The Sword in the Stone live-action remake

brb1006

I hope they don't mess up this scene because I really felt bad for that poor female squirrel.

I'm going to bet they will announce a Live-Action remake of The Aristocats sometime this year.

Last edited:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
770.gif

More? More live action remakes?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
..... seriously? Sword in the Stone wasn't even that big of a hit!

It's very weak, that's for sure. I watched it once and that's enough. I even like Robin Hood better. :p

I'm surprised they've decided to make The Sword in the Stone live-action, as it is incredibly underrated and not popular.
It may not mean much, but it was the last animated movie released during Walt Disney's lifetime. Jungle Book was the last he personally worked on, but didn't come out until nearly a year after his death.

I agree with Raven and personally think The Sword in the Stone is great.

Arthur Wellesley

Who else is willing to bet that they'll announce a remake of The Hunchback of Notre Dame or Hercules next?
The rumors I'm hearing indicate that it'll be a live-action remake of Fantasia next. It will only star Gary Busey, and will be nothing more than two hours of him doing interpretive dance to classical music.

MickeyMouseGal

I really think Disney is running out of original ideas. All these re-makes or sequels of already done movies becoming a staple for Disney now. Disney has ad success with Frozen and even Tangled recently, but really most of the other movies they have released have been average at best or bombed. Where are the days where Disney pumped out great movie after great movie like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King? Those days seem to be gone.

Flippin'Flounder

I really think Disney is running out of original ideas. All these re-makes or sequels of already done movies becoming a staple for Disney now. Disney has ad success with Frozen and even Tangled recently, but really most of the other movies they have released have been average at best or bombed. Where are the days where Disney pumped out great movie after great movie like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King? Those days seem to be gone.
BH6 was super successful as well. WIR was really good too. Inside Out was also successful. The days of great original Disney films aren't gone, even if we have 10 remakes, sequels, Marvel, or Star Wars films for every one of them. Plus, with original films like Tommorowland and Princess and the Frog doing so poorly, can you really blame them?

Californian Elitist

BH6 was super successful as well. WIR was really good too. Inside Out was also successful. The days of great original Disney films aren't gone, even if we have 10 remakes, sequels, Marvel, or Star Wars films for every one of them. Plus, with original films like Tommorowland and Princess and the Frog doing so poorly, can you really blame them?

The Princess and the Frog isn't original.

Blackie Pueblo

As much as I like The Sword in the Stone it always bothered me that it was called that. The sword in the stone never even comes into the movie except for the very beginning and the very end. The film should have been called something like Merlin or young Arthur. But besides that there live action film is just another King Arthur film isn't it. I mean if it follows a young Arthur being trained by Merlin like the cartoon it could be good. But if it follows his whole life and is over dramatic it will be another Snow White live action movie. And how did you all feel abot that flm? I know I know it wasnt Disney.

And by the way I hated Malificent.

Bairstow

As much as I like The Sword in the Stone it always bothered me that it was called that. The sword in the stone never even comes into the movie except for the very beginning and the very end. The film should have been called something like Merlin or young Arthur.

I suppose you'd have to complain to T.H. White.
I just hope they don't get silly aspirations for a trilogy and overblow it to "Disney's The Once and Future King Part 1: The Sword and the Stone".

And by the way I hated Malificent.

Good man.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom