The Unofficial Walt Disney World Resort Rant Thread

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Walt Disney World Resort, the "Most Magical Place on Earth"... Well even magic can't always fix huge problems!

I love WDW. It's fun, thrilling, beautiful, it's the perfect way to leave the real world. But even then, it will still have big flaws. I've created this thread so you can post anything you find annoying about WDW. Whether it be an attraction, a hotel, queues, prices, whatever. Just because you love WDW doesn't mean that the company doesn't make mistakes.

bethymouse

I wasn't happy with my cast member check in "girl" at the Polynesian on our most recent trip. She wasn't very helpful, nor in the least bit sympathetic when I almost started crying that they did not receive a fax for my room request ( Polynesian was "booked up" though). I'll know better to call next time ( but that was the second time we've stayed at the Polynesian and I didn't get my room request). She also messed up our magic bands, but another CM took care of it when my husband went to "complain". We got extra fast passes to Dinosaur. I would have rather had a choice of fast passes, but it's better than nothing.;)
The Spirit of Aloha Show cast member wasn't going to seat us where we had requested, but they did accommodate us after "complaining".
There also was a "scheduled" power outage 2 days while we were there. The "paper" explained they were working on the generators ( Pago Pago and Mo'orea). That was somewhat inconvenient.:(
Overall, however, the trip was a good one. I am not sure if I'd pay the $$$ to stay at the Polynesian again ( I like Grand Floridian better).;)

Doug Means

Walt Disney World Resort, the "Most Magical Place on Earth"... Well even magic can't always fix huge problems!

I love WDW. It's fun, thrilling, beautiful, it's the perfect way to leave the real world. But even then, it will still have big flaws. I've created this thread so you can post anything you find annoying about WDW. Whether it be an attraction, a hotel, queues, prices, whatever. Just because you love WDW doesn't mean that the company doesn't make mistakes.

im not saying any names but i hate the same old people complaining on these threads...saying they love disney but...and its because i love disney that i can say with passion they need to fix...

im not talking about anyone or everyone who has complained, but there are a few that complain about everything, it seems. they need to stop bringing me down. for them i say, the beaches are nice around the USA.

can WDW fix them?

rob0519

I'm sorry. Didn't mean to create a bad thread.
Well yeah, you kind of did. "Post anything you find annoying about WDW" is pretty specifically going to result in a "bad" thread. You're free to start any type of thread you want, but don't expect sunshine, roses and pixie dust with a statement like that.

chiefs11

I wasn't happy with my cast member check in "girl" at the Polynesian on our most recent trip. She wasn't very helpful, nor in the least bit sympathetic when I almost started crying that they did not receive a fax for my room request ( Polynesian was "booked up" though). I'll know better to call next time ( but that was the second time we've stayed at the Polynesian and I didn't get my room request). She also messed up our magic bands, but another CM took care of it when my husband went to "complain". We got extra fast passes to Dinosaur. I would have rather had a choice of fast passes, but it's better than nothing.;)
The Spirit of Aloha Show cast member wasn't going to seat us where we had requested, but they did accommodate us after "complaining".
There also was a "scheduled" power outage 2 days while we were there. The "paper" explained they were working on the generators ( Pago Pago and Mo'orea). That was somewhat inconvenient.:(
Overall, however, the trip was a good one. I am not sure if I'd pay the $$$ to stay at the Polynesian again ( I like Grand Floridian better).;)
Don't fax your room request...always call it in! Chances are that fax went right in a 'round-file'.

That being said, it would never cross my mind to complain that a room or seating request wasn't being honored, as it is just that: a request.

We just stayed at Grand Floridian and had the opposite feeling......we like Polynesian better. :)

Filby61

I'm sorry. Didn't mean to create a bad thread.

No apology necessary -- your thread is fine. Predictably, any criticism of Disney calls out the Pixie Dust Posse, galloping to defend the honor of their beloved multi-billion-dollar corporation -- shooting up the thread with mockery, sarcasm and ridicule, determined to run you and your thread out of town.

Wdw62114

Hahaha!!! The moderators on here a bunch of soft wusses. Deleting my post on here because I used the word alligator. Bite me mods!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom