The upstairs Image Works, 2014 edition

epcotisbest

How sad. The old Image Works Sensor rainbow tunnel thing brings back fond memories. We used to spend way to much time there at the Stepping Tones too.

SMRT-1Michael

Is the another way to access the Upstairs Imageworks via hidden escalator (the escalator that was once not hidden that is now behind a temporary wall) or do these people simply walk up the center staircase? I've tried to work up the courage for years. I just can't gamble with getting banned from Walt Disney World property to trespassing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is the another way to access the Upstairs Imageworks via hidden escalator (the escalator that was once not hidden that is now behind a temporary wall) or do these people simply walk up the center staircase? I've tried to work up the courage for years. I just can't gamble with getting banned from Walt Disney World property to trespassing.
Often the original "up" escalators fence gate is unlocked.

Aside from that it's the spiral stairs. The down escalator terminates backstage behind the cash tills at the exit.

copcarguyp71

Not a closed off area...."special events"
drevilhowaboutno.jpg

(and yes the Starbucks cup is also a jab....MUWAHAHAHA!!!)

Disneyhead'71

What they should do is reopen it, but with a slight change. The activities cost money, but you just swipe your band and it's charged straight to your account. The kids would love it! They could stay there swiping and playing for hours. It'd be like a bottomless Dave & Buster's card.

$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goofnut1980

wow...such a wasted space... That side of the park needs a little TLC. There has to be something they could turn it into, if not a really cool restaurant.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I didn't remember how long the rainbow tunnel was. I do miss that space. I like Goofnut's idea of a restaurant, just don't make it a Starbucks! Haha!

ewensell3

Watch and weep. Again.

00:29 - Is that red spot on the spaceship a broken bit or one of those red "Do Not Destroy" tags?

Edit - Looks like there might be tags on the other sculptures as well.

Edit2 - Looks like the Balloon Race as been disturbed compared to previous videos.

Last edited:

crispy

My daughters did a class through the YES program last year, and they took us upstairs to the main area so we could complete some tasks. I was able to peek around and get some pictures. That's a legal way to see some of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom