Trip Report ** COMPLETED** The Wine and Dine and Halloween Time (in August) Trip Report

Hey guys! Sorry for falling off the face of the Earth for a few weeks. Its taking me a little bit longer to recover from my eye surgery than I would have liked so I still have a hard time seeing my computer screen (plus I actually had to go back to full time work :):joyfull:). Anyway, I am going to *slowly* work on my TR! Also half my pictures may or may not be blurry and I still couldn't tell you :p

Who?
The usual cast...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115363867.JPG

When?
August 29-September 3, 2017

Where?
The Polynesian - Club Level (thanks to a very last minute discount I happened to find after stalking the website for months)

Why?
This trip was planned before our other summer trips :) We wanted to go to Disney right before I started back to work plus thanks to things happening earlier than ever it gave us the opportunity to experience Halloween and Food and Wine :)

Day 1 August 29, 2017
This morning we got up fairly early and got ready for the airport. Unlike our last trip my Mom did not have to work this day so we got an extra full day in the World :)
I was still (am still...) recovering from my eye surgery 3 days prior so I could not wear makeup yet. Get used to seeing my very light sensitive squinty eyes as well :joyfull::p
DSC_6050.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

We got to the airport, got our bags checked and got through security very quickly so we headed to get some breakfast. Bagel time :)
DSC_6054.jpg

DSC_6056.jpg

My Mom took the time to take this lovely picture of me experiencing some residual eye pain :p
file-4.jpg

We usually get fountain pop with our breakfast but their machine wasn't working so we headed to Tim Hortons instead. The worker insisted I try White Hot Chocolate...it was OK but not great :) My Mom got some iced tea
DSC_6057.jpg
DSC_6058.jpg

While waiting for our flight to board there was a girl sitting across from us who was SO nervous and asked me if she had time to go to the bathroom before we boarded....mind you we were boarding in 25 minutes :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway, soon enough it was time to board our plane :)
Orange Magic Bands for the win! We choose orange for Halloween :)
DSC_6062.jpg

The gang was ready to fly
DSC_6065.jpg

Next up: we land!

MeeskaMooska0714

That picture of you and Tigger is so cute! Good thing he at least realized you weren't just any old tiger! :facepalm:
I saw some of your pics on Instagram, but it's nice seeing the rest from the party!

Big Hair

Late coming in but always following. Our mnsshp is on Halloween. Hoping to get some tips from your trip to maximize the magic. 31 days and a wake up is all we have to go. Always great to read your TR's.

LeighM

All caught up. I have a pair of similar sandals. I don't really care how they look as long as I have arch support and I'm not going to walk out of my shoes if it rains lol. I really hurt my ankle at home when I slipped out of slippery flip flops and I def don't want to be forced to wear a boot at WDW :) Love your pictures of the Halloween Party! I initially had regrets about not doing it this year but your trip report reminded me of why I didn't want to go this year - the humidity LOL.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That picture of you and Tigger is so cute! Good thing he at least realized you weren't just any old tiger! :facepalm:
I saw some of your pics on Instagram, but it's nice seeing the rest from the party!

Thank you! I was so thrown off when that CM called me a tiger hahaha

Eeek! I'm so far behind on your trip reports! What kind of eye surgery did you have? Hope you're feeling better.

I had PRK which is a chemical version of lasik which takes longer to heal! I am slowly feeling better :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Your costumes are sooooooo cute!!! The Halloween party is on my bucket list! :)

Hope your eyes are feeling better! I could use some surgery on mine myself... I am blind 24/7 LOL

Thank you!!! I love the Halloween party! Its so fun! You should definitely do it :) Eyes are getting better each day just a very slow process

That picture with Tigger was SO cute!! he's one of my favorites!

Thank you! He is one of my favorites as well :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Late coming in but always following. Our mnsshp is on Halloween. Hoping to get some tips from your trip to maximize the magic. 31 days and a wake up is all we have to go. Always great to read your TR's.

Hopefully I can finish my TR by then...:joyfull::joyfull:

All caught up. I have a pair of similar sandals. I don't really care how they look as long as I have arch support and I'm not going to walk out of my shoes if it rains lol. I really hurt my ankle at home when I slipped out of slippery flip flops and I def don't want to be forced to wear a boot at WDW :) Love your pictures of the Halloween Party! I initially had regrets about not doing it this year but your trip report reminded me of why I didn't want to go this year - the humidity LOL.

I honestly don't care what they look like either :rolleyes::rolleyes: It was way nicer walking around without worrying about slipping everywhere! It was VERY humid during that party :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ah...sorry told you it was going to take me forever :confused:
Day 1 continued
After meeting Goofy we were pretty hungry and we had originally thought about going to Peco Bills but Cosmic Rays was right there so we went there instead :)
Kids Mac and Cheese and fries for both of us :)
DSC_6180.jpg

After eating we looked around and the candy lines were pretty long so we decided to find a spot for the parade about 35 minutes before it started. Honestly I was worried about waiting that long to sit for the parade especially since it was PACKED in the hub but there was ample seating along Main Street which was nice :) Main Street is so cool looking during the party :)
DSC_6185.jpg

DSC_6186.jpg

DSC_6187.jpg
DSC_6188.jpg

DSC_6189.jpg
DSC_6190.jpg

We did put our bags down to hold our spot for a minute for some PP pictures :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404553129053.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404553129056.JPG

Then a PP CM came to us :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404554309924.JPG

Next up: parade time!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
Try as I might I could NOT get a good picture of the headless horseman :oops: Oh well! Here is Nick Wilde entertaining us before the parade came down :)
DSC_6195.jpg

Finally the parade came down :)
DSC_6202.jpg

Oh hey Pooh :)
DSC_6204.jpg

Pinocchio :)
DSC_6206.jpg

DSC_6207.jpg

Daisy!
DSC_6210.jpg

DSC_6211.jpg

Minnie :)
DSC_6214.jpg

DSC_6215.jpg

Mickey and Donald were on the other side the whole time so I couldn't get a picture of them :oops:
Start of Peter Pan float :)
DSC_6220.jpg

Next up: more parade

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
DSC_6251.jpg

Wreck it Ralph :)
DSC_6252.jpg
DSC_6255.jpg

DSC_6255.jpg

DSC_6261.jpg

Villians section...my eyes must have been getting pretty bad because these pictures are getting blurrier and blurrier :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_6263.jpg

DSC_6267.jpg

Boogie Man
DSC_6270.jpg

DSC_6273.jpg

DSC_6275.jpg

After the parade we had about 10 minutes before Hallowishes so we stayed where we were and took some pictures while waiting :)
DSC_6278.jpg

Next up: Halloween pictures galore

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
DSC_6290.jpg

DSC_6293.jpg

DSC_6296.jpg

DSC_6297.jpg

DSC_6300 (1).jpg

DSC_6306.jpg

After the fireworks we decided to head out since we were pretty tired. All in all we had a GREAT Halloween Party :)
We only did one trick and treating stop but that was enough for us :) Winnie the Pooh and friends were great, as was Goofy, and we loved the parade and the fireworks :) It was also nice that it was not very crowded !
DSC_6310.jpg

Saved the best PP pictures for last :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404555348651.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404555348654.JPG

When we got back to the room our luggage was thankfully there (I was a little worried since they changed our room number) so we headed off to bed :)

Next up: Day 2...Hollywoooood

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 August 30, 2017
This morning we got up and had breakfast in the Club Lounge...just some croissants, yogurt, fruit, muffins and cheese. Thats right, the best thing about breakfast at the lounge was the cheese they had every morning :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway then we got ready and headed to the bus stop. We waited for about 25 minutes for a Hollywood Studios bus but we weren't in a hurry so it didn't matter to us :)
With all the constriction going on we dropped off at a kind of weird spot...
DSC_6315.jpg

We walked ALL the way to the gate and I noticed that no one was walking down the red carpet so my Mom and I did (I dragged her over there :p). The CMs asked where we were from and thanked us for walking down since no one else was :) I wish I took a picture!
My Mom decided she always wanted this picture...:joyfull:
DSC_6318.jpg

We decided to rope drop Aerosmith so headed there
DSC_6320.jpg

DSC_6322.jpg

I spy T of T :)
DSC_6323.jpg

DSC_6325.jpg

My poor poor eyes
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8091144135.jpeg

DSC_6326.jpg
DSC_6328.jpg
DSC_6329.jpg

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
We told ourselves we would not talk ourselves out of Tower of Terror so we headed there before we changed our minds :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8091154274.jpeg

:joyfull::joyfull: We survived! It wasn't even that bad :)
Honestly, what is with these pictures my Mom takes of me? :D:p This one is of me putting up my hair I think :)
DSC_6333.jpg

DSC_6334.jpg

We stopped for a PP picture along the way to our next destination :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404557940169.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404557940186.JPG

Our next FP for was TSM so we headed over there. TSM was actually closed so we wandered around to wait for it to open.
DSC_6339.jpg
DSC_6341.jpg
DSC_6342.jpg

DSC_6343.jpg
DSC_6344.jpg

We actually kind of stalked TSM and used the Touring Plans app to see when it might open. The app is pretty accurate so we waited like 10 minutes for the ride to reopen then rode it twice! Once via standby then we used our FP :)

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
I was able to pick up a lunch reservation for Sci-Fi Fi so we headed there. It was so cool because we were one of the first people in there and it was super quiet when we walked in.
DSC_6364.jpg

DSC_6366.jpg

I didn't take any pictures because it was too dark but we had spicy Buffalo boneless wings and fried pickles. We get the same things every time but it was yum as usual :) For some reason we decided to order dessert so my Mom got a hot fudge sundae and I tried the Sci-Fi candy bar. I have not one clue what possessed me to think that I would like that candy bar but I certainly didn't :joyfull: .... too sweet for me :)
Anyway, after our delicious lunch we headed out of the park. We walked by Daisy who was out with a small line so we decided to say hi!
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404561095068.jpg

After a long wait for the bus we finally made it back to the Polynesian. We decided to head to the pool to relax a little. Aside from not wearing makeup after my eye surgery I also could not go swimming. I asked my doctor if I could sit on the edge of the pool and she said no....buttttt it was over 90 degrees outside and I wanted to at least dip my toes in the pool :)
So, we thought the safer option would be to go to the Oasis pool which happened to be outside our door anyway.
DSCF2425.JPG

I have no idea what took us so long to try out the Oasis pool! It was so nice and (mostly) quiet and it was still a zero entry which worked out well for me :)
DSCF2426.JPG

You can kind of tell that I had goggles on under my sunglasses...for extra protection from splash :hilarious:
DSCF2427.JPG

DSCF2428.JPG

It was very hot out but we did OK sitting in the edge of the pool and moving around whenever kids came around just in case :) I probably looked like a psycho :rolleyes:
Anyway, we ended up finding two chairs partially in the shade and sat down for a few minutes. We ended up making friends with a couple from downstate NY and had a lot of fun chatting with them about our favorite restaurants, etc :)

Sorry for the short post! Off to big kid work :)

Next up: MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom