The Tree of Life Awakens

Kman101

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to have crowds gather elsewhere, though in theory, seeing the *entire* tree lit up would be impressive. That it doesn't in no way should take away from how impressive it seems to be.

TTA94

I know the shows are supposed to be random throughout the night, but hopefully a unofficial schedule can be made after a few days? I'm assuming the shows will be on the same schedule night to night rather than changing each night?

Cletus

I like that more than AWM. If I'm being honest, I just think people are getting numb to the 3D mapping projections. The first time I saw it on the castle I was blown away. That was a while ago. It's Disney's version of Universal's "screenz". I know this looks better in person and would hope to see it a few years down the road.

Magic Feather

Caught this last night and have to say it was great, but they need to get crowds under control, crossing from Island Mercantile to Discovery Trading was a mess. The other thing is, as little as they advertise it, it needs to be advertised less. The crowding, and amount of people that seemed disappointed by the lack of a full scale show was a bit off-putting. However, the shows themselves are fantastic.

FigmentJedi

I like that more than AWM. If I'm being honest, I just think people are getting numb to the 3D mapping projections. The first time I saw it on the castle I was blown away. That was a while ago. It's Disney's version of Universal's "screenz". I know this looks better in person and would hope to see it a few years down the road.
I feel like this works better then most other projection mapping shows. The thing with projecting on castles and architecture is that there's so many hard edges and architectural features that break up the picture and look awkward. The Tree of Life's darker color and organic shapes don't break up the imagery as hard.

brb1006

I feel like this works better then most other projection mapping shows. The thing with projecting on castles and architecture is that there's so many hard edges and architectural features that break up the picture and look awkward. The Tree of Life's darker color and organic shapes don't break up the imagery as hard.
I really loved how well the projections on the animal carvings looked. The animal carvings appear to be waking up and move for a few moments then go back to sleep. I can't find the video, but I was of how well the animation on the Tree of Like worked. I might have seen the video somewhere on youtube.

No Name

What is the music in the deer and eagle one? I absolutely love it, I think it's really beautiful. Is it newly composed, or is it from some Disney movie or other place?

I really loved how well the projections on the animal carvings looked. The animal carvings appear to be waking up and move for a few moments then go back to sleep. I can't find the video, but I was of how well the animation on the Tree of Like worked. I might have seen the video somewhere on youtube.

The video is posted in post #86 of this thread.

I agree that these few quick movements are really neat. I honestly don't see a single thing that I'd change about the awakenings in general.

Perhaps the message needs to be more clear that these are spontaneous and random (and semi-frequent) "awakenings" rather than a major show. That's the absolute only way I could see any disappointment from this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom