The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

RSoxNo1

BTW, pseudo-cryptic news tidbits ...

If you want to sing (by yourself at least) in DHS ... better do it in the next 3 weeks, before Disney let's a certain attraction go early.

Also, a lot of Magic Kingdom performers may be looking for jobs in the Disaster queue house at HHN this year, because their Equity show is being cut as well.
OK, the first one is American Idol, is the other potential cuts to Not So Scary?

71jason

Does this mean something else will go in there sooner?

Yes--so the "new" ("moved") attraction will be there "by Christmas." Which to me implied it won't be going anywhere anytime soon after Christmas.

Just in case anyone still believed the secret construction for Star Wars begins in January theory.

(Hopefully they needed the space for the Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special. It's actually become a bit of a tradition.)

Captain Chaos

Yes--so the "new" ("moved") attraction will be there "by Christmas." Which to me implied it won't be going anywhere anytime soon after Christmas.

Just in case anyone still believed the secret construction for Star Wars begins in January theory.

(Hopefully they needed the space for the Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special. It's actually become a bit of a tradition.)
Oh I love guessing games...

American Idol closing early to make way for Frozen sing along while, during the holiday season, Comedy Warehouse moves into Premiere Theater...

Last edited:

dhall

Oh, my dear @WDW1974 - this post is already epic (rambling, epic, same deal) - but I think you miss the point on this one - since that only happens about (faux)1%(er) of the time, I forgive you - I also didn't know what to make of it at first blush. I don't think you will need to be hand-held, though - you'll get it pretty quickly.

SMALLVILLE --> SUPERMAN != GOTHAM --> BATMAN

This isn't Batman's origin story (thank the Gods, been done to death).

What's the biggest criticism that most filmed Batman media (including animation) has had since the days of Adam West's paunchy interpretation? That the villains end up trumping Batman in his own media.

They have eliminated Batman because this isn't his origin story - it's theirs. It's a brilliant concept. Batman is a kid, he is there but from what I understand not even in every episode planned. He's a good 10 years from becoming Batman, at least. My grandma couldn't even probably tell you who Lex Luthor was, let alone Spidey or the X-Men's or really any Marvel villains - but she could name of half a dozen Bat-villains.

Now, we don't know if it will be any good or not - but combining a procedural (the most popular genre in the country by far), with Batman's rogues gallery instead of a new blank baddie every week, and the undercurrent of 75 years of mythology to play with...and focusing on what has proven to be the most iconic set of "evil" characters across media in that time - the idea is brilliant - it just remains to be seen what the execution ends up being.

First of all, I wish you'd posted all that in four or five different messages, because it's all worth a lot more than the 1 like I can give it. Great job

I'm really looking forward to Gotham because it's been clear that the city itself is one of the major characters in Batman stories. DC's gotten quite a lot right about how Gotham City has developed as a shared setting over the last 10-15 yrs, and it's been remarkable how consistent GC has gotten as it transitions between various media.

The thing that gives me pause, though, is the simple fact that it going to be on FOX: are they going to treat it like 24 or are they going to treat it like Firefly? They've already fired the guy who approved development of Gotham, as he apparently was not interested enough in pushing shows developed by FOX, so will they really give this Warner Bros property the support it will require?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Sunday Quickee (and aren't they the best kind, really?):

But if you want to know what Disney's contingency plans for MM+ failure is then you should have shown up yesterday at WDW with old, expired tickets.

Yes, for a time, you could have entered any WDW gate, including water parks, with anything that had at one time been Disney ticket media. Everyone was simply allowed in. There is a backup of data, but nothing that was used (I am not even clear if there is an actual way to do this at the gate.) So ... you could have had a free Saturday at the MK or EPCOT or both if you liked.

Oh, and with unlimited FP's too as touch points were put into a default/override mode that allowed every one to essentially turn green, so you either rode immediately or were given free PAPER FP's to return ...

Isn't that special?

You spend BILLIONS on a system that basically has no fail safe when it crashes. You either let in any/every one at the gate or you have a riot that winds up on media around the world within minutes.

BTW, this IS the same issue that resort CMs (recall, one allowed a certain Spirit to 'check out' their little MM+ toy scanner) reported when the system would go down and everyone would have to have their entire bills (food and booze) simply comped because there is only one system with NGE.

You do know that some businesses are moving back toward a cash to pay system, right? And many nations, Japan being one and they aren't tech neophytes, favor cash versus credit?

I'd love to know what the last 30 hours have been like for George Kalogridis, Jim MacPhee, Meg Crofton and Co.

I don't think it's been a great weekend ...

AEfx

First of all, I wish you'd posted all that in four or five different messages, because it's all worth a lot more than the 1 like I can give it. Great job

I'm really looking forward to Gotham because it's been clear that the city itself is one of the major characters in Batman stories. DC's gotten quite a lot right about how Gotham City has developed as a shared setting over the last 10-15 yrs, and it's been remarkable how consistent GC has gotten as it transitions between various media.

The thing that gives me pause, though, is the simple fact that it going to be on FOX: are they going to treat it like 24 or are they going to treat it like Firefly? They've already fired the guy who approved development of Gotham, as he apparently was not interested enough in pushing shows developed by FOX, so will they really give this Warner Bros property the support it will require?

LOL, thank you. :)

Like I said, it may end up being absolutely awful - but it certainly is one solid concept, if they can convince folks (see above) what it is - and what it isn't. That's a struggle that Agents of Shield has had - I understood it from the beginning, and wasn't aware of the "controversy" over it until well after the first half of the season - that folks expected to see Marvel heroes/villains every week and didn't understand that the point of the show was that it was about the "average" folks who support them. I think Gotham is an easier sell, because it's quite clear that this is Pre-Batman, Bruce Wayne is a child - and again, it's got the greatest/most well-known group of villains known to modern media with it.

I am pretty confident we will at least get a full season, if not two - unless it completely tanks - just for the cache of having a "Batman" show on the network as they are reviving the film franchise. I believe it will get a bit more leeway to find it's audience than the "average" new Fox drama.

I also think it has a wide possibility of capturing a wider genre audience - procedural crime shows are consistently the most popular shows on television, and I think there is a good chance that like how Smallville brought in the "teenage drama" crowd, this show just might bring in some of that wider audience.

I wasn't that jazzed, at all, when I first read about it - but everything I have read since then, and seen in trailers, shows me that the guys working on this "get it" - now we just have hope there are a few million folks in America who end up agreeing once we see the final product.

wogwog

Spirited Sunday Quickee (and aren't they the best kind, really?):

But if you want to know what Disney's contingency plans for MM+ failure is then you should have shown up yesterday at WDW with old, expired tickets.

Yes, for a time, you could have entered any WDW gate, including water parks, with anything that had at one time been Disney ticket media. Everyone was simply allowed in. There is a backup of data, but nothing that was used (I am not even clear if there is an actual way to do this at the gate.) So ... you could have had a free Saturday at the MK or EPCOT or both if you liked.

Oh, and with unlimited FP's too as touch points were put into a default/override mode that allowed every one to essentially turn green, so you either rode immediately or were given free PAPER FP's to return ...

Isn't that special?

You spend BILLIONS on a system that basically has no fail safe when it crashes. You either let in any/every one at the gate or you have a riot that winds up on media around the world within minutes.

BTW, this IS the same issue that resort CMs (recall, one allowed a certain Spirit to 'check out' their little MM+ toy scanner) reported when the system would go down and everyone would have to have their entire bills (food and booze) simply comped because there is only one system with NGE.

You do know that some businesses are moving back toward a cash to pay system, right? And many nations, Japan being one and they aren't tech neophytes, favor cash versus credit?

I'd love to know what the last 30 hours have been like for George Kalogridis, Jim MacPhee, Meg Crofton and Co.

I don't think it's been a great weekend ...
I imagine Burbank is already looking at what prices to raise quickly to make up the lost revenue. $5 dollar soda anyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom