The Top 5 Things I Miss Most about Disneyworld

MIKETFROMRI

Original Poster
Been coming to Disneyworld now going on 30 years . Still absolutely LOVE it, BUT there are things I really do miss from yesteryear.........

Really miss quaint, River Country. If they were to bring it back just as was tomorrow I believe people would love more than either Blizzard or Typhhon...IMHO

Miss The Odysee Restaurant in Epcot. That used to be our destination of choice for lunch ...food was good and the little live stage show along with your lunch was so entertaining.

Miss the Fireworks at "MGM"....really nice wy to end night there and remember being able to see them from The Carribean when there.

Miss the Original " Imagination" attraction in Epcot...that was pure Disney...today's seems like watered down version.

Lastly, I miss The Tarzan Show at AK...Loved the music, Loved the show!

rob0519

I miss the Main Street of say 20 years ago. Where there were small alcoves where you could buy fresh fruit, flowers or a beverage, before the Emporium became one long uninterrupted mall.

I miss the selection at the Main Street Bakery that has been replace by maybe a half dozen or so choices.

Other things I miss have to do with the quality and selection of souvenirs in general, so no sense saying more than that.

Overall, in the twenty plus years we've been going to the world most of our favorite things are still there and keep us coming back whenever possible.

LaughingGravy

-Carousel of Progress with the old narration. I'm a huge Jean Shepherd fan, but the performance is muddy sounding and lacking compared to any of the previous incarnations.
-Fastpasses where you could ride a favorite ride 4 or 5 times in a day and folks walking through the gate without buying a ticket multiple weeks in advance and reserving had a shot at fastpasses for anything popular.
-Spontaneity while on vacation for a sit down table service meal.
-I will soon find out and report back, but cleanliness...the last time we went in 2009, we were disappointed compared to previous years.
-Magic shop with fake rocks, pranks, and glow in the dark skulls....something fun!

OK, 6....Caribbean Plaza without the jamming in of the carpet spinner/spitting camel. It just doesn't work and shows no forethought.

OK, 7...clean Tomorrowland with the big light blue tower fountains.

But, I am pleased with a non- under new management Tiki Room and the continuation of CoP.
I also like the Jack Sparrow additions to PotC, as well as a dedicated HM shop.

BigRedDad

e-rides nights?
E-ride nights were the original EMH. It was at the MK only. If I recall correctly, it was a $10 pass. Some of the stores remained open, many character M&G's, and the big 6 rides were open for an extra 3 hours after park closing. It was Splash Mtn, Thunder Mtn, PotC, Space Mtn, Haunted Mansion, and another. There may have been a couple others. It was a very limited number of tickets available for E-ride nights (1,000?). You could literally walk on to the big rides with no wait. That left the day to focus on all of the other attractions or spend time at the resort for other fun

DRC68

I miss Resort specific mercy (I'm still a tad bitter about no FW sticker for my camper... 5 years ago!)

I miss the days when EVERY ride didn't have to have a movie tie-in (ex. Maelstrom, Alien Encounter.

surfsupdon

The Main Street Flower Market. Easily. A pleasant area to sit, relax, and enjoy the hundreds of flowers, both real and artificial.

And I really miss life before MagicBands and reserving. My last trip was messed up because I didn't have enough clean clothes because I forgot to reserve a Resort washer prior to arrival.

216bruce

1) The Hunchback of Notre Dame show at the Studios. All-time favorite WDW stage show
2) World of Motion- designed by Ward Kimball. It was a lot of fun, but I do enjoy MS a lot.
3) Original Journey into Imagination. No comparison
4) The British Invasion at WS. The new band is OK, but I preferred the last one.
5) The Animation Studios tour when the company actually made animated films there.

sheriffwoody

My first time at WDW was my honeymoon less than 3 years ago, but I grew up going to Disneyland. I miss just going to the park and not planning anything. We just went and spent the whole day doing whatever we felt like doing. My husband and I have done that to an extent during our three WDW visits, but we have to plan a good chunk of our activities.

I still love it. We can't go more than a couple of months without starting to talk about when we're going back. :)

bebert

I am only an 11 year veteran of WDW so my list will not be as long as those who have been lucky enough to be going for decades.
Maelstrom
Believe it or not paper fast passes
Older Playhouse Disney characters (Jo-Jo circus, Goliath)

danpam1024

PI- I'm glad I got to party there, such fantastic memories <3
Disney Village- not the overly commercialized mess it is today
Stellar guest service (especially at the prices today) and making sure you wanted to return year after year.
Culinary diversity. Thanks to the DDP, everything (except for a few restaurants) taste like the same bland crap on a different plate.
WDW BEFORE DVC- it cheapens the property and lead to the downward spiral of service today(IMO of course).
a time before FP+. This is probably the #1 reason we don't want to go back. I refuse to plan every single detail of my vacation. I don't want to be stressed out when I'm there, that's what I'm trying to get away from!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom