The Wonder or the Magic...which is better???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Which is better and why? The Wonder or the Magic?

We're still undecided if we want to do the cruise or go back to the parks, but if we do go ahead with the cruise we want to hear some opinions of those that have been on these two ships. Thanks!:wave:

devoy1701

Which is better and why? The Wonder or the Magic?

We're still undecided if we want to do the cruise or go back to the parks, but if we do go ahead with the cruise we want to hear some opinions of those that have been on these two ships. Thanks!:wave:

Why not look into the Dream or Fantasy and enjoy some of the brand new offerings? is it a specific Itinerary you're looking for?

devoy1701

Something for August or Sept. and in the Caribbean or even Mexican Riviera.

gotcha. Fantasy won't be ready until April of 2012 (which would be ok if you're looking for next year). It seems to alternate between weekly Eastern and Western Caribbean trips.

I like that the Mexican Reviera idea too, but mostly because you can piggyback a Disneyland trip on top of it. If I'm going to head out to LA to sail, I'm definitely going to be spending a few days at Disneyland as well.

kal1484

Both the Magic and Wonder are basically the same. The buffet has a difference name, some of the kids programs are a bit different, and the theme of the adult areas are different. It really depends on what itinerary you are looking for.

This September the Disney Magic will still be in Europe for most of the month, then starting back with 7 night Caribbean the last week of September. The Wonder will be doing the Mexican Rivera. Then the Dream will be doing 3, 4, or 5 night cruises to Nassau and Castaway Cay. It all depends on how long you want to be gone for and which port you would like to go out of: Port Canaveral or LA. :)

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Both the Magic and Wonder are basically the same. The buffet has a difference name, some of the kids programs are a bit different, and the theme of the adult areas are different. It really depends on what itinerary you are looking for.

This September the Disney Magic will still be in Europe for most of the month, then starting back with 7 night Caribbean the last week of September. The Wonder will be doing the Mexican Rivera. Then the Dream will be doing 3, 4, or 5 night cruises to Nassau and Castaway Cay. It all depends on how long you want to be gone for and which port you would like to go out of: Port Canaveral or LA. :)

We'll be leaving from Port Canaveral and we definitely want to do a 5 or 7 night cruise.

NYwdwfan

I was just on the vacationstogo website - they discount cruises and my in-laws cruise with them all the time - and saw they have STEEP discounts on the Disney cruises (balcony on Dream for September 15 for $479 pp as opposed to the brochure rate of $1,519 pp). Might be worth looking into.

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
I was just on the vacationstogo website - they discount cruises and my in-laws cruise with them all the time - and saw they have STEEP discounts on the Disney cruises (balcony on Dream for September 15 for $479 pp as opposed to the brochure rate of $1,519 pp). Might be worth looking into.

wow! thanks.:wave:

NYwdwfan

No problem! I was thinking we would go on a cruise, maybe, for our non-Disney vacation and then found myself checking prices for the Disney cruise - I'm guessing not what my husband had in mind! :D

DisneyJoe

wow! thanks.:wave:

Make sure you add taxes and fees into those costs - many sites will post somewhat deceptive lead pricing to get you to call.

For example, here is the pricing for the September 15 Dream cruise from the disneytravelagents.com site, just did it now:

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Category $958.00
Guest 1 Cruise Fare $479.00
Guest 2 Cruise Fare $479.00
Government Taxes & Fees (Cruise) $ $99.44
Total Price $1,057.44

Looks the same as VacationsToGo, eh?

NYwdwfan

Make sure you add taxes and fees into those costs - many sites will post somewhat deceptive lead pricing to get you to call.

For example, here is the pricing for the September 15 Dream cruise from the disneytravelagents.com site, just did it now:

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Category $958.00
Guest 1 Cruise Fare $479.00
Guest 2 Cruise Fare $479.00
Government Taxes & Fees (Cruise) $ $99.44
Total Price $1,057.44

Looks the same as VacationsToGo, eh?

Interesting...guess that's why we all comparison shop!

DisneyJoe

Interesting...guess that's why we all comparison shop!

You will find that Disney Cruise Line pricing is identical from site to site to site - except for those agencies that will offer onboard credits or who possibly booked some group space (this doesn't happen too much any more on DCL)

Don't believe a site that says it has a STEEP discount - just because they say it is - and don't compare against brochure rate - that means nothing.

That's like those that rush to WDW for FREE DINING...

NYwdwfan

You will find that Disney Cruise Line pricing is identical from site to site to site - except for those agencies that will offer onboard credits.

Don't believe a site that says it has a STEEP discount - just because they say it is - and don't compare against brochure rate - that means nothing.

That's like those that rush to WDW for FREE DINING...

That statement right there makes me COMPLETELY understand!! :lol:

Disneyfalcon

Yep, Joe's right! Disney does not allow companies to discount their cruises anymore. We all give you the same price. The difference is service, knowledge and onboard credits.:)

The Wonder and Magic really are the exact same. Other than a few name changes here and there, you'll feel like you're on the same ship. It's the itinerary. I would have always said the Magic because it has longer itineraries, but now the Wonder has 7 nights!:)

mommamouse411

hey WDWMAZ!!!

I'm going to try the Magic 7day WC in Oct!! the cost was roughly about the same as 4day Dream same time...I'm going to wait till 2012 to do the Dream and then 2013 for Fantasy...

but I heard pretty much they (Wonder/Magic) are almost the same..so I'm just going to give Magic a shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom