The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - The Board Room

JokersWild

This project was a difficult one. Brainstorming went terribly, everyone was on edge, and, frankly, it burnt me out. This project was a poor performance on my end. I honestly stopped caring - I didn't want to deal with all the bull going on in our team thread.

Aside from this project, however, I feel my performance as a whole this season has been very consistent. I've been one of the most active during brainstorming in each project (including this past one), and, more importantly, I feel as though I've put out good, consistent work, with a few missteps, naturally.

I don't really have a ton to say. There's no need for me to write a long, flowing wall of text in which I detail every aspect of me and why I should stay in this competition. I'd just simply like to say that despite setbacks, I've still tried my best to corral everyone and try to put out something not only I could be proud of, but something that everyone could be proud of. And I think I've been fairly successful in that endeavor. Hell, this is only my second time losing a project this season.

That's my "argument", I suppose. I'd like to thank both Team Mickey and Team Goofy, as both groups have done incredible things this season, and I'm sure they will continue to do so as the season comes to a close.

Matt7187

I didn't do anything this round. Or the last round. Or the round before that. I brainstormed a bit, but didn't so any actual work. Of course there have been some communication issues as well, but I'm not gonna blame that. Personal life got in the way, and I put that first, as I always will. I probably should be eliminated, and I expect that I will. But here is my "argument"..

1. I was a key member of the team before the big kerfuffle, my schedule has just been horrible recently

2. I have experience around here, and made it to the finals season 1, proving that I have what it takes to go far.

That's about it, so good luck to @spacemt354 @DSquared for the rest of the contest, and @JokersWild and @Sam4D23 as well.

Sam Magic

This contest has truly been an amazing one. Despite the big kerfuffle, a few management changes, and other things I believe one could call this season a success. To be a part of that season is an even greater honor.

I will not lie, I was disappointed in my teams loss especially after such an emotional week. However, this week I learned that my team has the ability to work through our problems and create a stunning project. I like to think I helped, but credit must be given to @DSquared who really did a lot to help us out this week. Throughout this entire contest I have been blessed to work with fantastic and brilliantly creative people. People whose passion is art, writing, acting, etc. All of those components have helped me play a role in fantastic proposals and for that I'm deeply appreciative.

Over this past summer I had a lot of challenges with staying active. A month long trip to Europe, school, the death of a very close friend and mentor, and many more things that at times limited me. However, through it all I kept my commitment to my team and to this contest. For me keeping my word and being there when someone needs help is more important than winning a medal or bragging rights. It's what my grandmother taught me, she once told me "Always take pride and honor in your words." Those words really sang to me this week, especially in those times I felt I couldn't go further.

I would also like to thank this contest for letting me show my grandmother some of my work before she passed. During the Marketing Campaign I had her help with the posters...that was the last artistic thing I shared with her so thank you for letting me have one final Disney moment with her.

I would like to thank everyone I have worked with this year, as they all inspired and taught me valuable and important lessons. Thank you: @Brer Panther @Voxel @tcool @englanddg @spacemt354 @Matt7187 @JokersWild @DSquared and finally @MonorailRed you were all great people to work with and I'm glad I had that opportunity. I hope this isn't the end for me, but if it is, again thank you all for almost two months of great excitment, stress, joy, tears, and overall fun.

Vipraa

Due to the lack of participation in the last two challenges @Matt7187, Your Fired. It has been a pleasure seeing you compete this season and its a shame your schedule got in the way the past few weeks. As always, thank you for competing and please stick around and participate in the discussion thread.

sas3memorywall7.jpg

<here end Challenge 7 discussion>

spacemt354

Chili's
I will try to keep this brief.

I joined SA this season for two reasons.

One was because I enjoy imagineering and creating armchair concepts. It's a hobby of mine and one that I was glad I could contribute to. Secondly, it was because I wanted to prove to myself and the community that I belonged among all these talented creative minds. I wanted to do the best that I could for myself and for my team so that when I looked back on the comp, I knew I gave it my all.

While I wasn't chosen to go to the boardroom, I feel as though I should have been. While I did appreciate Tiki's remarks last night, reading them over this morning made me have second thoughts, as maybe I should take a step back.

To research for this competition i watched all of the SA Season 2 recap videos and Elite Eight Retrospectives that were done back in January. I was inspired by them and looked at many projects, Team Air's LoTR, Tintin, both Cruise Ships, just off the top of my head - as next level type imagineering projects. I was inspired by people like @englanddg, @Voxel, @MonorailRed in their retrospectives, and so many more, who would try and do unique things, while sometimes having to take a larger workload to accomplish them or to help out their team create winning projects

I tried to do that this challenge, but it ended up causing our team to lose with a poor group grade. So for that I take full responsibility.

As I said last night, I have a large workload ahead of me, and I won't have the time to commit properly. Team Goofy are all great imagineers, and they can prove to you what they've got. I've seen it first hand - @DSquared, @Sam4D23, @JokersWild, they all have brilliant creative minds.

With that said, I would like to leave SA Season 3. I had a wonderful time and hope to compete again in future comps!

Thank you again to everyone. :)

Zweiland

I will try to keep this brief.

I joined SA this season for two reasons.

One was because I enjoy imagineering and creating armchair concepts. It's a hobby of mine and one that I was glad I could contribute to. Secondly, it was because I wanted to prove to myself and the community that I belonged among all these talented creative minds. I wanted to do the best that I could for myself and for my team so that when I looked back on the comp, I knew I gave it my all.

While I wasn't chosen to go to the boardroom, I feel as though I should have been. While I did appreciate Tiki's remarks last night, reading them over this morning made me have second thoughts, as maybe I should take a step back.

To research for this competition i watched all of the SA Season 2 recap videos and Elite Eight Retrospectives that were done back in January. I was inspired by them and looked at many projects, Team Air's LoTR, Tintin, both Cruise Ships, just off the top of my head - as next level type imagineering projects. I was inspired by people like @englanddg, @Voxel, @MonorailRed in their retrospectives, and so many more, who would try and do unique things, while sometimes having to take a larger workload to accomplish them or to help out their team create winning projects

I tried to do that this challenge, but it ended up causing our team to lose with a poor group grade. So for that I take full responsibility.

As I said last night, I have a large workload ahead of me, and I won't have the time to commit properly. Team Goofy are all great imagineers, and they can prove to you what they've got. I've seen it first hand - @DSquared, @Sam4D23, @JokersWild, they all have brilliant creative minds.

With that said, I would like to leave SA Season 3. I had a wonderful time and hope to compete again in future comps!

Thank you again to everyone. :)
Space, you were absolutely incredible in your first competition. I could see your fingerprints all over every project, and I'm sure there's much more that you did for your team that I can't see from an outside perspective.

Out of everyone I HAVEN'T worked with in a comp yet, you and @Voxel are tied for the top two that I hope to be on the same team with someday. And I can't wait for when that happens.

spacemt354

Chili's
I wish you would stay Space, if it wasn't for you this week we wouldn't have anything to submit. You pulled this team through a week that myself and Jokers were very busy with school and other things.
Well I thank you Sam, but as I said - it'll be tough these next few weeks. You guys go get em!
Space, you were absolutely incredible in your first competition. I could see your fingerprints all over every project, and I'm sure there's much more that you did for your team that I can't see from an outside perspective.

Out of everyone I HAVEN'T worked with in a comp yet, you and @Voxel are tied for the top two that I hope to be on the same team with someday. And I can't wait for when that happens.
I thank you too Zwei. I really appreciate it. I can't wait for that either - it was a lot of fun competing against you guys as you were great competition! I bet it will be even more fun to work with you some day!

Zweiland

I don't think there's much to be said here. I know that I dropped the ball on this challenge and the previous one, and I predict that my schedule will remain pretty packed for the next month and a half due to circumstances that I couldn't have forseen. Unfortunately, that timetable happens to coincide with the end of SA, and it's also why I had to quit The Choice.

If Team Mickey had won this challenge I would have tried to stay in the competition, bounce back, and return to my full potential. As it stands, this is too good of an opportunity to make a graceful exit. I tried never to quit competitions in the past, and now I've learned to be more aware of my commitment level when signing up in the future. So thanks for the opportunity, judges and teammates. It was fun while it lasted.

Also, though I expect and hope to be eliminated, no boardroom post is complete (in my opinion) without a good defense. So for that sake, I would like address the fact that I came up with both of Team Mickey' concepts in the past two challenges, which were both praised by the judges. I think that proves that I was very valuable to my team in that respect. If I had more time in the next month, I could be very valuable on the content side as well.

So, like @englanddg, @MonorailRed, @Voxel, and probably others that I'm forgetting, I would like to step down and be eliminated. I think that puts me in good company. ;)

RMichael21

CHALLENGE 10 BOARD ROOM
@RMichael21 's Plea

Hello all! My name is @RMichael21 and I've been a competitor on The Sorcerer's Apprentice for the past two seasons and I'd like to start this off by saying that I'd like to thank everyone who's hosted, judged or competed in the past two seasons, as I've had a blast both summer that I've participated in. Now, here's why I deserve to remain in The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season Three...

While I would absolutely love and appreciate if I was granted another week in the competition, I believe truly that only those who deserve it should move on. Unfortunately, sometimes everyone in the board room is talented and completely deserving, (like @Zweiland sitting with me here tonight) but I feel like I've had the most to prove coming in and have had the most successful game this season.

Firstly, I'm completely committed to The Sorcerer's Apprentice. While I have had rare moments such as family emergencies, vacations and beach trips where I've had to step out for a day (or two), my mind has never left the competition and brainstorming on what Team Mickey can do for the next challenge. In addition, even though I have joined "The Choice", my priority will be "The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season Three" until the end of the competition. Then, once this competition is complete, I'll refocus my time and energy onto The Choice.

Secondly, I've been able to grow, learn new things and improve this season. I felt that I had a lot to prove coming in this season, having come off a rather sub-far (in my opinion) and distracted game in The Creator Games and having just hosted The Sole Imagineer, I hadn't really competed 100% since last summer's The Sorcerer's Apprentice. So, this season I've tried by best to be open minded about trying new things and honing my Imagineering skills to the best that they can be. In addition, something that I've learned since last season is how to focus on what I think the judges may want in the proposal. After hosting The Sole Imagineer, I have the experience to really get inside a judges mind and do this properly.

Thirdly, as mentioned above, I'm willing to admit and improve on my mistakes which is an extremely important thing for an Imagineer. Those who aren't brave enough to realize that they made a mistake and try to find ways to fix it and receive a better result next time won't be able to succeed.

Fourthly, I put my best effort into everything. Whether it be brainstorming, descriptions, images or editing, I always want to put my best foot forward and try to put the highest quality content possible. That's shown in this highly lengthy Board Room post, as I'm putting my best effort into writing this. :p;)

Finally, I believe that I should stay in this competition because I believe in myself. :angelic::p I know that that sounds SUPER cheesy and superficial, but I truly do know what I'm capable of and that I can do well in Imagineering competitions. :D

And that's all! I'd like to thank @jdmdisney99, @Vipraa and @TheOriginalTiki for hosting/judging this spectacular competition. Thanks to @DisneyPrincess1993, @BrerPanther, @Flippin'Flounder, @IDInstitute, @englanddg, @MonorailRed, @Voxel, @Matt7187, @spacemt354, @Sam4D23 and @DSquared for being great competition this season. Also, here's to @JokersWild, @Bucfan87 and @tcool for being AMAZING team mates this season. And last but not least, thank you to @Zweiland for also being a spectacular member of Teeam Mickey and I wish you the best of luck in the board room. Goon night! :)

RMichael21

Due to the lack of participation and busy schedule coming up @Zweiland, Your Fired. As always it has been a pleasure having you in the competition and hope to see you compete again soon when your schedule opens up.View attachment 111551
<here ends challenge 10 discussion>
I hate to see you go Z. :( You were a great teammate and I'll carry the legacy of the original Team Mickey for ya! ;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom