The upstairs Image Works, 2014 edition

Mike S

I remember being on the original ride but have absolutely no memory of the original image works or the second version of the ride (thank god). Hopefully that Epcot project you hinted at deals with fixing this pavilion :(

Mike S

Great job as usual. As well as image works I don't remember magic journeys at all either. The song is familiar though since we had a CD with all the theme park songs and my mom always played it in the car for me and my siblings :) Your videos really do highlight how WDW has changed over the years. I wish I was able to see it in the 80's during the Golden Age :(

GrammieBee

We were there with our children several times. It was a fun, hands on (or feet) place with lots of things to do. Even way back then a few people, or their children, were careless or even abusing the attractions. Even if the attractions weren't being abused they were receiving very heavy usage leading to normal wear and tear.

I would imagine another reason for the deteriation of attractions in the Imagination pavillion was its sponsor Kodak's financial troubles. At least it wasn't completely closed as were some other pavillions. And those wonderful fountains are still there. Maybe they shouldn't be mentioned or they also will disappear.

Figaro928

Forget the fact that i have many childhood memories in that rainbow tunnel. Forget all my personal thoughts about Imagination and Figment and DREAMFINDER...... To not use that space, from a business aspect, is just insane. they have, what? 3000 sq feet or so of people absorbing space to use. PLUS the theatre next door!

Heck, put Olaf's Imaginary Limited-Time Only Retail Extravaganza Snow Party up there...just don't waste the space.

Oh and I'm making the same argument for the Wonders of Life Pavilion, Oddessey, 65% of Hollywood Studios.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Where is the escalator and staircase in the new attraction layout? Is it in the kodak post-show area somewhere? I don't have very good memory of all the post-show area in the 'new' attraction

FigmentFan3

Where is the escalator and staircase in the new attraction layout? Is it in the kodak post-show area somewhere? I don't have very good memory of all the post-show area in the 'new' attraction
The escalator is inside the entrance to the attraction and immediately to the left I do believe. It can also be reached on the left side of the gift shop near the exit. Although, there is a cage around it that someone mentioned as being locked. The stairwell is positioned on the left side in the centre of the gift shop. I've read somewhere that if you ask one of the retail CMs they might let you peek upstairs, but I've not tried it myself.

raven

This video must be old because most of what's seen as being left in the video have been gone for at least 2 years now. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom