The Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour now available at the Magic Kingdom

Siren

It's not for me but the tour seems very child friendly and great for families. And, it's only $199 for four hours and a snack. Cost wise it is on the low end for VIP tours. No pitchforks or torches are required this time. LOL.

Next Big Thing

To actually speak to the tour, they would need to alter that attractions lineup if I were to ever even consider this. Those are weak attractions to have to pay for (most either don't have lines or are easy to get as a FP+). It also sounds like young children will be on this tour so don't expect to hear any backstage information.

This is definitely not aimed at me, clearly aimed at families that just want to avoid lines. I can see how it may end up being popular though.

drizgirl

If it includes VIP viewing of parade and fireworks, I can see that being more of a draw than the rides.

But most of those are for things that never even needed FP for previously. I can't imagine this one will pack in enough guests over time to stick around.

drizgirl

If they really want this to succeed, here's the plan: have CMs solicit fathers standing in line with their whining children in the July heat for an instant VIP upgrade. There are times I would have gladly shelled out 200 bucks to escape that nightmare. :cool:

You mean $200........... per person.

21stamps

Okay, I'm sorry, but what is the point of this?? Pirates and Small World tend to have low wait times (in comparison to others), especially on a Tuesday. If you're going to justify this, at least add in some 'behind the scenes' information or tours.
I don't know if little kids would be interested in a "behind the scenes" tour. The Family Day of Thrills VIP Tour (or something like that), disappeared from the website sometime recently...sometime between November and last week anyway.lol It looks like this replaced it.

larandtra

I think they created this tour just so they could sit in their offices and watch some people on message boards have their heads explode. Meanwhile they can laugh at those whose heads do explode.

Brian Swan

So basically you're paying $20/ride for head of the line privileges. For iasw? Dumbo? I see this as being aimed at people with little kids and not much experience/knowledge of WDW who are willing to spend $800 for a family of 4 (plus the $400 admission) so they don't have to think too much. I know people scream "money grab" - and no doubt this is. I get ed when they introduce an up-charge for something that used to be included in the park admission. But if they can find rich people willing to pay for these crazy add-ons, power to them; maybe it will help keep ticket prices for the rest of us from going up quite as fast...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom