Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We spent some time listening to the piano and then eventually the band that came on. I really enjoyed walking my friends around and sharing a bit more of my Disney stories.
DSC_0968_1.jpg

This is my friend Jake and his girlfriend Elizabeth
DSC_0972_1.jpg

DSC_0973_1.jpg
DSC_0974_1.jpg
DSC_0976_1.jpg

My friends insisted that we take a photoshoot of me opening these doors :p
DSC_0980_1.jpg

DSC_0981_1.jpg

DSC_0983_1.jpg

DSC_0985_1.jpg

Next up: more GF pictures :p

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
DSC_0986_1.jpg

DSC_0989_1.jpg

This is my friend Adnaan who clearly wasn't expecting this picture :)
DSC_0990_1.jpg

Anyway, just around 6:45 we checked in for our dinner at.....drumroll please....
DSC_0994_1.jpg

They have some pretty nice lights ;)
DSC_0995_1.jpg

DSC_0997_1.jpg

We all ended up picking the 7 course meal. Adnaan and I were originally planning on doing the wine paring but honestly we were so tried from our exam that we didn't :)
We just ordered a cocktail instead. I feel like this had champagne in it but I forgot to write down what the actual cocktail was
DSC_1000_1.jpg

The first course is the Amuse-Bouche which for us was duck
DSC_1003_1.jpg

I am not usually a huge duck fan but this was really great!
The first course also brought the first bread course (yes....first...there were three). Elizabeth is allergic to soy, corn (including corn syrup), gluten and dairy so they actually could not find a bread for her to eat. In the end I think this saved her because she did not get as full as me :joyfull:
DSC_1005_1.jpg

Each bread course also had its own butter
DSC_1007_1.jpg

Next up: V&A continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
For the next course (i.e. the "cold course") we all chose the Colorado Bison with Black Garlic and Charmoula
DSC_1009_1.jpg

This was my first time having Bison and it was really good. Probably would have preferred it warm, but still good!
My next course was Tagliatelle Pasta with Winter Black Truffles
DSC_1011_1.jpg

This was so yum...but super filling. I *almost* regretted it
Everyone else had the Seared Diver Scallop with Melted Red Cabbage and Shallot Jam
DSC_1013_1.jpg

Up next was more bread...I was already struggling to eat more at this point haha
DSC_1015_1.jpg

For the next course I chose the Green Circle Chicken with Sunchokes and Parmigiano-Reggiano
DSC_1016_1.jpg

This was actually the one thing I really did not care for. I wish I was braver and ordered the Quail. Elizabeth also got the chicken and did not care for it.
Jake and Adnaan had the French Quail with Rhubarb and Pomegranate
DSC_1017_1.jpg

After this I no lie had to get up and walk around in hopes to make more room :p Everyone else got served a lot quicker than us but I think it was all due to Elizabeth's allergies which was fine :).
More bread came and I couldn't even look at it...but it is cool how they carved the butter right at table side
DSC_1019_1.jpg
DSC_1020_1.jpg

I realize this is a terrible place to stop but I do not have my whole menu and I want to get the names right for you guys. So, next post will be finishing it up ... just might take me a few days to procure my menu :)

Next up: V and A continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I'm proud of you for stepping out of your food comfort zone at V&A's!! It's definitely not easy to do, but important to try something new every once in a while. The food all looks AMAZING!:joyfull:

I was so glad that I tried all these foods! I liked most of them (but truthfully most of the meal I just didn't ask what exactly I was eating :rolleyes:)

If you didn't care for the chicken you would have hated the quail.

Tried quail once. Never again.

Oh really? I'm glad I didn't try it then!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Wait, aren't you from BUFFALO? ;)
And for what it's worth @sheriffwoody my stuffed pig dressed as Sully still travels with me :p

Haha Buffalo and Bison are not synonymous :) We do have some cute Bison at the zoo. :inlove:

My husband would go to V&A just for the bread courses. I've never seen anyone who loves bread as much as he does. But I've never felt like the restaurant was for me since I don't eat meat that often. Do they have many items for vegetarians?

Absolutely! They have an entire vegetarian menu :) They call you about a week prior to get your food preferences. Its how I was given so many non seafood options ! The bread was super good....just too filling haha

The meal at V&A's looks amazing-so happy to hear that there are so many non-seafood options! Love that you are able to customize the menu so much-hopefully one day I will be able to enjoy a meal there!

I hope you get to try it too! The experience was truly incredible! They were so helpful with all of Elizabeth's allergies and all my food aversions :)

Courtney6682

We spent so much time at the Coca Cola Store because my husband is addicted to Bibo and there are only a few places to get it - Club Cool, AK Harambe Market, and the CC Store. I bought my favorite (but overpriced t-shirt) from the store and so glad I did because it's not one that's sold online or anything. For once, I was glad I listened to my instincts :) I'm definitely a Coke girl though (esp Cherry Coke) - Pepsi is too sweet for me :hungover:

Funny u say that...I'm a Pepsi person...coke has always tasted like powered donuts to me!! Too sweet lol...altho I do love Diet coke

LeighM

Funny u say that...I'm a Pepsi person...coke has always tasted like powered donuts to me!! Too sweet lol...altho I do love Diet coke

My husband can drink up to 4 Diet Cokes a day :eek: I'll go to have a sip of his drink and it's that diet stuff that tastes so bitter to me. My addiction is LeCroix coconut and Polar orange vanilla. Which he totally hates so our drinks are safe from each other :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ooooooo I loved reading about your V&A experience. That's in our plans for October, and I'm so excited!
'

You will really enjoy it!!!

I'm super late to this party, but finally all caught up! Love hearing about your experience at V&A, I'll get there one day!

Its definitely something to put on a must do list :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom