Pre-Trip The Tale of Two Trips

Well, I was going to wait at least a day to start this, but since some of you have been asking I have decided to start my PTR for my next trip(s) :)
As you can tell by the title I have 2 trips in my future, so I am going to semi-combine them in terms of the PTR, but will separate them by plans!

Trip numero 1:
Who?
From left to right my Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and me (Megan)
IMG_2946.JPG

When?

Saturday March 11 - Saturday March 18

Where?
I am happy to report we will be staying at the Polynesian! We stayed there briefly on our last trip, but did not get to spend a lot of time there so we are happy to be spending the entire week there! I was happy to get the AP discount again for this, but also it was made more affordable as you will find out in my next section
IMG_2376.JPG

Why?
For three years I have known I will be taking this trip because for three years I have known the practical part of my boards are in Kissimmee! How lucky is that! All of my fellow residents say it was destiny :) This is the reason the Poly is more affordable because I will get some of my trip paid for by the residency program (flights, part of a hotel, etc). I mean, should I be excited about taking my boards? No....but I am excited to go to Disney :) Originally I was going alone, but then we got the APs and I asked my Mom to come with me so that I could have someone help me study and so that I would not be stuck having to stay with someone else. Then, we asked Jill and she wanted to come as well ! My Dad kindly declined :) He likes Disney, but in small doses!

Trip numero 2
Who?
Back to the usual crew of my Mom and I
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7850793504.jpeg

When?
Saturday April 1 - Saturday April 8

Where?
The Wilderness Lodge :) When I originally booked this trip I booked POFQ, but WL was actually the same price, so why not!
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1943.jpg

Why?
Well, I actually take my written boards on April 1 and thats also the start of my last vacation of residency. I am going to Punta Cana with my friends the second week of my vacation, but had nothing to do with my first. I was sitting on a plethora of Southwest points so knew I could get a free flight for my Mom and I so we started looking at all sorts of options. At first we thought...Disneyland or a Disney Cruise! But, then we kept coming back to the fact that we still have our APs and we could have one last AP trip so Disney World it is! Plus, the trip in March will be a little disjointed due to my boards so this will be a good one! We leave Saturday night since I take my boards that day and its an 8 hour exam (although historically it only takes me about 6 to take the exams).

In case anyone is confused by me talking about all these board exams they are because I am a resident in Family Medicine and in order to graduate from residency/be board certified I have 2 more tests to take :)

Next up: first trip plans

joshsprincess921

Went to Tiffens in December and loved it.
Was hoping it was going to be a dinning package but that did not work out at all
The Nomad lounge is a great place to hang out before your reservation. Comfy couches on the verenda looking out to Pandors (eventually)

Max
That's good to hear! About how long was your dining experience there? I've never dined signature, so I'm always curious how much time I should set aside for it.

JamieLee18

I did my first Uber at Disney too! The app was almost too easy, I cancelled my first attempt because I wasn't sure I did it correctly. When the driver arrived, I apologized and told him it was my first time using the app, he said "I could tell" :hilarious:. But long story long.... Uber drivers were all over Disney/Orlando and I only waited about 5 minutes each time.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Went to Tiffens in December and loved it.
Was hoping it was going to be a dinning package but that did not work out at all
The Nomad lounge is a great place to hang out before your reservation. Comfy couches on the verenda looking out to Pandors (eventually)

Max

As per above we loved Tiffins - have not tried Tusker so I cannot compare

Max

Thanks Max....I am leaning towards Tiffins anyway! I just have to convince my Mom :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I did my first Uber at Disney too! The app was almost too easy, I cancelled my first attempt because I wasn't sure I did it correctly. When the driver arrived, I apologized and told him it was my first time using the app, he said "I could tell" :hilarious:. But long story long.... Uber drivers were all over Disney/Orlando and I only waited about 5 minutes each time.

Oh wow thats great to hear thank you! I am so nervous about it haha

blreinsel

You guys.....Wishes :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know its old, and I'm sure the new fireworks will be great but....I love Wishes....its the thing that makes me the happiest at Disney World :jawdrop::banghead:

I'm feeling the exact same way. :cry: I want to be excited for the new show and I'm sure it'll be spectacular.. But I wish I could see Wishes one last time. :(

Kiwiduck

Oh wow thats great to hear thank you! I am so nervous about it haha
I used Uber for the first time when I was in WDW last year. It is very user friendly, you shouldn't have any problems. One of the drivers said that very early in the morning there can be fewer drivers around so give yourself a little more time seeing as your test is so early in the morning. You could always just take an Uber to a park or somewhere the day before so you are comfortable using the app??

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm feeling the exact same way. :cry: I want to be excited for the new show and I'm sure it'll be spectacular.. But I wish I could see Wishes one last time. :(

I feel very lucky that I will be able to see it again...but I wish it didn't have to be attached to a sad reason for seeing it :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I used Uber for the first time when I was in WDW last year. It is very user friendly, you shouldn't have any problems. One of the drivers said that very early in the morning there can be fewer drivers around so give yourself a little more time seeing as your test is so early in the morning. You could always just take an Uber to a park or somewhere the day before so you are comfortable using the app??

Oh thats a great idea. One of my friends actually has the test the same time as me so I may not need Uber until the ride home but I should still practice!

MegRuss626

You guys.....Wishes :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know its old, and I'm sure the new fireworks will be great but....I love Wishes....its the thing that makes me the happiest at Disney World :jawdrop::banghead:

It made me cry!! And has my sister in law and I trying to justify dragging our pregnant butts down there for a 3 day trip to see it one more time!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
It made me cry!! And has my sister in law and I trying to justify dragging our pregnant butts down there for a 3 day trip to see it one more time!

Oh man you almost have to do it! I swear Disney keeps getting rid of things as a ploy to get people down there :( Its like the Main Street Electrical Parade

amjt660

Premium Member
Woohoo! I have convinced my Mom to choose Tiffins. Not that I have anything against Tusker House but I really wanted to try Tiffins :) I just made sure to avoid showing her the fish head dinner that they have ;):p
Great news - you will not regret it!!

I have never tried Uber so I have no insight on that one.

On a non Disney note: Are you happy that the Bills fired Rex?
I know it was at the end of December but just curious since your whole family seems to be Bills fans

Max

LisaBelle

I am heartbroken about Wishes:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::(:(:(:(:(!!!!! I totally agree about it being the thing that makes me the happiest at Disney World. I am sooo happy that my sister and I watched it every chance we had last year or I would really be devastated. Some of my favorite Disney memories, especially from my first trip with my kids, are from watching Wishes. I may enjoy the new show, but Wishes will always hold a special place in my heart :inlove:. I have a CD of the soundtrack and I play it ALL the time. It's gotten me through some very sad times in my life. I guess I better buy a new one before it ends just in case anything happens to my current one. It's bad enough that I won't be able to see it again. I can't imagine not being able to listen to the soundtrack. I guess there's always youtube and I have it from iTunes, but it is a little different than the actual one they play in the park. Glad you will be able to see it again (twice)!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great news - you will not regret it!!

I have never tried Uber so I have no insight on that one.

On a non Disney note: Are you happy that the Bills fired Rex?
I know it was at the end of December but just curious since your whole family seems to be Bills fans

Max

Actually I wasn't super happy about it. I don't really think he was the issue...I feel like its Doug Whaley more so...but whatever. Another rebuilding season for us!!! No one in my family or friends group was pleased with the firing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom