The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3 - The Board Room

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
sas3memorywall2.jpg

@Flippin'Flounder has been eliminated
<here ends Challenge 2 discussion>

Last edited:

DSquared

First off, thank you for putting me on this team. It's been fun to work with these guys.

Now to my plead. During the competition so far, I haven't had the capabilities of my fellow teammates on the software side, but on the creativity side I've always been enthusiastic and always coming up with new ideas. I feel that I have excelled in detailed writing (specifically the challenge 1 script, and presentation in challenge 2). I know that I may not have too much experience, but each challenge I am able to increase my skill so I can come back stronger each and every time.

Thank you:)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't have much to say.

First, I don't like the addition of a blanket immunity "idol" partially through a challenge (rather, it should have been stated as an objective prior to the challenge...nothing wrong with the addition of it, but for it to be sprung, and grant a LOSING team complete immunity, I take issue with, as you flat out stated...we were 3rd, but due to your personal choice a few days ago...we are here). My suggestion for the future is that the Golden Button can be used, but only confers immunity to a SINGLE player on the team (judges choice). Blanket immunity is not fair to the rest, for a variety of reasons. In a competition like TSI, that makes sense, but with SA? Not so much.

That said, I feel like all three of us haven't been given enough time to prove ourselves. IDI and I both have historical projects to look at, but DSquared has done an excellent job with write ups, and deserves his due.

I'd further argue this team has fought from a lower stance than any of the rest from the beginning. Not saying that DisneyPrincess didn't have valid reasons (I'm quite sure she did), but we were unjustly short handed every challenge, without a chance to bring that back. And, for the first challenge in particular, this situation caused us to lose steam as a team.

Frankly, I don't see the best angle to take with this. While I could easily defend myself with past projects, and state that my abilities have not been well represented, I can likewise state that the team as a whole has put forth inspired and excellent projects that are indicative of us as a team, not any single player.

I want to stay, to see where this goes.

DinoInstitute

Hey there!

First, no matter how this goes down, I'd like to say thank you to Jdm for taking the time to put this competiton together, as well as to my fellow awesome teammates DSquared and englanddg. It was so great to work with you! However, while one of us must go home, I do not think it should be me.

This season I am a completely different contestant than I have been in the past. Last year, I was a rookie that people just thought of as an idea guy, but I have pushed myself these past challenges to really help in a new way. I have worked on a couple of videos, as well as made several graphic images and designs. I devote as much time as possible here, and I am very active. When a temate needs my help, I always gladly do it (for example, pulling out the extra challenge 2 posters). I'm extremely eager to play and have great energy. I contribute many ideas in brainstorming, and never dismiss anyone's ideas (as they say, there's no such thing as a bad idea in blue sky!).

That's pretty much me... I have so much more to prove and really want to keep playing, so I hope you decide to keep me. Thank you! :)

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
First, I don't like the addition of a blanket immunity "idol" partially through a challenge (rather, it should have been stated as an objective prior to the challenge...nothing wrong with the addition of it, but for it to be sprung, and grant a LOSING team complete immunity, I take issue with, as you flat out stated...we were 3rd, but due to your personal choice a few days ago...we are here). My suggestion for the future is that the Golden Button can be used, but only confers immunity to a SINGLE player on the team (judges choice). Blanket immunity is not fair to the rest, for a variety of reasons. In a competition like TSI, that makes sense, but with SA? Not so much.
Yes...I was very close to "abolishing" the amendment...but I decided to let it run its course in edited form for the rest of the comp this year. It is a flawed decision and an oversight. We still might abolish it. It was an idea I had been fostering for a while and I threw it in last minute. But to be frank, you and Mickey could have easily switched places in the rankings with further deliberation from the judges, but we kept our decision quick and concise. Either way, you have lost...
Windu_Angry.jpg

DinoInstitute

Yes...I was very close to "abolishing" the amendment...but I decided to let it run its course in edited form for the rest of the comp this year. It is a flawed decision and an oversight. We still might abolish it. It was an idea I had been fostering for a while and I threw it in last minute. But to be frank, you and Mickey could have easily switched places in the rankings with further deliberation from the judges, but we kept our decision quick and concise. Either way, you have lost...
Windu_Angry.jpg
It has its flaws, but I like how you decided to try and out, can't hurt to try something! Though I don't think it would be fair at this point to abolish it since one team already experienced its reward...;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Windu_Angry.jpg
Oh great and powerful Mr. Yensid, I do not question your decision. It is your comp to run as you please (and you know I bow to your authority over it).

tumblr_mwkarx3ESV1s2589qo1_400.gif

Merely how you came about it was frustrating. <wink>

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
This is definitely the TOUGHEST decision I've had to make in the Board Room in the history of this competition...but someone has to go. With a strong future in creativity, you should stick around and keep up with the forum for a long time. You're quickly becoming a pillar of the community, but in this case, doing more for the final post made the slightest difference. This is hard to say, but, @IDInstitute, you're fired. Thank you deeply for competing and see you in the discussion thread.

TheOriginalTiki

We both agreed that while IDI was substantial in the brainstorming, DSquared was the most productive person on the team overall and you provided the image, while very little of IDI's actual "work" ended up in the project even though he came up with the initial idea. But as we've both stressed this was an incredibly tough call to make. The only thing we agreed on was that @DSquared emerged as your team's MVP for the twenty four hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom