Pre-Trip The Tale of Two Trips

Well, I was going to wait at least a day to start this, but since some of you have been asking I have decided to start my PTR for my next trip(s) :)
As you can tell by the title I have 2 trips in my future, so I am going to semi-combine them in terms of the PTR, but will separate them by plans!

Trip numero 1:
Who?
From left to right my Mom (Mary), my sister Jill and me (Megan)
IMG_2946.JPG

When?

Saturday March 11 - Saturday March 18

Where?
I am happy to report we will be staying at the Polynesian! We stayed there briefly on our last trip, but did not get to spend a lot of time there so we are happy to be spending the entire week there! I was happy to get the AP discount again for this, but also it was made more affordable as you will find out in my next section
IMG_2376.JPG

Why?
For three years I have known I will be taking this trip because for three years I have known the practical part of my boards are in Kissimmee! How lucky is that! All of my fellow residents say it was destiny :) This is the reason the Poly is more affordable because I will get some of my trip paid for by the residency program (flights, part of a hotel, etc). I mean, should I be excited about taking my boards? No....but I am excited to go to Disney :) Originally I was going alone, but then we got the APs and I asked my Mom to come with me so that I could have someone help me study and so that I would not be stuck having to stay with someone else. Then, we asked Jill and she wanted to come as well ! My Dad kindly declined :) He likes Disney, but in small doses!

Trip numero 2
Who?
Back to the usual crew of my Mom and I
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7850793504.jpeg

When?
Saturday April 1 - Saturday April 8

Where?
The Wilderness Lodge :) When I originally booked this trip I booked POFQ, but WL was actually the same price, so why not!
IMG_1939.jpg
IMG_1943.jpg

Why?
Well, I actually take my written boards on April 1 and thats also the start of my last vacation of residency. I am going to Punta Cana with my friends the second week of my vacation, but had nothing to do with my first. I was sitting on a plethora of Southwest points so knew I could get a free flight for my Mom and I so we started looking at all sorts of options. At first we thought...Disneyland or a Disney Cruise! But, then we kept coming back to the fact that we still have our APs and we could have one last AP trip so Disney World it is! Plus, the trip in March will be a little disjointed due to my boards so this will be a good one! We leave Saturday night since I take my boards that day and its an 8 hour exam (although historically it only takes me about 6 to take the exams).

In case anyone is confused by me talking about all these board exams they are because I am a resident in Family Medicine and in order to graduate from residency/be board certified I have 2 more tests to take :)

Next up: first trip plans

Doc Disney

Original Poster
So excited to have two more upcoming trip reports to read!!
Also good luck on your boards-it's great that you get them over with before you finish residency. We didn't take our written board for anesthesiology until after finishing residency and then an oral exam a year later! It is the best feeling when you are done with those (probably deserving of another Disney trip).

I know! I don't know why we take ours before, but I am not complaining! Someone asked me the other day why I picked those days and I was like I didn't haha they told me when I had to take it!

Yay! Two more trip reports to look forward too! Good luck with your boards! Hopefully being in Disney won't distract you too much from your studying.

Thank you! I know, I am a little worried about studying while I am there, but I usually make flashcards so I can carry them around and study while on the bus and stuff :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
March trip

I usually write long paragraphs about our daily plans, but I am going to switch it up this time. I am going to start with dining/extras for our March trip!
Saturday March 11 - California Grill 7:15 pm!
This is our usual first day dinner!!! We love it here even though its so expensive :)
IMG_0163.JPG

Sunday March 12 - Garden Grill 6:05 pm
For Jill's Birthday gift I booked her the Behind the Seeds Tour so we will be doing that before enjoying some food from The Land! My Mom and I have eaten here several times, but Jill never has :)
IMG_3360.JPG

Monday March 13 - Via Napoli 12:05 pm
Is anyone surprised? We always eat here :) This is the day before my boards so I knew it would be a short day for me :)
IMG_1054.JPG

Tuesday March 14 - Jill and my Mom had The Boathouse at 5:30 pm.
Jill has eaten here before and she really enjoyed it
With some of my fellow residents I will be going to....Victoria and Albert's!?!?! at 7:00 pm
My fellow resident Jake and I have talked about eating here for 3 years and finally we are actually going to do it! Jake's uncle works at Disney and he will be joining us along with my other fellow resident Adnaan. I am terrified of this. I am such a picky eater that I am worried about what I will actually eat. Oh well, I guess I should be adventurous !
IMG_3316.jpg

Wednesday March 15 - Chef Artsmith's Homecoming 6:30 pm
I am so excited to eat here ! I have nothing but great things! For Christmas my Mom got us all tickets to La Nouba so we will be doing that at 9 pm. Also for Christmas my sisters and I told my Mom we would buy her an Amphicar ride since she always wanted to do it so we will be doing it this day too :)
IMG_3315.JPG

Thursday March 16 - San Angel Inn 6:30 pm
This was Jill's request. We have eaten here numerous times and enjoyed it all but one time!
IMG_2309.jpg

Friday March 17 - Be Our Guest 5:55 pm
This will be with some of my other fellow residents who have always wanted to eat here. I am weirdly giddy about the fact that we will be eating here on the same day the live action Beauty and the Beast comes out :)
IMG_3261.JPG

Saturday March 18 - Chef Mickey's 8:25 am
Jill has never eaten at Chef Mickey's so I really wanted her to try it!!
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_7680374939.jpeg

blreinsel

I'm so jealous that you are moving to Florida! You are so brave! I feel like I could never move, I'm such a homebody ! haha Do you have a general date for when you move? My Birthday is in July (July 13) and I am considering going to Disney for my birthday depending on my job situation. I might even have to go alone if I can't convince someone else to go haha

We're going back and forth between your TR and PTR :p Having Dylan to move with me makes it so much less scary, but it's still pretty terrifying! Like I said in your TR thread, we'll be heading down end of June/beginning of July. My birthday is July 14 and I will DEFINITELY be spending my birthday there. I vote a double birthday extravaganza! :D:D:D

Now, your ADR's!

I love Garden Grill and it's all because of you that I tried it in the first place! I can't wait to get back there in June. :hungry: Um.. Victoria and Albert's!?!?!? That is so amazing!!! You're doing so many fun things at DS.. I can't wait to try some of those things when we move! BOG on the day the movie comes out? I'm seriously SO jealous! How perfect! :inlove:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We're going back and forth between your TR and PTR :p Having Dylan to move with me makes it so much less scary, but it's still pretty terrifying! Like I said in your TR thread, we'll be heading down end of June/beginning of July. My birthday is July 14 and I will DEFINITELY be spending my birthday there. I vote a double birthday extravaganza! :D:D:D

Now, your ADR's!

I love Garden Grill and it's all because of you that I tried it in the first place! I can't wait to get back there in June. :hungry: Um.. Victoria and Albert's!?!?!? That is so amazing!!! You're doing so many fun things at DS.. I can't wait to try some of those things when we move! BOG on the day the movie comes out? I'm seriously SO jealous! How perfect! :inlove:

Oh yea! I feel like we talked about this last year around our Birthdays! I graduate from residency on June 30th and it usually takes a bit of time to get started with a job. My Mom casually mentioned the other day that she took off my Birthday week....then I started looking at Birthday girl shirts and she was like what are you doing?! Slowly I will break her down :) The only bummer is we won't have an AP anymore in July, but we are planning on maybe going to Disney as a whole family in April/May 2018 so that could work....hmmmm.....

I am super nervous to try Victoria and Alberts, but I figure why not do it with my friends who are also willing to be adventurous!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
April trip

Saturday April 1 - California Grill 9:30 p.m.
This may be a little overzealous, especially since we were eating there like 3 weeks before but we thought we could celebrate (hopefully) being finished with my boards! Our flight is supposed to land at 7:20 pm so I am praying we make it in time :) Luckily we don't have to pick up luggage this time unless we change hotels super late like crazy people again :)
IMG_2017.JPG

Sunday April 2 - O'hana 8:15 p.m.
We really wanted to try this again without me having a panic attack about having a half marathon coming up :)
IMG_2194.JPG
IMG_2195.JPG

Monday April 3 - The Crystal Palace 5:25 p.m.
Before this trip was even a thing we were having a conversation one day about places we would like to try and my Mom mentioned Crystal Palace dinner. We have eaten breakfast there many times, but never dinner. We always walk by it at night and say dinner would be fun there!
IMG_4020.jpg

Tuesday April 4 - no plans!
We are trying to go more with the flow this trip and have a few days where we wing it or try new things !

Wednesday April 5 - Sci Fi Dine-In 5:30 p.m.
We have not been here in awhile so we are happy to go back. I know everyone says the food is so-so but we like it :)
IMG_3927.JPG

Thursday April 6 - no plans!

Friday April 7 - Cinderella's Royal Table 5:20 p.m.
Wishes Dessert party 8:00 pm

We have never done CRT before and I have always wanted to try it! I was shocked when I even saw this reservation because I booked the reservations like 90 days out instead of 180! I thought I would treat my Mom the dessert party since she puts up with me and these crazy trips :) We usually enjoy the dessert parties even though they are insanely expensive
IMG_0429.jpg
IMG_0435.JPG

Saturday April 8 - no specific plans, our plane doesn't leave until late in the evening so we do have a full day!

Next up: FPs !

blreinsel

Oh yea! I feel like we talked about this last year around our Birthdays! I graduate from residency on June 30th and it usually takes a bit of time to get started with a job. My Mom casually mentioned the other day that she took off my Birthday week....then I started looking at Birthday girl shirts and she was like what are you doing?! Slowly I will break her down :) The only bummer is we won't have an AP anymore in July, but we are planning on maybe going to Disney as a whole family in April/May 2018 so that could work....hmmmm.....

I am super nervous to try Victoria and Alberts, but I figure why not do it with my friends who are also willing to be adventurous!

I think the birthday trip is meant to be. ;) I brought up the fact that I'll be able to be in Disney on my birthday this year to Dylan and he was like "well what if we aren't moved by then? There are a lot of things that have to fall into place for that to work out. Blah blah blah." IT IS NOT AN OPTION! I will spend my 25th birthday at MK. :inlove:

Victoria and Albert's is so prestigious! It's every Disney freak's dream.. or at least mine. :rolleyes: Excited for our other trip ADR's! I'm shocked that you've never been to CRT before! I've done breakfast and lunch there and the experience is so awesome. Definitely something that everybody needs to try once. :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Total trip overlap ! Try to relax and just cram your endocrine cheat sheet the night before. We'll keep an eye out for ya :cool:

Oh man, endocrine is killer :( I wish I had a cheat sheet....I should make one! Please do say hi if you see me! The April trip or the March trip?

I think the birthday trip is meant to be. ;) I brought up the fact that I'll be able to be in Disney on my birthday this year to Dylan and he was like "well what if we aren't moved by then? There are a lot of things that have to fall into place for that to work out. Blah blah blah." IT IS NOT AN OPTION! I will spend my 25th birthday at MK. :inlove:

Victoria and Albert's is so prestigious! It's every Disney freak's dream.. or at least mine. :rolleyes: Excited for our other trip ADR's! I'm shocked that you've never been to CRT before! I've done breakfast and lunch there and the experience is so awesome. Definitely something that everybody needs to try once. :)

Oh man, you can't be moving there around that time and NOT be there for your Birthday! I know, I have no idea how I have never been to CRT...I'm ashamed to say I'm not even 100% sure I knew it existed until a few years ago when one of my friends got engaged there (hello...dream to get engaged in Disney!)!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
CRT dinner was one of my favorite meals last trip! Going into it I was skeptical because I read the food wasn't very good, but I was pleasantly surprised! Hope you enjoy it too!

I am glad to hear this! I feel like all I ever read about is how bad the food is :) Do you remember what you had to eat? I tend to like almost every meal I have ever had at Disney despite what people say about it !

DonnaOnTheRocks

I am glad to hear this! I feel like all I ever read about is how bad the food is :) Do you remember what you had to eat? I tend to like almost every meal I have ever had at Disney despite what people say about it !
I had a steak and potatoes, and we also got an appetizer and dessert included with the meal. I just checked the menu to jog my memory and of course it's completely different now lol. The beef and shrimp looks good though!

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Crystal Palace. While I'm not a fan of beef that has any shade of red in it, the hand carved beef was simply divine! So tender. We sat by a window facing the river, so it was peaceful to look at. The family next to us, not so much. :facepalm:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Congrats on your upcoming boards! We need more physicians in Florida, especially with our aging population. So if you'd like to put the snow of the NE behind you, Florida is beckoning...

If you delayed that April trip by two weeks, you could have another medal to hang around your neck....

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I had a steak and potatoes, and we also got an appetizer and dessert included with the meal. I just checked the menu to jog my memory and of course it's completely different now lol. The beef and shrimp looks good though!

I was thinking about that too for my meal! This menu kind of reminds me of Ariels Grotto in Disneyland :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner at Crystal Palace. While I'm not a fan of beef that has any shade of red in it, the hand carved beef was simply divine! So tender. We sat by a window facing the river, so it was peaceful to look at. The family next to us, not so much. :facepalm:

For some reason we always stayed away from dinner buffets until we tried Chef Mickey's and now we are super into them :) Can't wait to try it! A table by the widow sounds amazing! I love that the Crystal Palace is set back and away from all the chaos !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Congrats on your upcoming boards! We need more physicians in Florida, especially with our aging population. So if you'd like to put the snow of the NE behind you, Florida is beckoning...

If you delayed that April trip by two weeks, you could have another medal to hang around your neck....

Haha right now we don't have any snow and its semi warm out :) Its supposed to be 55 this weekend :eek: I could never leave Buffalo (at least not until I'm retired). I love it too much here (esp the food!) and I actually like the cold :)
I know! Next year we are planning a family trip to Disney in April/May and I'm trying convince everyone that we need to do the Star Wars Half. I'm doing a half this May though, so an April half would be too close!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom