The Ultimate Disney Resort

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, HSM is "hot" right now, and those shows are only going to last as long as HSM popularity lasts. When there's not too many fans left, POOF! The shows are going to be changed over into the next big fad. We're lucky to have the KPWSA at EPCOT as the "bulk" of popularity has gone.

Exactly. These "hits" are probably not going to last longer than HSM. HSM is SOOO popular right now, it's almost ridiculous. That's the difference between HSM and KP. After KPSWA opened, I have heard absolutely nothing about it. Basically, it opened, and that was it. Nothing big like TSM or the refurbished Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Shark Attack!

SHARK ATTACK!

Queue/Load- After entering the Dark Gorge section of Atlantica, you'll find this attraction. In the broken hull of a large ship, you'll find the entrance into Shark Attack! Guests enter the broken hull of a ship. Once inside, the reflection of rippling water echoes against the wooden walls of the ship. All around, seawead and coral moss sprout from the floor. One of the most intense rides at the resort! It has a similar style to Dinosaur! and the vehicles share the same style of movement.

After entering the broken hull, the rippling rays of water are projected onto the walls of the wooden ship and onto sandy floor of the ocean. Scattered about the hull are many human items that have once been lost. Some of these items include, a dinglehopper, standing on a pedestal, a canon, a ticking grandfather clock, and even a music box, which occasionally plays Part of Your World, sending the beautiful music box chimes echoing eerily across the room.

Towards the end of the queue, guests board the loading dock, where they board sunken shipwrecks (The.ships are built like the Dinosaur! vehicles. So the ships aren't actually floating, instead each vehicle literally had the ship built around it.) Guests arrive at the loading station and set off.

The Open Sea- The ship moves out of the broken hull and into the large, open sea. The room is filled with fog and projected with a blue, shimmering light. Scenery is very minimal, due to the fact that there isn't a lot to see through the thick for. However, if you look close enough, you may be able to spot a Hidden Mickey, made of stone, lying in the oceanbed.

The Sunken Ship- The ship enters into a gaping hole on the side of a sunken ship. The ship is identically remodled after the one seen in The Little Mermaid. The ship moves past a large broken window, which is actually a video screen in disguise. As the ship passes the window, a large shark happens to prop its’ way into the window. Thankfully, the shark is too big and relentlessly exits the window, waiting for the guests to leave the ship.

Shark Chase- Now, the intense part of the ride kicks in! For the remainder of the attraction, you are faced against the large white shark seen in the movie…and this thing is scary! This section of the ride makes heavy use of smoke machines and lighting effects. As you exit the other side of the large ship, the shark is waiting right there for you!! The vehicle kicks into gear and you high-tail it out of there!

The ship shakes the riders back and forth in an uneasy motion. You continue onward before seeing the shark crash through the wall beside you! The ship springs forward and dips the passengers down into a dark coral valley. Here, only darkness is visible. The ship moves through the room in silence for a few seconds. Suddenly, the roar of the large shark comes from behind you! The vehicles rapidly ascend into the Ship Graveyard. Here an enhanced shark animatronic, suspended on a Kuka arm, chase the guests. The vehicles rapidly swim (well, drive) through the hole of a large anchor, before passing through a cavern. From behind, you hear the large shark get stuck in the anchor.

Unload- You move through the cavern, before the scene opens to the large shark that is stuck in the anchor. He snaps wildly, as the vehicles pass by. The ships move out of the cavern and into the unloading dock, where the guests exit the attraction.

KP25701

I dont beleive you that kim possible has les fans than hsm and kpstd was almost in theaters.Plus if you was to ask all the people on the fff petion they would all say the same thing Kim Possible is as good as Mickey Mouse and his friends.

Disneyson 1

I didn't say that KP has less fans... I just said that HSM is making money now, and KP really isn't at the time. Well, that has something to do with the company not creating any march. for KP...

And WOW!! What a great ride! Even though it only uses 1 character, it's fantastic! The smoke and the lights... wow! How good is that! But ya know what? I bet it'd be a great roller coaster. Dunno why, but I feel it'd be better as a coaster, something your resort generally... lacks. A little. But wow! I think this is my favorite ride of them all.

And a little P.S: I have an idea for Mary Poppins. Should I make it a ride (riding on the carousel horses) or a Disneyquest land?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I dont beleive you that kim possible has les fans than hsm and kpstd was almost in theaters.Plus if you was to ask all the people on the fff petion they would all say the same thing Kim Possible is as good as Mickey Mouse and his friends.

OMG!! You did not just say that Kim Possible is just as popular as Mickey Mouse. Kim Possible is a disney show. Mickey Mouse and friends ARE DISNEY. Without them, there would be nothing. And that's the point, Kim Possible was almost in theaters. Well, it wasn't. And asking people on a Kim Possible petition about how good Kim Possible is, is something Disney would NEVER do. They're not trying to appeal to the Kim Possible fanbase and they've already stated that. Obviously, people would adore her on a petition based around the show...but Disney doesn't want to appeal to solely her fans, when they've got the entire world to care about.

And if we're talking about the world= Mickey Mouse>Kim Possible.

Thanks Disneyson!! Wow! That was like...the best comment I've ever received!!! With your Mary Poppins attraction...IDK! It's a really tough choice. Having the carousel idea is cool, but I also really LOVE your DisneyQuest. You decide.

Disneyson 1

I mean, it's basically the same stuff (effects-wise), but it's in a different form (story's condensed in a ride, DisneyQuest is drawn out into sections and sometimes the story's extended). I really don't know. Please! HELLLLP!

Disneyson 1

Definitelly Hercules and Sleeping Beauty, strongly leaning towards Alice, possibly Pinnochio, and, umm... yeah. It's pretty packed, but the idea works with both. Does that influence your situation?

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Nope to Hannah/Miley/Destiny/Whatever.

Ummm, I think it would make a better ride. All of the DisneyQuest lands are rather popular and Mary Poppins seems to stick out a little. I thought it would be interesting to put in like...a BATB or TLM land. Just a thought.

Disneyson 1

Well, another goal of DisneyQuest is to put in more movies currently not featured in the parks. Since BatB and TLM (currently) don't have attractions, that'd be really good. I like the BatB idea, but i have a feeling that TLM may be overkill, as there's the rumors of the ride, the movie's re-releasing, etc. Besides, I just make a TLM attraction, and you'd find that the theming would bacome a bit... redundant. Plus, the movies have to have a realitively small world in which to roam. I mean, besides Alice. I don't know.

KingMickey

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well, another goal of DisneyQuest is to put in more movies currently not featured in the parks. Since BatB and TLM (currently) don't have attractions, that'd be really good. I like the BatB idea, but i have a feeling that TLM may be overkill, as there's the rumors of the ride, the movie's re-releasing, etc. Besides, I just make a TLM attraction, and you'd find that the theming would bacome a bit... redundant. Plus, the movies have to have a realitively small world in which to roam. I mean, besides Alice. I don't know.

True, yeah TLM would be better left out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom