Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I got the wrong ride picture attached to my account so I will spare you that :) I could probably locate it but I'm not that concerned about it.
We needed to get a passport sticker for the Cars garden so we headed over there

I always get someone else's picture on Test Track!! I don't know why that always happens on that ride. I don't remember it ever happening on any other rides.

I least I have the pleasure of knowing that my beautiful face is showing up in someone's photo pass collection!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I always get someone else's picture on Test Track!! I don't know why that always happens on that ride. I don't remember it ever happening on any other rides.

I least I have the pleasure of knowing that my beautiful face is showing up in someone's photo pass collection!!

Actually now that you say that....I can't tell you the last time I got my own Test Track picture :D

amjt660

Premium Member

Personally for me( and this less than GQ look that I have) the other picture is usually an upgrade!!!

I have been told that I have a face made for radio!!!!

Max

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Our plan was to head to World Showcase, but it wasn't quite open yet so instead we took this opportunity to turn in my egg hunt map
DSC_0823_1.jpg

I picked out the Mickey egg. The eggs are plastic, but they are cute! For some reason I thought maybe I would get a prize inside the egg...but no :)
DSC_0824_1.jpg

Jill decided to name the egg Megg (i.e. Mickey - egg) and then proceeded to insist that we give Megg a photo shoot. Yes, I realize we are weirdo crazies :p
DSC_0829_1.jpg

Hey, took some hard work to get that egg...might as well pay some attention to it :joyfull:
DSC_0830_1.jpg

DSC_0831_1.jpg

DSC_0835_1.jpg

DSC_0832_1.jpg

Then Jill and I decided to roll Megg around the hill for awhile. I do love that even though this was ridiculous no one paid any attention to us because having fun at Disney is not a crime :rolleyes:
Finally World Showcase opened and our first stop was Urban Farm Eats because I had my eye on an Urban Mary. Along the way we passed a place we knew Megg would enjoy ;)
DSC_0836_1.jpg

DSC_0838_1.jpg

DSC_0839_1.jpg

Next up: World Showcase continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
As I said I had the Urban Mary...it was good! I love Bloody Marys :) Jill had the Urban Fairy Cocktail. I can not remember what it tasted like...but it did taste good
DSC_0840_1.jpg

DSC_0841_1.jpg

Next up we headed to Canada so I could feel less guilty about missing the Canada egg :)
DSC_0844_1.jpg

Found a phone booth along the way. I literally can not remember if this phone works or not. I tried to make a mental note but I still can't remember :D
DSC_0847_1.jpg

DSC_0849_1.jpg

We very quickly made our way through the rest of the countries onto our final spot...Italy!
DSC_0851_1.jpg

Jill decided to grab a Bellini so we sat in the sunshine and enjoyed it!
DSC_0853_1.jpg

So did Megg...
DSC_0855_1.jpg

After Jill's drink we checked in for lunch....I'm sure no one will be surprised where!
DSC_0866_1.jpg

Hello light...
DSC_0858_1.jpg

Next up: we eat a lot of food

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Jill and my Mom both ordered a sangria. I had to study this afternoon so I refrained
DSC_0859_1.jpg

So, for some reason we had a long conversation about how my Mom and I can pretty much eat a large pizza on our own so would it be enough food to order a large for 3 people (even though for sure we have done that with my Dad)? Somehow we convinced ourselves to order the Mezzo Metro. Thats right...the same size pizza that we ordered to feed my family of 5 and my nephew last trip :)
The waitress was like thats 16 pieces are you sure? Yep :) To which I'm sure we confirmed the stereotype to her of Americans who eat too much!
DSC_0860_1.jpg

How did we do?
DSC_0862_1.jpg

Yea...we ate most of it
DSC_0863_1.jpg

Despite Jills face we actually (sadly) didn't feel that gross after haha
We did, however, know we needed to walk off some of the pounds and my Mom and Jill had their eye on a dessert so we walked to The Boardwalk
DSC_0873_1.jpg

DSC_0874_1.jpg
DSC_0876_1.jpg

The Boardwalk was not our final stop, though!
Where were we going, nobody knows! (JK I'm sure like half of you could guess right)
DSC_0878_1.jpg
DSC_0880_1.jpg

Next up: realllyyy long bus ride

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Well, we were on the bus for ever. Like I feel like it was close to an hour but thats probably an exaggeration. There were a few girls across from us freaking out because they were supposed to meet a friend and it was taking so long. One said she would not stay at The Boardwalk again after this bus and waiting for the bus to Hollywood Studios for forever. I'm like....:eek:...there is no bus to HS from The Boardwalk...
Anyway...we finally made it to our final destination
Can anyone guess from this vague light fixture picture?
DSC_0882_1.jpg

LOL I know that was a super vague picture. We were at Disney Springs :)
Apparently we walked through World of Disney long enough to take this picture, but if I am not mistaken it was packed in there
DSC_0883_1.jpg

Our final stop was Ghirardelli and since I wasn't getting anything I sat on a bench waiting for Mom and Jill. It was so crowded at DS that there really wasn't anywhere else to sit but a bench
DSC_0884_1.jpg

My Mom got the Sea Salt Caramel Sundae
DSC_0885_1.jpg

Jill got a hot fudge sundae.
DSC_0886_1.jpg

They both said their ice cream was good, but may have had eyes bigger than their stomachs since they couldn't eat it all :)
Paddledish from afar
DSC_0888_1.jpg

After this we stopped in the crystal shop quickly to get Jill a tiara for her wedding and just after we stepped out it started raining so we rushed to the bus stop! Luckily our bus ride home was much quicker than our bus ride to DS :)
When we got back to the hotel I spent some time studying :)
When I was done studying it was still raining, but my Mom and I decided to walk around and explore a little (I think Jill was napping)
DSC_0892_1.jpg
DSC_0894_1.jpg
DSC_0896_1.jpg

DSC_0897_1.jpg

Next up: more randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
My Mom and I looked around the pool and noticed that a bunch of people were there so we thought, hey why not go to the pool (in the rain).
DSCF2198_1.jpg

Turns out the pool was freezing (not sure how all those people were in it)
But, we did check out the hot tub which is pretty cool (or should I say hot ;))
DSCF2202_1.jpg

DSCF2203_1.jpg

After our brief hot tub adventures we decided to head to Capt. Cooks to get something small to eat.
I know I have said this before, but we always feel weird about ordering kids meals so we made a big production about pretending to order chicken nugget kids meals for actual kids.
DSC_0899_1.jpg

So, while we were outside a bird swooped down and grabbed one of my french fries. I only knew it happened because I heard my Mom scream "MEGANNNNNNN" as if I could do anything about it :) It was only mildly embarrassing as a table full of boys sitting behind us turned around and snickered at us. Anyway, inside we went, only to run into the person we ordered the kids meals from for fake kids :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway, after eating we headed back to the room so I could study some more and relax. I watched/listened to Wishes from my porch that night and off to bed we went :)

Next up: Test day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom