The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

the.dreamfinder

To the woodshed!
1407163179133.png

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm sure they would love to meet you for a beer sometime. But I'm not brokering that sit down.

I have thought about meeting one of them. But the people that I know at Disney ... the friends ... they are able to sit down, take off the nametag and talk frankly. I have never known a PR person at an entertainment company, especially Disney, to be able to do that. I don't want to hear spin mixed with comments like ''It is what it is.''

All I want you to broker is pizza or drinks (or both) with @ScarlettAshley1 ... she can bring her kids too ... even Tommy!

As for Lou, eh. I am not gonna Give two shakes about a 4 minute segment on a cable network, even if it's the bbc. They're looking to fill time. Would have been better if they had a European market guy instead.

I don't even know what he said. But the idea that he was on is ridiculous. ... this isn't Al Lutz being quoted in USA Today or the LA Times talking about DLR.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm conflicted. There is some good stuff, and the vast range of Orange Bird merch is amazing considering a few years ago I seemed to be the only person who had even heard of it, but I never know what kind of message buying it would send to the execs as far as future plans go.

I just want to know the percentage of gay fanbois who buy OB merchandise that actually know who Anita Bryant is and why the OB lost popularity.

PhotoDave219

I have thought about meeting one of them. But the people that I know at Disney ... the friends ... they are able to sit down, take off the nametag and talk frankly. I have never known a PR person at an entertainment company, especially Disney, to be able to do that. I don't want to hear spin mixed with comments like ''It is what it is.''

All I want you to broker is pizza or drinks (or both) with @ScarlettAshley1 ... she can bring her kids too ... even Tommy!

I don't even know what he said. But the idea that he was on is ridiculous. ... this isn't Al Lutz being quoted in USA Today or the LA Times talking about DLR.

I may be able to arrange that next time you're in town.

Assuming it's not 90 degrees out.

And can I mention two things? First.... The lumberjack show might be the worst thing I've seen that doesn't involve a dead body fused to a car. (Or through a windshield)

Second.... The haunted mansion shop finally opened... With a 15 minute line for buying all sorts of sought after trinkets & home accessories.

WDW1974

Original Poster
But it would also help WDW overall if they had their own Al Lutz to spill the beans and embarrass some folks in TDO that really should be embarrassed of themselves.

They don't because it is a fulltime job and the pay and benefits package sucks.

But you can still spill beans and embarrass folks ... and actually do much, much more ... with some smarts, lots of knowledge and a tad of savvy. Not that I know a thing about any of that.;):D:cool:

WDW1974

Original Poster
I may be able to arrange that next time you're in town.

Assuming it's not 90 degrees out.

I REALLY hope summer leaves soon. Yesterday was so beautiful that I thought I was in SoCal ... but today the humidity was back then the clouds and looks like a very good chance of rain tomorrow.

I
And can I mention two things? First.... The lumberjack show might be the worst thing I've seen that doesn't involve a dead body fused to a car. (Or through a windshield)

Really? That bad. Well, it's great that they didn't replace anything of quality with that, right? I wonder how much $$$ they are saving. Likely less annually than the furniture in George and Andy's place cost.

Second.... The haunted mansion shop finally opened... With a 15 minute line for buying all sorts of sought after trinkets & home accessories.

I have very mixed opinions on the shop. On the one hand, I love Mansion. It is my favorite MK attraction and still one of my faves anywhere. I also love themed merchandise. BUT ... and you knew that much like a Kardashian that there would be an ample one :D ... much of what they now make is cheap crap that doesn't last. I walked in my local Disney outlet last week and they had a huge table/display of Mansion/Halloween merchandise, so they clearly aren't selling it all very well. And I worry that Liberty Square no longer has an identity that isn't tied to the Disney BRAND. I guess the shop is a good thing, but I am not sure of it.

WDW1974

Original Poster
The national media does NOT care about Walt Disney World.

Unless its business based or something bad happens.

So true ... a shooting at EPCOT? That's news. A worker arrested for raping a child? That's news. A major addition or change? Possibly news.

Something like 99% of the stuff we discuss? Not news (even if some of it could or should be because of bigger picture issues).

ThemeParkJunkee

Dave, are you suggesting that merchandise may be limited quantity like...say...the completely unanticipated "Frozen" merch issue that occurred for most of the year? I am already creeped out about the standby lines being longer during a slower time, the random guinea pig tests on guests ...well...you get it. I will be there in 11 days after a four year hiatus (went to California instead in 2012).

I don't buy much at WDW. I bought a watch one year. I bought a viking helmet with braids one year. Is that even still a possibility? I would like to buy some bookends this year but I do not stand in a 15 minute line to hand over my money...period.

PhotoDave219

I REALLY hope summer leaves soon. Yesterday was so beautiful that I thought I was in SoCal ... but today the humidity was back then the clouds and looks like a very good chance of rain tomorrow.

Really? That bad. Well, it's great that they didn't replace anything of quality with that, right? I wonder how much $$$ they are saving. Likely less annually than the furniture in George and Andy's place cost.

I have very mixed opinions on the shop. On the one hand, I love Mansion. It is my favorite MK attraction and still one of my faves anywhere. I also love themed merchandise. BUT ... and you knew that much like a Kardashian that there would be an ample one :D ... much of what they now make is cheap crap that doesn't last. I walked in my local Disney outlet last week and they had a huge table/display of Mansion/Halloween merchandise, so they clearly aren't selling it all very well. And I worry that Liberty Square no longer has an identity that isn't tied to the Disney BRAND. I guess the shop is a good thing, but I am not sure of it.

Without going into detail, this Lumberjack show is pretty bad. It's not even funny. It's not even state fair good.

It's a Piece of doodie. It's sawing demos with alleged "Jokes" and zero sense of entertainment and certainly no story.

I don't give a flying duck if you've been on ESPN or TSN. I don't care about resume or any of that. I care about the quality of the show and clearly show & creative is mailing it in anymore. Because there's no earthly way this show should be anywhere near a Disney parks

PhotoDave219

Dave, are you suggesting that merchandise may be limited quantity like...say...the completely unanticipated "Frozen" merch issue that occurred for most of the year? I am already creeped out about the standby lines being longer during a slower time, the random guinea pig tests on guests ...well...you get it. I will be there in 11 days after a four year hiatus (went to California instead in 2012).

I don't buy much at WDW. I bought a watch one year. I bought a viking helmet with braids one year. Is that even still a possibility? I would like to buy some bookends this year but I do not stand in a 15 minute line to hand over my money...period.

I bought a tie. I liked the design.

The store is horribly overwhelmed

PhotoDave219

So true ... a shooting at EPCOT? That's news. A worker arrested for raping a child? That's news. A major addition or change? Possibly news.

Something like 99% of the stuff we discuss? Not news (even if some of it could or should be because of bigger picture issues).

Today's DLP issues are business news, yes.

Closing of attractions and entertainment? Not so much.

BrerJon

Wait, you're going in just 11 days and you haven't booked your Magical Tracking Band Fastpass Experience slot for the gift shop yet? Never mind a 15 minute wait, good luck even getting in the door!

(Other gift shops are available with lower wait times - MDE has decided you would prefer to buy a mug from the Gaston shop)

stevehousse

Cool to see Twin Peaks coming back...wonder if any original stars will return???

I am also upset that they cancelled Dallas, which I thought was a really good revival of the old show and spent quality time with the old characters, doing a great job of balancing both new and old cast members.

Disneyhead'71

Cool to see Twin Peaks coming back...wonder if any original stars will return???

I am also upset that they cancelled Dallas, which I thought was a really good revival of the old show and spent quality time with the old characters, doing a great job of balancing both new and old cast members.
Agent Cooper will be back. Kyle MacLachlan tweeted:

"Better fire up that percolator and find my black suit :)#Twinpeaks"

TeriofTerror

I just want to know the percentage of gay fanbois who buy OB merchandise that actually know who Anita Bryant is and why the OB lost popularity.
To tie a couple of threads in this post together, the aforementioned Lou did an apologist episode on the Orange Bird awhile ago, and quite frankly, it rather angered me. His basic stance was, "Well, since they re-recorded the song with Disney cast members, it's all okay now." Maybe for him, but not for me. It saddens me because I (just barely) remember OB from my childhood, but I can't look at him without hearing Anita Bryant's voice, and "Anita Bryant like Anita hole in the head". You don't need to be gay to find that woman sickening and despicable.

TP2000

I REALLY hope summer leaves soon. Yesterday was so beautiful that I thought I was in SoCal ....

If it helps any, at least I am in SoCal. And it is indeed beautiful.

As I type and post this, I'm on the hillside deck outside my den drinking Pinot Grigio and watching the Halloween Screams fireworks go off above Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom for one of Disneyland's Halloween parties. I just toasted the SoCal climate, you @WDW1974 , and your contributions here! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom