The Spirited Back Nine ...

Nemo14

If this isn't a movie board then why are films discussed here? You always push for non-topic discussions to be booted out of this thread. So why not just add an exclusive movie thread if so many wish to discuss them?

Since apparently the thread allows for movie talk, I don't think people should be forced to use spoiler tags just because you don't want to read anything about movies.

Either don't read this thread or create a separate movie thread.

There are places on this board for discussing movies:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forums/animation-movies-tv.32/
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forums/tv-shows-movies-and-music.141/

Quinnmac000

But the OP mentions TV and shows in the thread so why wouldn't it be allowed. Especially when everything Disney does is related nowadays to TV and Films. Thats like saying we can't discuss Frozen as it is a film or anything Marvel because all Marvel makes are TV shows and films and comic books which isn't Disney World. Yet those thing implicate Disney etc. And casting and trailers are not spoilers. Spoilers are specific plot points or story lines that tell and ruin the story to the point you already know whats going to happen making watching it redundant.

spacemt354

Chili's

Fantastic. Then perhaps all movie related talk should be limited to those threads?

As @PhotoDave219 eloquently pointed out, I'm not a moderator. But last time I checked, neither is he. Therefore, he should not have command over people if they wish to discuss a movie related item (before its release) in a thread that allows for such conversation.

Quinnmac000

(Whistling and shuffling my feet, avoiding direct eye contact) So, how was everyone's Sunday? Did you catch that fantastic ending to the Browns' game? :)

My day was lovely. Sat around the fire watching Guardians of the Galaxy and then all 3 Jurassic Park movies. Hopefully yours was good as well. However don't talk bout the ending of the game!! (thats a spoiler ;))

Quinnmac000

What do you mean? Honestly, I didn't know if they could pull it off, but once I saw the reviews and the movie, I was quite impressed. Really, the Marvel/Disney movies (obviously excluding Spiderman here) tend to step it up a notch for each new movie they make.

Its actually the first Marvel/Disney movie I really enjoyed and has a re-watch factor. The rest I'm one and done when it comes to watching them in particular Captain America, Iron Man, and Avengers. So the fact they made a really good movie for once makes me think it may be just a lucky break.

Ignohippo

Apparently everything needs to be celebrated. Everything needs to be congratulated.

Such is the narcissistic society that we live in.

No, it's simply trying to draw attention to the opening of a $50 million parking garage that's miraculously opening in time for the Christmas season, at a shopping destination desperate for parking, and trying to make the most of obviously a limited budget and trying to use social media to get the word out.

And yes, the opening of that garage should be celebrated (for the very reasons above).

I'm more than happy to slam Disney for their shortcomings every time they deserve it. This, on the other hand, is trying to find something wrong in everything – whether justified or not.

It's nitpicking to the ultimate degree and it's stupid to get bent out of shape over something so minor.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
No, it's simply trying to draw attention to the opening of a $50 million parking garage that's miraculously opening in time for the Christmas season, at a shopping destination desperate for parking, and trying to make the most of obviously a limited budget and trying to use social media to get the word out.

And yes, the opening of that garage should be celebrated (for the very reasons above).

I'm more than happy to slam Disney for their shortcomings every time they deserve it. This, on the other hand, is trying to find something wrong with something that really doesn't matter and that they are doing things as they should.

It's nitpicking to the ultimate degree and it's stupid to get bent out of shape over something so minor.

♫"Everything is awesome....
Everything is great when you're part of a team..."♫

*1023*

TeriofTerror

Its actually the first Marvel/Disney movie I really enjoyed and has a re-watch factor. The rest I'm one and done when it comes to watching them in particular Captain America, Iron Man, and Avengers. So the fact they made a really good movie for once makes me think it may be just a lucky break.
Um, I was in Avengers and Cap 2, so let's show some respect, shall we? ;)

Quinnmac000

What made you not like the other movies? I personally did not enjoy Iron Man 2 or 3 as much as the first one, however the Captain Americas and the first Avenger Movie were pretty amazing. I wasn't really into comic books and never read them, but somehow my boyfriend got me into them and I can see their appeal. They have a great story line and the writers of the movie have written some amazing lines (imo).

The first Iron Man lacked an overly engaging story for me to keep my attention or want to keep paying attention. Captain America the first one was really really really really dry. I saw it opening day all hyped up and then 30 minutes in I was just done. Iron Man 2 suffers from the lack of me even caring about any of the characters which is the same problem Avengers faced. Iron Man 3, I personally was just done of Iron Man. Avengers was more so explosion and action than story that keeps me engaged. Captain America 2 fixed the story being dry problem and it started out super strong but it just go boring towards the end.

I kinda wish Marvel did what Sony did when they rebooting X-men (From First class onwards) but I'm sure @TeriofTerror was great in Cap2 and Avenger :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom