.
  3. D Hindley

Thank you for taking part, @spacemt354! :) You've proved yourself time and again on these boards, so I fully recognize your passion for quality, and I sympathize when life and time constraints get in the way of that. You would be more than welcome to compete in a future season of TPA...off the record, I suspect my cohost Chad will be running the next one, which isn't likely to appear until this winter or maybe not until next summer. Your proposals for TPA, though short and made under a time crunch, have always had the germs of really cool ideas - this week's especially.

With your permission, space, I'd like to repost your concession post over on TPI. And since we're now down to two competitors (Kenny, @FigmentPigments), we're gonna dive straight into the 2-week finale!!! It ain't official yet - gotta get this week's scores up first - but it's happening. :joyfull:

S.P.E.W and spacemt354 like this.
  4. D Hindley

Aaaaand...the scores are in!

@spacemt354 - 66
    Kenny Cook - 73
    @FigmentPigments - 94

For our remaining two competitors, here are the overall points:

FigmentPigments - 419
    Kenny Cook - 391

Congratulations to FigmentPigments (and welcome back) for your solid work on "The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship." It's a show I'd like to see in a park I'd like to visit.

Now don't go resting on your laurels quite yet, for the finale is worth a whopping 200 points, and the overall winner will be determined by cumulative points! A mere 28 points separate our competitors at present. Of course, you both have a generous two weeks to solve a problem Disney hasn't been able to fix for over 15 years. No pressure!

S.P.E.W likes this.
  5. D Hindley

THEME PARK APPRENTICE 9: FINALE - FIX WALT DISNEY STUDIOS PARIS

This is it! The finale! To those who remain, to Kenny Cook and @FigmentPigments, welcome to the climax of “Theme Park Apprentice: Extreme Park Makeover!” You’ve earned it!
    In this season, we’ve enjoyed a great variety of parks, both big and small. But here at the end, we must go once again to the biggest dog in the room...to Disney!

Back in 2001, Disney opened three new theme parks. While Tokyo DisneySea quickly emerged as the world’s greatest park, the other two – Disney’s California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Paris – both stood out as the absolute worst parks Disney had ever created, hobbled by cheap budgets and creative ennui.

Disney’s California Adventure was brilliantly fixed! With a budget far larger than that of the original park, DCA 2.0 quickly became a crown jewel in the Disney Parks roster, with top-to-bottom improvements. As a California local, it’s honestly flabbergasted me how successfully they transformed the old DCA. I didn’t think it could be done.

And yet Walt Disney Studios Paris remains unchanged. It’s almost impossible to describe everything wrong with this park, a park I have visited, but for a total of 39 minutes until I could take no more of it. The place is a parking lot. The theming is minimal. The layout is absurd. There aren’t really even lands to speak of, just attractions placed randomly in an indifferent setting. There are bright spots, such as the Ratatouille miniland, but WDSP needs more of them!

So there it is…Fix Walt Disney Studios Paris!

Take as much creative liberty as Imagineering did when fixing DCA. Budget is no issue here. Disney’s executives want to see that WDSP can be brought up to the level of the stunningly beautiful Disneyland Paris next door, and they’re relying upon your creativity to make that happen! Bring you’re A-game, players, for fixing WDSP is the greatest conundrum in theme park history!

Since this is the finale, you will have 2 weeks! All proposals are due on Saturday, August 26th, at midnight site time. Late proposals without an acceptable excuse will see their point totals reduced.

And to ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED, I wholeheartedly welcome any other attempts at fixing Disney's French mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the clever Imagineers around these parts have thought on the Walt Disney Studios problem before. Post here or on TPI with any and all ideas! :)

S.P.E.W likes this.