Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

mlegerto

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm all caught up!

Can I just say that it looks like you girls had SO much fun, can I PLEASE join in on the next girls trip LOL :happy::happy:

we always feel weird about ordering kids meals so we made a big production about pretending to order chicken nugget kids meals for actual kids.

This is TOO funny because I do the same thing all of the time. I thought I was the only one, guess us "weirdos" got to stick together!

Doc Disney

Original Poster

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I was convinced that you were going to Ample Hills! :eek: But that Sea Salt Caramel sundae your mom had looks amazing. :inlove:

We have actually never been to Ample Hills. One time my Mom and I walked in there but we weren't feeling it so didn't get anything.

You guys were cracking me up with your Megg photoshoot! Love it.

:joyfull::joyfull: Thanks! We are weird

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Loved the photo shoot with Megg! Your pizza looked delicious :hungry:. I've never been to Via Napoli or Ghiradelli :eek: but your report is making me want to visit both on my next trip.

Oh they are both so good! I don't like sweets all that much but I don enjoy Ghirardelli every now and again :)

Looks like Megg had a fun time around the world! You worked hard for that egg-might as well have some fun with it!

I agree! Might as well as some fun with it :)

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm all caught up!

Can I just say that it looks like you girls had SO much fun, can I PLEASE join in on the next girls trip LOL :happy::happy:

This is TOO funny because I do the same thing all of the time. I thought I was the only one, guess us "weirdos" got to stick together!

We really did have so much fun! You can join in :) haha
I'm sure Disney is well aware that we don't have any kids with us so I don't know why I keep doing it haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 - Exam Day
I barely slept the night before so I crawled out of my bed at 5:30 am and got dressed in the dark. In case anyone is curious it was super easy to get a cab from the Polynesian. I just went to the valet desk and they whistled down the cab that was sitting there. I got an entire 12 passenger van to myself :) I was hoping for some conversation to distract me from my upcoming exam, but my driver was not chatty :) My cab fare went up drastically as soon as we crossed Disney lines. Even though its like 12 minutes away it was something along $24 to get to Gaylord Palms :arghh:. Anyway, I had never been there before so was surprised by how big it is.
Literally had to use directions/street names to get to my test!!!
IMG_2961_1.jpg

As if it wasn't hard enough to figure out, though, it was pitch black in there. I mean I know it was early because my test was at 7:30 am but at least turn some lights on in the place. Anyway, fast forward like an hour or so (test delays) and I had passed my test and was on my way back to Disney :) My friend/co-worker Jake had a car so kindly agreed to drive me home! I actually briefly lost my Magic Band and we ended up finding it under his car. Whoops :jawdrop:
My co-worker Sara was also in the car and she was staying at All Star Movies so we dropped her off first. I haven't been to the All Stars since we last stayed there in the early 2000s so I was happy to see it (briefly) again.
We always stayed in the "pups and bones" section - aka 101 Dalmatians
IMG_2967.jpg

After dropping her off we headed to the Polynesian. Only apparently there is also a Polynesian Isle resort and Jake picked that one for his GPS. We were both confused why it was taking us back to the entrance before we realized it. Never mind though because we got to drive under the entrance again and who doesn't like that?
IMG_2965.jpg

The traffic was fairly crazy at this point...you get spoiled when on buses not having to wait in MK lines :banghead:
IMG_2969.jpg

Finally we made it back to the Polynesian and I said goodbye to Jake for now :)
My Mom and Jill greeted me at the door with presents :) They spoil me!
My Mom got me a cupcake that I had been eyeing up for a few days
DSC_0907_1.jpg

And Jill got me this Stitch. While I may not be a huge fan of Lilo and Stitch, I do think that Stitch himself is pretty darn cute
(Pardon my post test glazed eye look)
DSC_0908_1.jpg

After I got dressed we headed to Disney Springs. We had no plans for this day and when I got back to the room Mom and Jill decided we should spend some more time at Disney Springs. Fine by me :) I was so exhausted I didn't care what we did so long as I eventually got food and caffeine :)
On the bus!
DSC_0912_1.jpg

Our first stop was the Coke store. We wanted to see if the 3rd floor drinks/bar place was open but it wasn't so we looked around instead
DSC_0914_1.jpg

DSC_0917_1.jpg

The Coke store has a lot of cute stuff but a. I am actually more of a Pepsi person myself and b. you can find some of the same stuff at Target for much cheaper :p
After the Coke store we moved on towards the World of Disney
DSC_0920_1.jpg

Next up: DS continued

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
DSC_0921_1.jpg

It was actually rather chilly, I'm not sure why we have shorts on
DSC_0922_1.jpg

We popped in World of Disney and I grabbed the Lion King VHS notebook. We then headed to the Christmas store and I got an ornament with the Aliens on it (from Toy Story) looking up at fireworks saying "ohhhhh" :p
Anyway I was literally starving at this point so we headed to our next stop.
Our next stop would serve as both a lunch place and the next stop on our drink tour
T.Rex!
Candle Apple Cotton-tini was drink #4 on the Touring Plans list :)
DSC_0927_1.jpg

This was really good! We figured it was small enough we didn't have to share. We were half way through our drink challenge after this one :)
DSC_0928_1.jpg

We took a lot of pictures of our drinks ...
DSC_0931_1.jpg
DSC_0932_1.jpg

For lunch we ordered the Supersaurus Sampler to order
DSC_0934_1.jpg

This included chili con queso dip, bruschetta, quesadillas, and onion rings. Actually in hindsight this isn't the supersaurus one because according to the menu that would have had ribs. Anyway the only semi - decent close up picture is the one of the bruschetta so I guess I will share that
DSC_0939_1.jpg

The food overall was decent and it was a perfect amount to share since we all had big meals coming up
After eating we headed back to the Coke store to see if the bar was open
It was windy :joyfull:
DSC_0944_1.jpg

DSC_0946_1.jpg

The bar was open for pop (soda/coke/whatever) but no alcohol yet so we moved on (Jill was dying to the try the Beverly cocktail :hungover:)
After this we headed back to the Polynesian :)

Next up: pool time

LeighM

We spent so much time at the Coca Cola Store because my husband is addicted to Bibo and there are only a few places to get it - Club Cool, AK Harambe Market, and the CC Store. I bought my favorite (but overpriced t-shirt) from the store and so glad I did because it's not one that's sold online or anything. For once, I was glad I listened to my instincts :) I'm definitely a Coke girl though (esp Cherry Coke) - Pepsi is too sweet for me :hungover:

samantha788

so late to the TR party but i'm loving it!! I hope you love the camera!! the pictures look great.
Super jealous of the poly! One day:inlove:
I'm always jealous of your cali grill visits, but extra excited now because we're going to my sister's birthday in May! Will be my first time there :)
And I love that you and your sister both had surprises for each other.
Flower & Garden pics are beautiful! The personalized hats were so fun! Your mom looked so happy with hers!
Your garden grill pictures are so cute, and making me hungry:hungry:
The Megg pictures!:DLaughing so hard. I would do the exact same thing

Doc Disney

Original Poster
We spent so much time at the Coca Cola Store because my husband is addicted to Bibo and there are only a few places to get it - Club Cool, AK Harambe Market, and the CC Store. I bought my favorite (but overpriced t-shirt) from the store and so glad I did because it's not one that's sold online or anything. For once, I was glad I listened to my instincts :) I'm definitely a Coke girl though (esp Cherry Coke) - Pepsi is too sweet for me :hungover:

Oh they have Bibo there? I do love Bibo :) I really liked a lot of their clothes! They were all cute!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
so late to the TR party but i'm loving it!! I hope you love the camera!! the pictures look great.
Super jealous of the poly! One day:inlove:
I'm always jealous of your cali grill visits, but extra excited now because we're going to my sister's birthday in May! Will be my first time there :)
And I love that you and your sister both had surprises for each other.
Flower & Garden pics are beautiful! The personalized hats were so fun! Your mom looked so happy with hers!
Your garden grill pictures are so cute, and making me hungry:hungry:
The Megg pictures!:DLaughing so hard. I would do the exact same thing

I love the new camera! Still figuring it out here and there hence still having quite a few blurry pictures :) Ah you are going to love California Grill! I can't wait to hear about it :) I like the personalized hats but I don't think I will wear it too much only because its too big :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Back at the hotel my Mom and Jill headed to the pool and I took a quick nap. Naps are like unheard of for me but I was so exhausted that I took a 20 minute snooze.
DSC_0949_1.jpg

I eventually joined my Mom and sister at the pool. The water was cold again so we just spent some time in the sunshine and then eventually went to the hot tub
DSCF2205_1.jpg

I tried to take a picture of the three of us but since it is an infinity hot tub the water kept pushing the camera down and this is the best we got :)
DSCF2208_1.jpg

At some point Jill decided to get a Dole Whip but this is the best picture I have haha
DSCF2213_1.jpg

After our pool time we headed back to the room to get ready for the evening. My Mom and Jill had dinner reservations a few hours earlier than my reservation so they got ready first
DSC_0954_1.jpg

When they were done getting ready we headed to the Tambu lounge for our next drink on the list....the Lapu Lapu!
DSC_0955_1.jpg

We only got one to share and I think Jill probably drank most of it. I needed all the help I could get staying awake and alcohol wasn't going to help :)
After this we parted ways. Jill and my Mom went to The Boathouse to eat. They didn't take pictures but I know they had Shrimp and Andouille Mac and Cheese (Jill) and Cherrywood Smoked BBQ chicken (Mom). Jill really liked her meal but my Mom did not care for hers. I think overall just because she said it was just too much chicken :)
I got ready for my dinner and eventually my friends showed up at the Polynesian :) We had quite a bit of time so I walked them around the resort and told them a bit of Disney history as I went along :)
DSC_0958_1.jpg

DSC_0959_1.jpg

DSC_0960_1.jpg

After our stroll we all got dressed and headed off to the monorail :) Our final destination was the Grand Floridian so after a very long monorail wait we made it!
DSC_0967_1.jpg

Next up: more GF pictures

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom