Pre-Trip The Tale of Two Trips

Well, I was going to wait at least a day to start this, but since some of you have been asking I have decided to start my PTR for my next trip(s) :)
As you can tell by the title I have 2 trips in my future, so I am going to semi-combine them in terms of the PTR, but will separate them by plans!

Trip numero 1:
Who?
From left to right my Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and me (Megan)
IMG_2946.JPG

When?

Saturday March 11 - Saturday March 18

Where?
I am happy to report we will be staying at the Polynesian! We stayed there briefly on our last trip, but did not get to spend a lot of time there so we are happy to be spending the entire week there! I was happy to get the AP discount again for this, but also it was made more affordable as you will find out in my next section
IMG_2376.JPG

Why?
For three years I have known I will be taking this trip because for three years I have known the practical part of my boards are in Kissimmee! How lucky is that! All of my fellow residents say it was destiny :) This is the reason the Poly is more affordable because I will get some of my trip paid for by the residency program (flights, part of a hotel, etc). I mean, should I be excited about taking my boards? No....but I am excited to go to Disney :) Originally I was going alone, but then we got the APs and I asked my Mom to come with me so that I could have someone help me study and so that I would not be stuck having to stay with someone else. Then, we asked Jill and she wanted to come as well ! My Dad kindly declined :) He likes Disney, but in small doses!

Trip numero 2
Who?
Back to the usual crew of my Mom and I
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7850793504.jpeg

When?
Saturday April 1 - Saturday April 8

Where?
The Wilderness Lodge :) When I originally booked this trip I booked POFQ, but WL was actually the same price, so why not!
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1943.jpg

Why?
Well, I actually take my written boards on April 1 and thats also the start of my last vacation of residency. I am going to Punta Cana with my friends the second week of my vacation, but had nothing to do with my first. I was sitting on a plethora of Southwest points so knew I could get a free flight for my Mom and I so we started looking at all sorts of options. At first we thought...Disneyland or a Disney Cruise! But, then we kept coming back to the fact that we still have our APs and we could have one last AP trip so Disney World it is! Plus, the trip in March will be a little disjointed due to my boards so this will be a good one! We leave Saturday night since I take my boards that day and its an 8 hour exam (although historically it only takes me about 6 to take the exams).

In case anyone is confused by me talking about all these board exams they are because I am a resident in Family Medicine and in order to graduate from residency/be board certified I have 2 more tests to take :)

Next up: first trip plans

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I know I have mentioned this before, but there comes a time before a trip when I start to get a little loopy and wander around random stores in a panic that I am forgetting to pack something :p. This is worse this time than anytime because I have boards stress on top of it :)
So...my Mom and I were wandering through A.C. Moore on Wednesday and I saw St. Patricks Day scrapbook paper and was appalled at myself for not making a mousekeeping envelope that is themed for St. Patricks Day since we will be there then :p So I got some and immediately made an envelope :)
IMG_2843.JPG

Also, off topic but I keep forgetting to post picture of my first Dooney and Bourke :) I got it from my Mom for Christmas
IMG_2676.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Chill out - you will love the theming and the food (and the drinks!!)
(oh and I get the fish head thing - T ordered it once without realizing at a different restaurant - between the eye staring up at you and trying not to eat the little bones the meal was not enjoyable)
Max

Yea I hate fish dead or alive so I will just keep my eyes on my own plate :) I am looking forward to trying some of the drinks!

You're welcome! I am getting so excited...a week from tomorrow we'll be starting our adventure:happy:

OMG! Single digits!!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm so jealous! Two trips in such short succession sounds like a dream :happy:! I can't wait to read all about your trips.

Good luck on your boards!

Thank you so much! I can not believe I am going twice in such a short time frame. I pretty much don't tell anyone because I can imagine I would get the usual response of "you are going AGAIN?!" haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We got Disney mail!
IMG_2877.JPG

I think its funny how the box it comes in is now the only box :) I kind of like how they strayed from the Incredibles theme only because it has been like that for so long!
Anyway, of course I had to try on my MB and.....I don't like it :( I was really trying to go to it with an open mind but it feels bulky and with the huge disc in the middle it does not sit against my wrist very comfortably. Truthfully I have small wrists so it pretty much takes up my entire wrist and its not as soft as it was before. Oh well....maybe I will get used to it :)

We have already gotten our two sets of DME tags but I am still waiting for my next trip ones to come. @Tuvalu have you gotten yours yet?

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks for the good wishes. Sadly, my mom passed away a few weeks ago :cry:. Reading these boards has been a great escape. It's been really tough, but she is in a better place.
So sorry to hear about your mother. Best wishes to you and your family. My mother passed away young, now 20 years ago. Having good support helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom