The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

twebber55

So the results are in from Comic Con and Avengers and Marvel got beat out attention wise...but a significant margin by none of then DC. Will Marvel keep its track record of record breaking movies or will they slowly go into decline? However Disney did score a win with Once Upon A Time. Maybe its a sign they should stick to adding more of Disney Classic characters in the park and focus on them then focusing on putting Marvel characters in.

comic-con-2014-day-4-infographic-us.jpeg
I wouldn't necessarily go by whats done at comic con to determine what will be popular

flynnibus

Premium Member
So the results are in from Comic Con and Avengers and Marvel got beat out attention wise...but a significant margin by none of then DC.

Uhh.. you were citing a single day source..(which of course is heavily steered by what panels are happening that day) and talking as if it were the whole convention (which BTW.. you will find other sources saying marvel blew away DC). DC brought out Ben ... while Marvel's range was so much greater between the films and TV efforts.

RSoxNo1

I witnessed people at a table not knowing what a risotto was (adult Americans).
I personally believe that Adult Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have risotto and, uh, I believe that our dining like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our dining over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

cw1982

I personally believe that Adult Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have risotto and, uh, I believe that our dining like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our dining over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

Now you're starting to sound like "one of them traveled peoples" who has been to "one of the Mexicos" (and yes... this is something I have actually heard said before).

RSoxNo1

What is it with Disney fans and the whole Marvel BRAND (one that 90% of them had zero interest in before Disney bought the company very late in 2009)?

If you want a Disney Marvel attraction, then go to Hong Kong. They have one opening in two years.
I think it was an indifference before. Prior to the takeover, I suspect that many Disney fans enjoyed the original Spiderman trilogy, possible X-Men and Iron Man as well. However, I think the growth of Robert Downey's Iron Man happened since the takeover. I would also argue that the original Iron Man, Avengers and the two Captain America movies are the strongest movies Marvel has made.

doctornick

I posted the Day 4 panel as that was the Marvel panel and the Warner Brothers Panel with the big reveals.

I'm not really sure how the metric was determined, but if one has much higher "buzz" but similar intent-to-view, isn't that not necessarily good? The choice of Affleck as Batman has already gotten a ton of negative criticism, so is it possible that the "buzz" wasn't necessarily good?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes but he left ATD to start another site.

Recode.net

Sorry, thanks for that. I hadn't followed their more recent escapades... Mainly because I've totally ignored him and his work as lacking independence. Getting their own funding to split off from WSJ and be their own bosses doesn't really change things that much. Great examples of well connected journalists who get preferential treatment from companies... companies that have a proven track record of alienating journalists who don't play along.

Mike S

I think it was an indifference before. Prior to the takeover, I suspect that many Disney fans enjoyed the original Spiderman trilogy, possible X-Men and Iron Man as well. However, I think the growth of Robert Downey's Iron Man happened since the takeover. I would also argue that the original Iron Man, Avengers and the two Captain America movies are the strongest movies Marvel has made.
The Incredible Hulk and Thor were pretty good too imo. Haven't seen Thor or Cap 2 yet though.

Quinnmac000

I'm not really sure how the metric was determined, but if one has much higher "buzz" but similar intent-to-view, isn't that not necessarily good? The choice of Affleck as Batman has already gotten a ton of negative criticism, so is it possible that the "buzz" wasn't necessarily good?

However, buzz means people are interested and are paying attention to it. Especially when it and Captain America 3 come out on the same day.

In Disney terms, Seven Dwarfs mine train had buzz that went viral with the USA Today POV video, however, so did Diagon Alley with its rumours of gringotts derailments, its uncertainity of when it will open etc. Seven Dwarfs mine train had a lot, a lot of pre positive press. Diagon had alright until the day they gave a good look inside to the press and the ride broke down. However we saw how that turned out. I have a feeling this films are going to be the same.

PhotoDave219

You can add GotG into that. Its strong, solid and very well done.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Sorry, thanks for that. I hadn't followed their more recent escapades... Mainly because I've totally ignored him and his work as lacking independence. Getting their own funding to split off from WSJ and be their own bosses doesn't really change things that much. Great examples of well connected journalists who get preferential treatment from companies... companies that have a proven track record of alienating journalists who don't play along.

There are more 'drone' journalists out than one would realize lol. Even ESPN is filled with agenda biased reporters and it's a sports channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom