The Top 5 Things I Miss Most about Disneyworld

R. Mexico

I am kind of glad that I did not go to WDW until i was about 32 years old. It seems that people who are veterans to WDW seem to be down on a lot of things that are different like FP+ and what not. I did go a couple time prior to the magicbands but I really like everything. I just think the parks are sooo much busier than in years past. I never thought I would love Disney as much as I have. I guess having a family with two young boys really change one's perspective on things:)

danpam1024

I am kind of glad that I did not go to WDW until i was about 32 years old. It seems that people who are veterans to WDW seem to be down on a lot of things that are different like FP+ and what not. I did go a couple time prior to the magicbands but I really like everything. I just think the parks are sooo much busier than in years past. I never thought I would love Disney as much as I have. I guess having a family with two young boys really change one's perspective on things:)
You are the new target customer :D If you don't know what you're missing, how cheapened the experience has become, you won't expect anything more than what it has become. Most of us "veterans" are just sad about the greed- it's pretty much all a numbers game now, and not a "World class one-of-a-kind family vacation":(

tcool

1. The actual cinema in the Main Street Cinema
  2. And that's it...I'm too young to remember/see almost any of the good things, but based on YouTube videos then I would throw in Kitchen Cabaret and the original Imagination ride.

scoobygirl39541

1. The old Test Track when it actually had a storyline and purpose not just pretty colors and lights.
2. 3 hour EMH
3. Old SE narration and ending
4. Lower crowds during "non-peak" seasons
5. Le Cellier being only 1 TS credit.

I did have to think pretty hard to come up with 5. Overall Disney still has MANY of the magical qualities I hold dear to my heart. Plus, I love the new FP+ system though. Was never able to get one for Sorin or TSMM before it.

EnergyKing

1) Main Street as it once was before the merchandise took over
2) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
3) Tomorrowland's old monochromatic look
4) Horizons
5) Original UoE

Missymoe4

e-rides nights?

E-Ride nights were the best! Those memories will forever live on....

I do miss the little alcoves on Main Street (I'm so happy Mom made my family take pictures along Main Street, such as at the flower shop).

I miss the Contemporary wing rooms were BLT currently sits. With that I also miss the "Food and Fun Center" that was in the Contemporary. Oh, and the "Fantasia" gift shop that had a massive, circular stuffed-animal console. They had fiberoptic wallhangings...it was a neat resort shop (especially for a young girl....). Speaking of merchandise, I do miss some of the original and unique souvenirs.

I miss World of Motion, the old Figment, Snow White's Scary Adventure, Delta Dreamflight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Spectromagic...and some other portions of the Magic Kingdom (although I do embrace a lot of the new).

Although the new fastpass+ system is neat and saves some walking, I do think that the old system of being able to ride the same ride multiple times a day via fastpass was better. Now that I'm an adult, I'm grateful that I had that experience as a child. I can go to the MK and ride Space once, maybe twice in a day and be happy. As a kid I wanted to ride and ride again and again. I was able to do that (in fact, one year I rode ToT 13 times within 2.5 hours due to a mixture of fastpasses and stand-by. Granted, it was an emh morning during August, so that greatly helped). Anyhow, the new fastpass+ system has allowed me to relax a bit, and even though I am somewhat controlled by time, I do feel that I can take Disney a bit more relaxed.

I wish I would have visited River Country and Discovery Island. My mother tried so many times to persuade us to go...alas, now as I pass by I behold a nostalgia of regret. I really wish they would do something with both of these areas...

Chef Mickey

I see a lot of Skyway here.

Although I kind of liked the experience, it did look a little outdated and ugly to have that hanging over Fantasyland. I may be in the minority, but I think it looks a lot better now and the liability is gone.

Last edited:

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I see a lot of Skyway here.

Although I kind of liked the experience, it did look a little outdated and ugly to have that hanging over Fantasyland. I may be in the minority, but I think it looks a lot better now and the liability.

Eh. Just because we miss it does not mean it would fit in the MK of today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom