The stroll down Main Street

Chef Mickey

I run by everything and head straight to Space, Thunder, and Splash Mountain. I hit Haunted Mansion and Pirates if I feel like it, but everything else is dated. I usually complain about FP+, the prices, the weather, and the crowds before heading out.

MK is a half day park at most.

lilclerk

Depends on whether we have something we're heading for or not. Sometimes we'll spend the stroll up Main Street saying "What do you wanna do?" "I dunno, what do you wanna do?" Sometimes we rush to Pirates.

Sometimes this happens.

zurgandfriend

The first time my DS and I walked up Main Street together he was 5 years old. He held my hand as we walked and I looked down at him and saw his eyes as big as saucers. No matter how many times we have walked up Main Street together since then I will always remember that first time. The music that was playing was "Put on your Sunday Clothes" from Hello Dolly. A few years later we saw Wall-E and when they played the clip from the movie I heard my son say "Dad listen to what they're playing!" I also heard people say "quiet" but I digress.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I run by everything and head straight to Space, Thunder, and Splash Mountain. I hit Haunted Mansion and Pirates if I feel like it, but everything else is dated. I usually complain about FP+, the prices, the weather, and the crowds before heading out.

MK is a half day park at most.
Yeah, nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

AintNoOtherMan

I try to take it all in, linger, and take photographs of it, but I have a family who wants to run straight to the rides, and as the least assertive person in the world, I really have no choice but to go with them :/

Halloweenhead

I've never been before but me and my Girlfriend were talking about this when we started our day to day planning for our visit next year. We think the first day we are going to take a nice stroll and try embrace it all...... the days after we will probably head towards our favourite attractions.

I didn't realize how much there is to take into consideration when planning a WDW holiday!!

graphite1326

No I don't linger on the way in because I linger on the way out while the wife shops.
After a while, when I get bored, I go in a tell her we didn't come here to shop and she could shop at home anytime.

In case you didn't know, I hate shopping. Like most men.

Disnee4Me

We always do EMH and make the made dash to get on as many rides as possible before the craziness (usually Fantasyland first before all the kiddies get there). Then later in the afternoon, we'll come back down to Main Street USA and leisurely stroll through the shops

Goofnut1980

We usually go into the Emporium and walk to the HUB that way. We wait to walk down MSUSA until after we have been there a while. I am usually ready to see what new items they have for sale. Then in the evening, we walk on the Confectionary side and hit up all of those shops. Oh so fun! 50 days to go!!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh no, there is ambling down Main Street upon entering the Magic Kingdom. First, to say Hi! to Roy and Minnie, second, to drink in the view of the Castle and third, to enjoy the smells - yes, Main Street has that delicious aroma mix of popcorn, candy and whatever other fragrances Disney is pumping out from those storefronts. Then its wandering through the Emporium, looking at what new things we just have to buy, walking out at the end of the store, taking in the Castle view again and giving a nod to Walt and then head off to our first fast pass....

Upon leaving, we do it in reverse. Says a word of thanks to Walt, wander through the stores on the other side of Main Street (and try to avoid temptation in the candy store), cross back over to the Emporium to buy whatever we saw earlier in the day, say our goodbyes to Roy and Minnie, turn around for one last look at the Castle (usually with a lump in our throats and sadness, especially if we are leaving WDW the next AM) and head to our bus/monorail/boat to go back to our resort.

After Wishes and most of the guests have left the MK, I like to linger, looking at the Castle and the lights on Main Street and the quiet and nearly empty park. All while my DD is pulling me towards the front, saying she's tired and we need to leave. My dream is to sit on the benches around the Hub in the early morning just before dawn and it is quiet and peaceful and watch the sun rise over the Castle. Unfortunately, the 24 hour party wasn't the quiet and peaceful sunrise I thought it was going to be. I wanted it to be just me, my DD, Walt and Mickey.....

Tom

Beta Return
No I don't linger on the way in because I linger on the way out while the wife shops.
After a while, when I get bored, I go in a tell her we didn't come here to shop and she could shop at home anytime.

In case you didn't know, I hate shopping. Like most men.

I HATE shopping....but at Disney, my inner shopper comes out and I just want to buy something, and something else, oh and this!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I HATE shopping....but at Disney, my inner shopper comes out and I just want to buy something, and something else, oh and this!
Isn't that odd? I do that too. I'll find something that I completely don't need, yet want to buy it at Disney for some reason. Example, a new coffee cup, when I have more than I can ever use now.

Dj Corona

I try to linger and take it all in, first walk in at the start of the trip (maybe grab a fresh bag of popcorn and a bench up top @ the train station and soak it all in), and definitely the last night before I leave...my family can be at times not so accommodating. :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom