The Spirited Back Nine ...

Mike S

I loved the aerial footage of Disneyland approx 10 months before it opened, with darn near nothing surrounding it.
I'm watching it on DVR now. One thing I've noticed is when they mention the Great Movie Ride in the beginning the guy refers to the park as "Disneyland's Hollywood Studios." I'm not kidding. It's actually kind of funny.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I answered everything you asked, you just didn't like my answers. If I hacked this site and started snooping through PMs and I found something juicy on Spirit or Steve and I tried to blackmail them with it, it makes no difference if it's on a public site, corporate site or private site. It's the same exact thing.

Let's say I have some connection with Scott Rudin. If you knew ANYTHING about what you're talking about you'd know that was probably the most PC and diplomatic thing he's been caught saying. People's reaction was pretty funny that that's all he was caught saying. Pascal is beloved. It means nothing. Kevin Hart,imo, is overrated and will prostitute himself to anything to improve his "brand". That's true. If I hear that stupid EA rap for Madden again I'll jump out a window. People hate making Adam Sandler films. News flash, that's a running joke in the industry because it's TRUE. You want to get over a "scandal" like this? Do what they always do.... Wait it out.

You keep calling it a garbage movie. You don't know that, and it doesn't matter. If they have all of that information on me I would be very proactive right now in trying to get it taken care of which I'm sure they are. Sony needs to be more proactive fixing their security breaches. I would not back down. More than likely they're going to mess with my information anyway. And North Korea always makes threats like this. I'm sorry, I don't believe they have a nest of ninjas here waiting to blowup movie theaters. And I'm sure there are things they aren't telling anyone about the measures they're using to help protect these people.
It is true no one knows if it's a garbage movie, But it includes Rogen so...

Cesar R M

Couple of thoughts… We both agree that it's not a free speech issue. This is a case of a private entity choosing not to exhibit their own movie which they are within every right to do that. United States government is actually saying to release it… Which might be a first.

So what's the situation in my opinion…? We have a nameless, faceless's group of criminals using the Internet to spread fear. Our government says it's North Korea. Private technology says it may not be. Either way it's an entire group of individuals hell-bent on just watching bought entertainment world burn…

Someone else had brought up the concept that Sony is not afraid of repercussions beyond the rest of their data and emails of being dumped to the world. The problem with that is there is an extreme likelihood that this Shadowy group well most likely dump those documents anyways.

What's apply this chaos to the Disney paradigm… Let's say some Shadoway group has a problem with how psychotic killer robots are portrayed & have issue with the avengers two. Let's say they decide that they're going to do something similar and threatens release documents unless the studio pulls the film… or a bunch of Epcot fanbois threatening to do something if their demands for maelstrom are not met. Slightly extreme in one case and slightly crazy in the other case but they are examples number last saw of what could happen. It's a slippery slope and you just can't give into this.

It's been interesting to see how Hollywood actually works when the Val is been lifted. Idris Elba as James Bond? Where do I sign up, that's going to be fantastic.

I think we are coming at this from two different directions. I really don't believe it was North Korea. I really don't think they have that kind of technical prowess.... And apparently Sony doesn't have much in the way of technical prowess in the ability to keep their own information safe. An entire redesign of how corporations protect their information will be completely redesigned after this.... Because it's a precedent to extort the company has been set. I don't see it as an act of war… And I really don't see this is something that involves nationstates. This is a group of people who are hell-bent on causing corporate chaos. I don't even see this as being about the movie, I've heard it's a total piece of pooh.

Copycats will try.

finally someone says it.
I actually facepalmed when the US officials started to blame North Korea for it.
Not only for the speed they blamed them, but for ignoring other facts.
It isnt hard to have zombie machines all over the world (simple computers infected with a virus or remotely controlled) and make the hack from there.
Almost everything seems to be a quick way to put the attention away from what the real problem was.

Anyone remembers when that grandmah was sued by the RIAA MPAA for supposedly sharing thousands of songs and it was actually a neighbour who had leeched on her WIFI and then infected her personal computer? (making it a personal sharing server) ?

Then when the "demands" of the group were released (the new ones, not the ones asking SONY to drop THE INTERVIEW). They were pretty laughable and akin from those of Anonymous or some smart troll from 4chan/reddit.

Lets also not forget how awful Sony security as been. Same with other companies that refuse to even do the most basic stuff on their IT infrastructure (aka, upgrading software when they reached end of life and are full of exploits. Aka remember TARGET/HOME DEPOT)

Besides, the Sony hack didn't seem the usual brute force method. it seems it was a very clever spoof, phishing and then exploit human stupidity (like the hacker claiming he is from the IT department and asking for the admin credentials). Or extracting the passwords from a backup in one of the front servers.
The statistics dont lie.. 95% of the successful attacks and security breaches, are caused by human errors.

Cesar R M

This is why the NSA collecting all electronic communications is a bad idea because now if someone in power does not like you the government has all your communications which can be released selectively to do maximum damage. Not my definition of a 'free' country.

This time it was hackers, Next time it might be someone in government with hurt feelings effect will be the same. Food for thought
Thats one thing that snowden did show clearly.
Anyone with the correct credentials might have way too much access to information and thus to power.
Can you imagine if some of them mark you as a "terrorist" in the wanted list, just for "cra p and giggles?"
Or if you made a joke on some officer and he took it really personal and decided to get revenge by marking you as "deceased"? (pretty much blocking your banks, credit cards, services..etc..)

You just need to off certain official and you're screwed with these systems.
Reminds me of the famous movie "THE NET" with Sandra Bullock.

Cesar R M

Some interesting reading this morning, especially for folks who doubt who the perpetrators were: North Korea denies Sony hack but warns US - Worse is coming.
Please, tell us WHEN north korea hasn't answered with similar statements FROM ANYTHING.

North Korea will always answer to anything (that involves them in a negative view) with these types of public statements.
This is nothing new.. Regardless of hack or not.

This is akin of Comical Ali answering the global news, on how "there are no tanks in Baghdad" (even if tanks were rolling behind his back). Aka ultra nationalist self inflated statements and reports.

To follow up on my last BH6 post (highlights are my own):

"Big Hero 6 continued its very slow roll-out this weekend by expanding in to three major markets. The most significant of these was Japan, where its $5.3 million haul ranks second all-time for Disney Animation (behind Frozen, of course). It also opened to $1.7 million in Spain and $1.4 million in Italy.

Big Hero 6 has now earned $81.6 million overseas. It reaches Brazil and Australia next weekend, then begins to expand to the rest of its major markets in late January."

- Box Office Mojo

I honestly think that every market should be released almost at same time to dwingle the Piracy threat.
When people really want to see something, they will do ANYTHING to get it.
I remember a lot of people pirated the newer TMNT movie, because it was out in a few mayor countries but nothing in the rest of the world.

Cesar R M

Honestly? Yes. Because it's kept insanely quiet.

The more and more I see about hacking and what's being hacked into, it makes me really want to live off the grid.

The craziest part I think about these texts? People getting system admin credentials through a phishing email… if the end-users would realize that they should never ever never ever ever give out sensitive information to some nameless, faceless email.

We can have the best security in the world and we would still be up a creek because Jean in accounting over there fell for the oldest scam in the book.
Agree, this just did show the total utter incompetency by either the IT or management.
Not giving basic training on computers to the guys having the biggest deepest access to files/servers/systems (Administrators).

Cesar R M

01.gif
E0qjgwD.jpg

I still prefer John McLane just fyi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom