The tower is still white!

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
Does anyone know how long it takes to prime something? I believe it's been almost a month since somebody posted that it was white, and when I drove by it a week ago, sure enough it was still white. Its making me think maybe that's now the permanent color. But then again I dont know much about painting so does anyone know what's going on? IMHO it looks ugly. It was a lot better when it was blue.

WDWspider

Originally posted by wanabeimagineer
Does anyone know how long it takes to prime something? I believe it's been almost a month since somebody posted that it was white, and when I drove by it a week ago, sure enough it was still white. Its making me think maybe that's now the permanent color. But then again I dont know much about painting so does anyone know what's going on? IMHO it looks ugly. It was a lot better when it was blue.

Well, you can't even ride the tower right now, that entire area is being redone, so I would think they may wait until there are some buildings and fences and things before they begin painting all the stuff. There isn't even a loading area at the tower ride now, the cab just sits about 20 feet above water atm. :lol: I don't think they will leave it White, let's just give them more time. Two weeks ago all that was around that area was construction mud, that may have something to do with it also, mud, wood dust, and concrete may be reasons to hold off til things are less likely to take away from final paint coats. I am guessing based on what I've seen , that's all.

TURKEY

My guess is that there are mulitple (3+) layers of primer. I'm not a painter or anything, but I would think that something outside exposed to the type of elements it is (rain, heat), that it would take multiple primers and multiple coats of paint just for the sake of not having to constantly go and repaint due to wear from elements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom