The wonderful thing about tiggers...

Saturday, 9/6, we expected to find a tropical storm outside our window. Instead, there was rain, but not anything unusual. We were all trapped by the comfort of our bed, so slept in a bit. ;)

We had a quick breakfast at Tubby's in the Dolphin. We really weren't up for a character meal, but wanted a bit more (or less, if counting calories) than coffe and doughnuts, and that was our only choice on site.

We waited the requisite 15 minutes for an AK bus, but were in the gates (including turning in my AP voucher) within 30 minutes or so.

The AK was not crowded at all! We walked on to PW (and were even asked if we wanted to stay on for another ride; my husband had opted out because he can't tolerate spinning, so we declined) Dinosaur, ITTBAB, and Kali River Rapids, which we rode twice.

I said hi to Nick as we exited, and was able to get in touch with mkt, who was waiting for me at the Swan! We hustled back to the hotel.

After brief introductions, my husband and son went off to visit the pool (the day had turned hot and sunny) while Rob and I headed off to lunch. I'm not sure how we decided on Beaches and Cream, but that's where we ended up. :veryconfu We chatted, and had a great time discussing all things Disney, along with rowing, travel, education, etc. Rob is a peach. He was expecting someone shorter, however, because of the shrinking reference in my sig. I explained that I was only shrinking in girth, although confess that I may be an inch shorter than I was several years ago. sigh.

We parted, and I went in search of my family.

We headed over to Epcot for lunch. (I was, of course, just going to watch, and maybe have a beer.) It was too late for lunch in any of the full service restaurants, so they ended up having burgers and fries at Electric Umbrella. I got my beer. ;)

Then it was off to TT. Only a 20 min wait, so off we went. There was a mother with a daughter (around my son's age) and a son (about 6) in line in front of us. The daughter really, really, wanted to ride. The son really, really, didn't. I told him that it wasn't all that scary, but he wasn't convinced. The daughter didn't want to ride alone. The mother asked if she could ride with me (I am the most benign, respectable looking person you could imagine...if I were more attractive, I could be the model for a multitude of household products commercials) and I of corse, agreed. She did fine, and her mother met us at the exit.

My son really, really, wanted to ride M:S, and Rob had convinced me that I had to, also. My husband opted out, of course. Well, who should we run into getting into the next pod, but the family from TT! This time, the son was the instigator! :lol: Was afraid of TT, but apparently had no qualms about M:S; go figure!

I found M:S to be quite exciting enough for me, and we experienced no nausea, nor any sensation of spinning. (although I know we were) I convinced my husband to ride...big mistake! :(

He looked terrible when he got off! Clammy, ashen, and queasy! He felt awful for several hours, which created some problems. I myself felt queasy this time, and had some difficulty swallowing while riding. I have since learned that it's not a great idea to ride twice in a row.

We headed back to the hotel to get ready for my husband's birthday dinner at CG, where we were meeting two of his sisters, and his BIL. I posted a review in the CG thread, so will spare you the details.

It was "Night of Joy" at MK, so we were able to utilize Disney transportation without any difficulty. Had the park not been open late, it would have been more difficult, and we would have driven our car. I mentioned this to my BIL, and mentioned that it woouldn't be a good choice on early closing days, unless the people they're meeting are staying at an MK resort.

Back to the hotel, and another "heavenly" sleep. (Helped along by two glasses of wine and a Drambuie)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Great trip report Mom! I have had the pleasure of hanging out with Rob on my last 2 trips. My husband and girls love him!

We have officially adopted him into the family.:animwink:

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom