Trip Report The "we took a trip to Disney World just so we could write a trip report" trip report

Hello fellow Disney-folk! Early this year me (Scott) and my CDP (co-Disney-Phile) Lyn started hatching a spring trip to WDW. We've never done a real trip report before so we thought it would be fun. Lots of pictures too. Enjoy!

Our "incredible" vacation (er...long weekend, anyway) ended up during St Patrick's Day weekend. Planned in advance with reservations at Pop Century, snagging pretty decent rates too. Magic Bands customized, ordered, and received! Not really into planning things out very much but since FP+ was available, we used it (more on that later).

One day I got two(!) boxes in my mailbox from Davenport Florida. Magic Bands!

Click to enlarge...

Are we Disney-nerds? Yup. Hadn't done this before though: Mousekeeping tipping envelopes (available from WDW Prep School). This was kind of an experiment. Tipping at hotels has been a contentious point recently. Even though I travel quite a bit I'd never heard of leaving tips at hotels before reading about tipping "mousekeeping". I won't start a debate about the practice, but this was something we wanted to try in our (my?) own odd way.

More exciting news about that later on. Stay tuned!

Click to enlarge...

photoflight

Original Poster
Day Two, post-lunch

Our hearty lunch gave us an abundance of energy to expend. So we did...expend....strolling around Fantasyland. And, wow, the walls are down around the Mine Train and it really looks like something. So impressive after taking all these pictures since they started the thing.

Click to enlarge...

Then there was Gaston

Click to enlarge...

...and there was this Gaston
Click to enlarge...

...and then Gaston's

Click to enlarge...

...where we popped in for a look. Not crowded here at all. Little known factoid: you have to lean to the left when you order at Gaston's.

Should have got something, but we were full of turkey and beef and Pommes Frites

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Maurice's Amazing Popping Machine! Someone had a great idea with that cart.

Click to enlarge...

photoflight

Original Poster
Day Two, continued...

Now that the pathway behind the Mine Train is open we could casually walk around to Storybook Circus without back-tracking. So we did. Even sat and people-watched for a bit.

Click to enlarge...

Dumbo!
Click to enlarge...

Now into the Big Top. This place really impresses me for some reason. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it looks huge and packed with stuff. The details are really well done, including a spotlight that moves around the top of the tent that I hadn't noticed until now.

Click to enlarge...

Big Top Treats! Mmmm mmmm yummy yum! Should have skipped the Pommes Frites.

Click to enlarge...

Here's someone making that amazing stuff! Got to be one of the best features too - watching them make things here and at the Confectionary on Main street. It all looked so good...sigh...stupid Pommes Frites.

Click to enlarge...

Not a hot day by any means (I think we hit about 70) but kids were loving Casey Jr

Click to enlarge...

Here I am, on the receiving end of a mischievous monkey with a spray can.He's looking right at us, right? Silly Monkey. They're possessed, those monkeys.

Click to enlarge...

photoflight

Original Poster
Day Two, continues...

This is Jorge. We go way back...all the way back to the train station, the train station where I said "TRAIN!" and ran ahead to try and get a decent picture. This is what I got.

Click to enlarge...

Tomorrowland Speedway, one of my all time favorites. I remember these suckers when I was a little kid. Wow. Myself driving (with supervision of course), Disney magic made it seem like I was really racing.

Click to enlarge...

Even today the Disney Imagineers work their magic, giving today's youth the experience of being in a real live traffic jam! Is there anything they can't do?

Amazing stuff!

These two guys in #42 (the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything - by the way) apparently made an imaginary call to Disney's simulated AAA. They were soon on their way and traffic flowed normally again.

Zoom-Zoom guys...zoom-zoom!

Click to enlarge...

photoflight

Original Poster
What a pretty walk this was.

Ever notice the path alongside the railroad tracks between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland? I cut through there lots of times back when Toontown Fair was there but completely forgot about it. We took that path for pictures of the train, and the whole time only a couple of people walked by. A really quiet, nice path.

Click to enlarge...

Wow. What a line. Won't be waiting for Space Mountain. Nosiree-bob.

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

photoflight

Original Poster
Well, ok. We both utterly detest having our picture taken though. It's a borderline phobia for me I guess. We're just not into taking pictures of ourselves really, ever.

Thanks for the thought though :)

photoflight

Original Poster
Day Two continues...Tomorrowland and Beyond!

Tomorrowland. Yes, there was a good but spotty crowd there on a Saturday

Click to enlarge...

The TTA! One of our favorite rides ever and our first ride for this trip.

For months we thought this was going to be closed during our trip so we just forgot about it. Then...no! It was open! Awesome. Could ride this all day. There wasn't much of a line when we got on, but later the line was incredibly long. Not sure what was going on but they had CMs kind of directing people into a queue for it.

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Last edited:

photoflight

Original Poster
Safely back on the ground we scampered (not really) over to Carousel of Progress. Another favorite! The doors were open, no waiting, no crowd.

This is my favorite scene...they say no photography but Nikon's "quiet mode" means a soft click that's barely there. Nobody seemed to notice, really!

Click to enlarge...

Runner-up for favorite scene? CDP-Lyn likes the pumpkin. I'm torn.

Click to enlarge...

We managed to not blurt-out "don't burn the dinner". He always does though. Always.

Click to enlarge...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom