Trip Report **COMPLETED!** The Triple Threat Trip Report- Christmas and New Years at the Happiest Place on Earth

Ah, where do I start? It’s hard to believe that three weeks ago my family and I had just started our fantastic Christmas Vacation. Now, I am bracing myself for one of the coldest winters in 30 years. It’s amazing how much a difference of a thousand miles makes! Anyway, on to my trip report!

For a future warning, I apologize for any grammar mistakes, lagging in the report, and so forth. It has been over two years since I have actually written a trip report and quite frankly, I have missed it!

You can read my pre trip report here:http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-triple-threat-pre-trip-report.877490/#post-5824484

Also, if you’d like to know me more, you can read my last trip report, circa summer 2011: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...hot-days-fun-times-and-plenty-of-food.762909/

Let me reintroduce my family and myself:

Top: Left: My sister, Jodi. Right: Me, Jessica
Bottom: My parents

Okay, now that you all know my cast, I'll get this "show" started!

The term triple-threat comes from the fact that our vacation was actually three vacations in one. The plan was to stay in the Sarasota area of Florida for a little over a week, go on a quick, three day, bahamian can cruise, and spend the remaining days (about 12) in Disney.

We left for Florida on Friday, December 13. Just a few days before we left, I came to the realization of the date that we were leaving on! I am a firm believer of this day being unlucky for a number of reason but this belief was proven true on the day we left...

I work at a school for a couple hours a day monitoring students during their lunch and recess periods, so we planned on leaving right after I got out of work. Well, that did not happen. The morning we were to depart, I woke up with, what felt like, a golf ball sized lump in my throat. I almost decided to suck it up and just go to work, but since my job requires me to talk, I made the difficult decision to call off and go to the emergency clinic. I am soooo glad I did! I ended up testing positive for strep throat, and I could have made it worse by going to work and not treating it. This was just my luck with Friday, the 13th. To add to our bad luck, my mom was down with a "bug," too. My sister, Jodi, was getting over being sick, and my dad was coming down with something, as well. This is one of the reasons why I am not fond of traveling in the winter due to everyone being sick and all, but my family is never able to get this kind of time off during any other season.

Anyway, we still ended up leaving on that day. We had no other choice. Since we were driving and pulling a camper, we had to due to a snowstorm that was going to hit our hometwon, Chicago, the next day. But, we still caught the darn thing that day. The snowstorm ended up being an entire front that stretched from northern Florida to Illinois. The snow turned into a down poor as we hit the South. In all, it was on of the worse 'drive-downs' we have ever had. It took us 28 hours to get to Sarasota, FL rather than usually taking 18 hours. Moral of this story: Never start your vacation on Friday, the 13th!

Here are some photos of the day we arrived. I won't bore you all with the first two parts of the vacation since they are not Disney related, but I will show you some of our photos on the way down and such!

On our second day of driving, I was feeling a bit better after loading up on Motrin and taking my required antibiotics. We were extremely hungry after our several hour pit stop at the rest stop, so we ate at a Waffle House somewhere in Georgia. A Waffle House stop is always a must on our way down to Florida since it is one of my favorite:

Mmmmm Waffle House Food

My mom obviously enjoyed her meal, haha

We arrived in Sarasota about 9 at night and stayed at the Myakka State Park for the night. Our campground was booked for the Saturday night, so staying at Myakka was a last minute decision. We then headed over to Fort De Soto Campground, where we stayed until the following Sunday, December 22. That Sunday was crazy! We had to leave the campground and head over to Disney to drop our pets off at Best Friends for the cruise. In addition, Disney was so kind enough to let us park our camper for free in the parking lot at Fort Wilderness until we checked in, which saved us a big chunk of money.

The sign! Jodi and I were kind of bummed that we had to leave Disney, and we weren't even excited to go on the cruise. In all, we had an awesome time on the cruise, and it was extremely relaxing, but we couldn't wait to get back to our animals and spend the rest of our vacation at the happiest place on earth.

Next: Our Disney arrival and my review on Best Friends since it was our first time ever boarding our pets!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
On December 23rd, our cruise ship arrived at Port Canaveral at around 7:30 am. We decided to do self checkout, where you carry out your own luggage. We wanted to get off the ship as soon as possible to get to our "best friends" ASAP! We made great time and arrived in Disney around 9:30. I was extremely excited...

As soon as I saw the welcome I sign again, Jodi and I were singing and screaming, and I decided to yell out the window. I was definitely letting out my inner child, which is what Disney is all about! Jodi happened to take this picture of me:

IMG_5106.jpg

We decided to check into Fort Wilderness first since our reservations were a tad messy. We made about 8 reservations for one vacation since the campground was booked solid. We knew it would take a little while to get things sorted out during check-in. Check-in wasn't too bad, and we were able to combine the reservations, but there was a bit of a catch. For the last serval days of our stay, my dad had to check us back in everyday where we would receive new key cards and magic bands due to the different reservations. To us, this seemed really odd, but we were told that a lot of people had to do this because of the whole magic band system and whatnot.

After we checked in, we picked up our cat and dog. Best Friends Pet Care "resort" had images of the animals up on their large TV screen, where it seemed as though the two really enjoyed their stay. I was shocked! When I went to pick up my cat in Kitty City, she was so relaxed, which is odd because she is not sociable. Also, my dog was so happy to see us. The only "bad" thing I have to say about our best friends experience is that our dog's voice was a bit horse after his stay, but I do not blame Best Friends, since my dog is always barking, and I'm sure the other dogs instigated him to bark more.

Here are their Best Friends photos!
Chance_Diaz_20131221.JPG

Princess_Diaz_20131221.JPG

Overall, we were extremely satisfied with Best Friends Pet Care, and we would board our pets there again.

After we picked our pets up, we picked up our camper at FW's parking lot and parked our rig. As soon as we got to our campsite, Jodi and I unpacked and decorated the camper. My mom has had a history of back issues and from our long road trip, her back was acting up. So, Jodi and I helped her out by setting everything up. I managed to take some photos of our home away from home!

DSC_0562.JPG

DSC_0563.JPG

DSC_0563.JPG

DSC_0570.JPG

DSC_0575.JPG

DSC_0576.JPG

Our dog, Chance :)

DSC_0583.JPG

After we were all set up, Jodi insisted on going "hotel hopping." This, for us, means to visit all of the hotels on the monorail. Jodi was actually keen on going to the Grand Floridian to get a shingle because she thought they would be sold out if we waited any longer. The last time she waited, they had sold out. I have no idea why I didn't take any pictures of us visiting the resort, but I'm pretty sure it was because I was so exhausted! I can assure you that I have picture of everything else. I mean, I did take a little over 1,800 pictures from this vacation! Haha, anyway, we went to bed pretty early because we had a busy day ahead of us.

Next up: Christmas eve, Epcot, and reservations at the Biergarten

Attachments

• DSC_0564.jpg
    DSC_0564.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 45

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Day 2, Dec. 24th: Epcot on Christmas Eve and Lunch at the Biergarten

Since I am stuck in an insane winter storm, I will update my trip report!

On Christmas Eve, we woke up pretty late. We ended up doing a lot of sleeping in actually. In addition, we often found ourselves taking a while to get ready before hitting the parks due to a number of reasons, such as having to walk the dog and such. While Jodi, my mom, and I would get ready, my dad would walk the dog and take him to FW's dog park, which Chance, our dog, absolutely loves. I think he went to the dog park just about everyday.

We ended up arriving at Epcot around 11:30, which to us is pretty late! This happened a lot, though. There was a tad of a "catch" in our original plans, though. My mom had originally made our reservations for the Biergarten at 7:30, but she thought she had changed them to noon while we were at home because my dad refuses to dine at the Biergarten for dinner since the price is cheaper and the same food is served. Well, after checking our reservations the day before, we found out that my mom accidentally forgot to change them to lunch reservations due to the hecticness of everyone being sick. This is where the funny story comes in... My mom is all about thinking positive and positive energy, so she was just sure she would be able to easily change the reservations once we got to the Beirgarten. I, on the other hand, know how booked restaurants are on Christmas eve, so I was a tad weary. Just to have a better chance, we headed straight to the Beirgarten in attempt to change our reservation.

DSC_0066.JPG

Epcot is my dad's favorite park.
DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

I quickly took these pictures because we were in a hurry due to the reservation situation. We ended up catching the boat right before it left to take us to World Showcase. We got extremely lucky! Speaking of lucky, the weather was beautiful. I even regretted wearing a sweatshirt because the sun was so hot, but it did cool off a bit later in the day.

Haha, I have no idea why was making a peace sign.
DSC_0086.JPG

Germany!
DSC_0093.JPG

Okay, so I had no idea that the boat takes you directly to the Germany pavilion. This made things very convenient for us! My mom and Jodi headed straight to the restaurant, and my dad and I went to the shop with the cuckoo clocks. We're not fans of "confrontation," so we just have my mom take care of things, haha.

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0097.jpg

As my dad and I were looking around, all of the sudden Jodi popped up standing next to me looking at the clocks. She told me that things were getting awkward over at the Biergarten because my mom had asked to talk to the manager since the cast member told her nothing could be done about our reservation. Lol, I don't blame her!

... Too many photos; I will continue in the next post!

Last edited:

Disneygal1

Original Poster
DSC_0099.JPG

Sooooo many cuckoo clocks. They are so tempting. I collect beer steins and cuckoo clocks, so I always love checking out the shops at the Germany pavilion. As we were looking around, my mom had showed up, and she had that whole "Omg, guess what? I'm so awesome" attitude. Well, her positive thinking worked because the Biergarten manager was so kind to change our reservations, and we got a beeper right away. Many props to him! We only waited because the Biergarten opens at noon. My dad was extremely happy. I guess it was a Christmas miracle!

As we waited, we looked around in the shops more...

I loveeeed this beer stein! If anyone is wondering, I was attempting to make a Grumpy face!
DSC_0104.jpg

My mom thought this hat was suiting for my dad, haha.
DSC_0107.jpg

Soooo pretty
DSC_0114.jpg

Before we knew it, our beeper went off and we were greeted with this beautiful sight:
DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

The Biergarten restaurant is beautiful and has a great atmosphere. Going to the Biergarten on Christmas eve is a tradition for us, so this restaurant is one of our favorites. The food was great! I always see mixed reviews on this restaurant but personally, it never disappoints. I will post pictures of the food, but buffet plate pictures never show up that good...

DSC_0126.JPG

I highly recommend trying their mac n' cheese. It was awesome!! Jodi and my dad were raving about it, as well. I don't recall having it before, so I'm assuming it's fairly new.
DSC_0129.JPG

The dessert: Pudding, cheesecake, black forest cake, apple strudel, and I have no idea what that bread thing is.
DSC_0131.JPG

We saw that the show started at 1, so we tried to eat slow. This ended up not being an issue because we were seated with two nice couples, and we ended up leaving the restaurant at 3! I don't think we have ever stayed there that long, but we had lots of fun watching the show and making friends.

DSC_0132.JPG

To be continued...

LeCellier.Lover

AH JESS! Can I just tell you how excited I am that you're doing a TR?! I was actually going to ask you in my TR if you were doing one haha! I love the pictures of your animals at Best Friends, so cute! And I must say I cracked up when you said Jodi came back to you in the gift shop and said things were getting "Awkward" with your mom at Biergarten, somehow I just pictured that in my head and laughed out loud :p YAY for Disney Christmas magic! Food looks delicious, glad you guys thoroughly enjoyed yourselves! Cannot wait to read more :) This is definitely going to get me through the winter blues of having to go back to school haha!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
AH JESS! Can I just tell you how excited I am that you're doing a TR?! I was actually going to ask you in my TR if you were doing one haha! I love the pictures of your animals at Best Friends, so cute! And I must say I cracked up when you said Jodi came back to you in the gift shop and said things were getting "Awkward" with your mom at Biergarten, somehow I just pictured that in my head and laughed out loud :p YAY for Disney Christmas magic! Food looks delicious, glad you guys thoroughly enjoyed yourselves! Cannot wait to read more :) This is definitely going to get me through the winter blues of having to go back to school haha!

Great minds think alike! I'm so happy I found yours, too! I can't help but doing these things. They ease off the Disney blues a little bit. And that whole awkward situation was hilarious! If Jodi Walked away, things must have gotten really awkward. Thanks for reading! I'll be keeping up on your TR, too. :)

jhoff3405

Wow, had a memory jog that you went to high school with my oldest son. Can't believe how time has flown by as you guys are now almost done with college!

Love, love Fort Wilderness. Our last time there with the trailer was Summer 2010. Probably won't see FW again until we are retired with a shiny new motor home! I have managed to get back to WDW 5 or 6 times since the 2010 trip, but have stayed in a Disney hotel as they have been short weekend trips. There is something so special about staying at FW. Post as many pics of FW as you have!

Looking forward to more!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Wow, had a memory jog that you went to high school with my oldest son. Can't believe how time has flown by as you guys are now almost done with college!

Love, love Fort Wilderness. Our last time there with the trailer was Summer 2010. Probably won't see FW again until we are retired with a shiny new motor home! I have managed to get back to WDW 5 or 6 times since the 2010 trip, but have stayed in a Disney hotel as they have been short weekend trips. There is something so special about staying at FW. Post as many pics of FW as you have!

Looking forward to more!

It is crazy how fast time has gone by! I can't believe I'll be graduating in a little over a year.

Fort Wilderness is definitely our favorite! You sound like my mom. She wants a new RV since pulling a camper has become such a hassle. I don't blame her, though. It really is a lot of work. It's nice to hear you still visited Disney, though. Little trips are better than nothing! I took a lot of photos throughout this trip, so I will be sure to post them!

Trying Biergarten for this first time my next trip!! So happy you enjoy it there! It's making me so excited :)

Biergarten is definitely on my top list for WDW restaurants. I think you will really like it!

Sandurz

Gahhh you've made me regret skipping out on Biergarten on my last trip and breaking my streak of going every time...a German buffet, a polka band, classic Disney outside-inside ambience. What's not to like? I'm quite jealous of your yearly tradition.

Looking forward to the rest!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
After being at the Biergarten for two hours, we had to rush over to Spaceship Earth because our FastPass+ "reservations" were going to run out. This vacation was my first time using My Magic Experience. I had no idea what I was doing at first, but I ended up loving it! It made the entire FastPass experience much more enjoyable in my opinion. At first, I was entirely against. I'm not always up for learning new things, and I just wanted to do things the "old fashioned" way, which is why we had gray magic bands. I didn't even think we were going to get magic bands at all. Otherwise, I would have made color choices. Ah, next time!

Back to Spaceship Earth, we rushed over to the ride just in time for our FastPass+ reservation. Right when we got to the line, low and behold the ride had just shutdown due to technical difficulties. Spaceship Earth had a lot of issues during our stay. We headed to Project Tomorrow, the area that you enter after getting off Spaceship Earth, to figure out what we would do next. As we were making a game plan, my dad got tempted and sat on those comfy bench things because he was tempted to take a nap after our big meal. Oh, no!! We made him get up, and headed back to the World Showcase to explore the countries.

DSC_0176.JPG

DSC_0183.JPG

Before we got back to the World Showcase, we made a stop a Club Cool since it is one of our favorite things to do at Epcot. I recall reading that Club Cool changed up their flavors, so I was excited to see what was new. I was also very happy to see that they kept my favorite flavor, Beverly. ;)

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0191.JPG

DSC_0193.JPG
DSC_0200.JPG

Jodi insisted on taking a sombrero picture.
DSC_0207.jpg

So serious playing the drums! Maybe he did need a nap...:rolleyes:

DSC_0208.JPG

We then headed over to the Norway pavilion where we checked out the new exhibit of frozen at the church? Or, at least, I think it's an ancient church thing.
DSC_0210.JPG

DSC_0213.JPG

I thought it was really neat to see how "old" Norway influenced Frozen. This exhibit made want to the film, in addition to all of the positive reviewsI have read about it.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Gahhh you've made me regret skipping out on Biergarten on my last trip and breaking my streak of going every time...a German buffet, a polka band, classic Disney outside-inside ambience. What's not to like? I'm quite jealous of your yearly tradition.

Looking forward to the rest!

Exactly! I have skipped it a few times on certain trips and whenever I do, I always regret it. It's just an overall great restaurant!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
I got the whole Norway "bug" after viewing the exhibit and ended up having the desire to go on the Maelstrom. After all, we had extra fastpasses from Spaceship Earth being closed down. My mom and Jodi didn't want to go on it, though, so my dad and I went together. I believe its wait was somewhere over an hour and as we were entering the queue, a lady who had just gotten off the ride warned my dad it wasn't worth to wait in line for. LOL, this was definitely not our "first rodeo," but thanks for the tip! I love the Maelstrom and its cheesiness, but I would never wait an hour for it, hence the reason why we would our fastpasses.

I just had to take a picture of the hidden Mickey ears.
DSC_0215.JPG

After the Maelstrom, my dad and I met up with my mom and Jodi over at China.

DSC_0218.JPG

DSC_0222.JPG

Someone was getting tired... Perhaps, from the large meal? Or maybe the fact that we had just gotten off of a cruise the day before?
DSC_0224.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0229.JPG

As we were passing up Germany, we stopped over by the miniature town because I absolutely love it. I adore things in miniature form, especially tiny house and Christmas decorations. Well, to my dismay, the miniature town was in terrible condition. I was shocked! I mean, it looked as though the town had been bombed, haha. It was dirty, the trains were derailed, the decorations were broken, people had thrown coins at it, etc. It was a mess and extremely disappointing. I took a quick picture of it, but I really didn't want to take one because I found it to be so upsetting. I hope this was a fluke, and that the town will be refurbished to its proper form. I mean, personally, I would have rather seen it blocked off and being refurbished than seeing it neglected like that.

DSC_0236.JPG

DSC_0237.JPG

We continued our trek as we were back on our way to Test Track since we had fastpass reservations.

We also stopped in one of our favorite stores, the Mitsukoshi shop. It was INSANE. By insane, I mean crowded. You could barely even walk. I ended up doing some last minute Christmas shopping, and I bought Jodi two Japanese bowls that she wanted.

The crowds...

DSC_0245.JPG

IMG_5135.jpg

Disneygal1

Original Poster
DSC_0251.JPG

DSC_0252.jpg

Jodi, my dad, and I went on Test Track, but my mom didn't because her back had been extremely sensitive during our vacation, but she went through the queue with us to check out the new features of Test Track.

I love test track, and I thought the update was neat, but I really can't say I would prefer it over the original. To me, it just doesn't seem authentic as far as testing vehicles in real life, but I can see kids loving the interactive aspect. My dad was not a fan of the update since he is a Disney veteran, which is totally understandable. Jodi basically felt the same as I did about it, indifferent.

Of course I had my hand covering my face because my hair was going all over the place:rolleyes:

DSC_0255.JPG

While we were on Test Track, my mom spent time at her all time favorite store, Mouse Gears. I met up with her there because Jodi and my dad headed over to Mission Space, which is a ride that I refuse to go on! Jodi and my dad said that there were a ton of medical warnings before it, and it was never like that, which is just one of the many reasons why I refuse to go on it, haha. My dad and Jodi met my mom and I at Mouse Gears, where we then headed over to Spaceship Earth after learning it had reopened through looking at the wait times on My Disney Experience. I really liked the app, but I found it to lag a lot, which led me to use other non-Disney apps.

DSC_0263.JPG

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0273.jpg

Spaceship Earth still had some issues, but we were happy to go on it. I am predicting a refurbishment in the future because there were several parts of the ride where it would go extremely slow, and I thought it would shut down on us. This didn't keep me from enjoying one of my favorite rides, though! We also were dying at the end because the Build Your Future thing had taken a picture of my mom's chest, so her head was her chest. It was hilarious.

After the ride, my parents were exhausted. I don't blame them, I was too! I mean, we had just gotten off of a cruise the day before. So, we decided to leave before Illuminations. I didn't find this to be that big of a deal since I have seen Illuminations so many times.

On our way out, I decided to take some pictures, and then had a cast member take a family photo.

DSC_0275.JPG

I think it turned out great!
DSC_0278.jpg

After we got back to the campsite, Jodi and I decided that we weren't ready to turn in, so we did our favorite thing... HOTEL HOPPING! Ahh, I never get sick of doing this. We hopped on a boat to the Contemporary and explored. I was craving some soft-served ice cream, so I got some at the Contempoary's quick service restaurant. As we were walking around, we noticed that Santa made a pit stop at the Contemporary and was taking pictures. For some reason, Jodi just had to take a picture with Santa and well, what the heck, it's Disney, so I agreed, and we took one. We got some of the weirdest looks from parents in the line but hey? Haven't you ever seen a 20 something year old take a picture with Santa before?

IMG_5138.jpg

After our photo shoot we stopped at all of the monorail resorts and picked up a burger for my dad at the Polynesian, which he claimed was very good. This caused our exploration to be cut short, though, because the burger's grease was dripping through the bag.

While we found out the burger was dripping, we were at the Grand Floridian listening to the band playing Christmas music. It really put me in the Christmas mood, and it is for sure a memory that I won't forget! I love the little things, and I had a blast just hanging out with Jodi and listening to live Christmas music at the Grand.
IMG_5141.jpg

After Jodi realized she reeked of burger grease, we decided it was time to go home. Hotel hopping was a perfect end to our Christmas eve.

Next up: Christmas day! A visit from our grandparents and dinner reservations at Trail's End

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Day 3: A Relaxing Christmas and Dinner at Trails End

We had some subtle plans for Christmas, which was great for us since we had been "go, go, go" for almost two weeks straight. Our grandparents, who have a vacation home in the Sarasota area, we're invited to have Christmas with us, and they of course agreed. Whenever we spend Christmas at Disney, they love to visit us and see the campground and such.

Since we had done so much as far as going on a cruise and whatnot in addition to just arriving to Disney two days prior, my mom was not ready to cook a homemade meal. We barely had any food in the camper, and we didn't have time to go to the grocery store. Then, I remembered that I saw that Disney posted something about have classic holiday meals at select restaurants, one of which happens to be one of our favorite restaurants, Trails End, here at FW! I had no idea what they meant by this, but I was assuming the meal might be different or something along those lines of a classic holiday meal.

The day we arrived at Disney, my mom called the WDW Dining, and she was told that it was booked. Well, with my mom's positive thinking and all, she went to Trails End and somehow landed reservations on Christmas at 5:30! She is just so lucky.

Anyway, back to Christmas!

Jodi is always the one to get up the earliest, and she was of course begging me to get up. I was soooo tired, and I wanted to sleep more, but we all were up once there was a knock at our door and this arrived...

DSC_0283.jpg

We were so confused. Like, who was so kind to send us this cute stocking?! Well, Jodi looked at the tag and it said campsite #357. We were staying at campsite #352. I have no idea how someone could mistake those numbers but okay... All I heard in the background was my dad saying, "It's free! Keep it!!!" Sooooo typical. We, of course, did not keep it, and Jodi ran over to the campsite and dropped it off at their steps since no one answered.

After the commotion we decided to open our presents.
DSC_0284.jpg

DSC_0286.JPG

As you can see, I was still very tired!
DSC_0287.jpg

We opened presents, and our cat, princess, got a hilarious sweater. I just had to take a picture.
DSC_0292.JPG

After opening presents, we blasted Christmas music and cleaned up to get ready for my grandparents arrival, which was to be at 2:00.

My dad decided he wanted to take my grandparents.........HOTEL HOPPING! Haha, we would be doing this a lot on this vacation. My grandparents are really the ones that started it all. My grandpa took my dad and his siblings back in 71', where they stayed at the Contemporary and well, the rest is history. My dad is now a Disney fanatic because of him or as he says, he's the "Disney Magic Man." Haha, don't ask. I have no idea where he came up with that title. My dad also wanted to show my grandparents how much everything has changed throughout the years. I think the last time they went there was at least back in the 90's, so a lot has changed.

As we headed over to FW's dock to catch a boat, I saw this crazy-decorated golf cart. FW had just held a golf cart parade the day before, which is a contest for the best decorated golf cart. I wonder what this one placed... My mom loves deer, so she was not having it, haha.
DSC_0293.JPG

As we were on the boat, I decided to take a picture of my key card. As you can see, the date only runs up to the 27th, which is a piece of evidence to us having to check in quite often.
DSC_0296.JPG

Our first stop was the Contemporary.
DSC_0300.JPG

My Grandma telling stories about how things at Disney were back in the day.
DSC_0305.JPG

I also saw that there was a cast member gingerbread contest. The Epcot one definitely trumps the other one, which you can hardly see.
DSC_0301.JPG

Last edited:

Disneygal1

Original Poster
I am never able to take a good shot of the fountain, but I just heard that it will be taken down soon, so I thought it was necessary to post this.
DSC_0308.JPG

We hung out at the Polynesian for a bit by checking out the shops and the Wyland gallery, which is now closed. My mom is a huge fan of Wyland, but I'm happy to hear that the gallery at the Boarwalk is still open.

We hopped back on the monorail and headed over to one of my favorite resorts, the Grand Floridian.

My mom showed my grandma Basin White as I took these pictures.
DSC_0316.JPG

DSC_0319.JPG

DSC_0326.JPG

DSC_0328.JPG

My grandparents were in awe of the gingerbread house, so we headed downstairs to take a closer look.

I also had someone take a picture of our entire gang!
DSC_0336.JPG

After exploring the Grand Floridian, we headed back to the monorail to go back over to the Contemporary to catch a boat since it was getting close to our dinner reservation time.

I looove passing MK from the monorail.
DSC_0339.JPG

Ooo, and this is one of my favorite decorations.
DSC_0341.JPG

We got into Trails End right when we checked in, and we had a great time. The food was great, but I didn't notice any "special" holiday meals. It seemed like a normal Trails End meal to me, so I have no idea what the Disney advertisement was about.

DSC_0343.JPG

Mmmmm, Trails End food.
DSC_0345.JPG

I enjoyed hearing my grandparents talk about only paying $35 for a room at the Contemporary and other old time stories. Their stories are so intriguing!

Overall, we loved Trails End, as usual. My grandpa was so full and over ate, which he never does, so it must have been good! It was a great way to end our Christmas. After dinner, my grandparents came back to our camper, where they hung out for a little while and then they left. It was a great way to relax and spend our Christmas.

Up next: Another chill day and shopping at Downtown Disney!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Your dog is so cute! love the pictures!

Thank you, he's quite the ladies man!

I love the spaceship earth gingerbread house. Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas day.

I know, right?! I'm almost tempted to recreate it... It definitely was a great day, which goes to show you that going to the parks isn't always needed at the world.

Awesome report keep it up

Thanks, such kind words! I'm currently working on the next installment, so stay tuned!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom