Pre-Trip The Treat Yo Self Christmas pre-trip report.

Whelp, we’re right at 30 days out from our next adventure so it seems fitting to get this PTR underway! You may remember us from such trip reports as Not even first world problems can hold us back, The not as bad as the Griswalds report as we go....Now with Wild Africa Trek pics!, Anything can happen on Castaway Creek, and The “who told him about the panoramic setting on his phone?” Surf n’ Turf Anniversary trip. For those of you unfamiliar with our funtivites, the band of merry players in this story include:

DD- Sophie
20150504_082633.jpg

DW- Laura
cbad93fd838d7ce61b468593db0d7bb9.jpg

ME- Sean
wd019wdw201336032459990.jpeg

We are excited to get back to the World for Christmas as we took off last year to save for a DVC purchase, but it was well worth missing. The purchase included a sizable amount of banked points which is partly why this trip makes #4 for us this calendar year! Despite the large crowds, Christmas week may be our favorite time of year to go, we just really enjoy all the decorations and the feeling you get walking the parks and resorts during the season. We’ve been the four previous Christmas weeks so last year took a bit of adjusting but it showed us one thing, we love our Disney Christmases! So the plan was to head down on Sunday the 20th and come home on the 27th but then the “Disney Vacation Creep” set in…. Sure enough, we found ourselves with some banked points that had to be used by march so why not use them for this trip! Sigh…I’m such a sucker… So we stalked the DVC member site for a few weeks waiting for something to pop up when it happened, BCV 2-bedroom! So what did we say?
tumblr_niwf9lBNff1qjshvjo1_400.gif

Booked! So now Disney Vacation Creep has extended our stay by one day so surely our dates were set….right?
uc32i.jpg

Whelp, then I realize that I NEED to see Star Wars before we leave just in case Abrams blows our minds with some huge plot twist. I mean, I can’t learn about it second hand while on vacation and good luck not hearing people talking about it while in the Star Tours queue, am I right? Sooo that leads to my genius idea of leaving a day earlier, driving down half way and seeing the movie along the way. It makes sense right? See Star Wars AND knock out half of our travel!! So, we are now at the these dates and as of right now are pretty firm, 12/18-12/27.

The plan is to crash in Tifton for the night and make the shorter four trip to BCV on Saturday morning. After a night there we will jump to SSR for a few days then AKL for a few days! The timing of our DVC contract worked in such a way that it was difficult to get a full week so we will split it.

So that gives us the who, where, and the when; really the why goes without saying. I’ll cover the what soon which includes a couple firsts for us! To tide you over until then here is something to get you in the mood, Murphys style (yes its safe for work):

FYI: I know, I know, its not even Thanksgiving yet and I normally wouldn’t play this song before then but, hey, this is a Christmas PTR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom