The Ultimate Hollywood Studios Expansion

mm121

Original Poster
Saw some amazing ideas for studios, but people were saying theres no room to build anything..

so let me solve that problem for you :)

hollywood-studios-jpg.50295

Tip Top Club

One of the biggest problems with Studios is that they have barely updated their show content in recent years. There is plenty of room to replace and renovate and even innovate inside the parks current borders before expanding out that way (although I agree that it will have to be done eventually).

Indiana Jones, Backlot Express, ABC Sound Studio, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, Animation Building, Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow, Backlot Tour, Light's Motors Action....There is so much inside the park they could grow and change to create new experiences and fill out an entire day.

AllydoesDisney

That's true. They do need new shows. Like Tangled or Frozen. But don't get rid of Fantasmic, ever. And make sure they're girly enough to please the picky crowd.

Sam Magic

MGM also has the backlot they can rip out. The Park's main theme needs to change, less about how they make movies and more about stepping into your favorite Disney (C) films.

Karakasa

I was under the impression that plot of land was put aside for conservation of the wetlands or something. If not, I certainly can see no reason why something cannot go there. Heck! It's the perfect place for a Star Wars/Lucasfilm land!

Tear out the stunt show and Backlot tour, and you got yourself a Pixar Place expansion too!

mm121

Original Poster
Agreed, rather than removing attractions citing space reasons, i've never understood why they dont just expand the park boarders. I know in most cases its not feasible, but in some cases it could be done.

Yea it would be a challenge and costly, but with deep pockets anything is possible.

I first mentioned moving the entrance drive in this thread awhile back.

Would be great to see this land used someday.

To expand pixar they would still have to shuffel things around and close backlot though, and LMA, but there is plenty of space to either replace backlot/lma, or preferably bring a set of all new attractions.

Use the space where LMA & BLT are for Pixar / Toystory Play Land.

Then use the land where Indiana Jones is currently for Starwars land.

In all realism, Indiana Jones could be moved without tons of difficulty to the new area in red, along with a new backlot/ movie studios ride/ attraction, preferably designed in such a way where it could be updated on an annual basis, and would be great to bring back some of the original aspects, that incuded showing the actual filming process for movies, otherwise, HS is just another park without an identity.

and now that more and more attractions are being named after movies, what trully differentiates HS from the other parks? especially with no attraction really related to studios,

Voxel

President of Progress City
Agreed, rather than removing attractions citing space reasons, i've never understood why they dont just expand the park boarders. I know in most cases its not feasible, but in some cases it could be done.

Yea it would be a challenge and costly, but with deep pockets anything is possible.

I first mentioned moving the entrance drive in this thread awhile back.

Would be great to see this land used someday.

To expand pixar they would still have to shuffel things around and close backlot though, and LMA, but there is plenty of space to either replace backlot/lma, or preferably bring a set of all new attractions.

Use the space where LMA & BLT are for Pixar / Toystory Play Land.

Then use the land where Indiana Jones is currently for Starwars land.

In all realism, Indiana Jones could be moved without tons of difficulty to the new area in red, along with a new backlot/ movie studios ride/ attraction, preferably designed in such a way where it could be updated on an annual basis, and would be great to bring back some of the original aspects, that incuded showing the actual filming process for movies, otherwise, HS is just another park without an identity.

and now that more and more attractions are being named after movies, what trully differentiates HS from the other parks? especially with no attraction really related to studios,

One flaw, the area that you expanded the Parking lot into is currently protect land Disney cannot build into. A more brilliant solution (Which Disney has avoided for to long) would be a parking garage.

JasonDeyoung

Im hoping for star wars land, they need something on property for the boys. I mean maybe it's just me, but it seems like everything now is focused for little girls which is fine, but ya gotta spread it at some point. Not all families are all girls lol. The Carsland rumor would be fine but I heard that one got scratched and wasn't even going to have the racers. I dunno, anything at this point would be good I'm just ready for some new exciting hard core rides not meet and greets or more frozen

mm121

Original Poster
One flaw, the area that you expanded the Parking lot into is currently protect land Disney cannot build into. A more brilliant solution (Which Disney has avoided for to long) would be a parking garage.
cost/ maintenance wise garages are typically a last resort

as far as wetlands go, isn't it reedy creek that makes these designations which disney controls, wetlands can also be build/relocated elsewhere.

I'm always a bit surprised when people talk about the number of acres that can't be built on due to wetlands, I'm all for responsible development, but it just seems like the "thats wetlands, they cant build there" comes up alot,

I"m sure if it was a residential developer they would find a way to use 75/80 of all 25,000 acres.

Im hoping for star wars land, they need something on property for the boys. I mean maybe it's just me, but it seems like everything now is focused for little girls which is fine, but ya gotta spread it at some point. Not all families are all girls lol. The Carsland rumor would be fine but I heard that one got scratched and wasn't even going to have the racers. I dunno, anything at this point would be good I'm just ready for some new exciting hard core rides not meet and greets or more frozen

would be nice to see some of the male characters be a bit more represented,

would be great to see an idea other than carsland, was that movie really that popular? I hate when they duplicate things coast to coast, just makes them seem lazy, when parks in other parts of the world get unique attractions, wouldn't mind if they shared some attractions with parks in other countries though if they've trully run out of ideas and the ability to be creative for WDW

JasonDeyoung

Why I'm all for a star wars land, its a win/win. Plus the reports of s big star wars presence coming to Disney parks soon I thought was a hint that it's coming. Id say an avengers land would be awesome but we all know that's not gonna happen at wdw

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom