The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 2: International Edition

Sam Magic

While I'm waiting for the submissions I'm practicing lines for a play and making logo's...this one is for a high speed rail system limited to the US South East...try and find the double entendre (the logo features a graphic tie in that relates to what the company/service is about)
6y1dsx.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Challenge 11: The Final Four Disney Cruise Ships? I Think Not...
Four contestants remain. This time around you must compete to design a mode of international transportation; no, not planes, trains, or automobiles, but cruise ships! Each team is required to design the next class of Disney Cruise Line ships...take them to the next level. The class would hypothetically include two ships, but you only need to go into detail about one, because they would be exact replicas. You should bump it up a notch, knocking DCL into the international spotlight as the premiere cruising service, with the biggest, best ships. You should include write-ups for each major restaurant venue, merchandise location, or other recreation areas that at are at your discretion to include (theaters, pools, clubs, sports, etc.). Both teams should try and keep the style consistent with all current DCL ships, but I have a feeling we'll come out of this with two very different ocean liners.

SeaLogo_zps570ce8f4.png

The Disney Wish and Disney Color Playlist

The Disney Wish and the Disney Color

The Disney Wish and the Disney Color are two new cruises that join the Disney Cruise Line Fleet in 2018. These cruises are the most sophisticated in design and spectacular in entertainment on the Disney Cruise Line to date!

Though sister ships, just like any sister ships on the Disney Cruise Fleets, the Disney Wish and Disney Color both share serious similarities and design differences that really bump the cruise line up to the next level.

The Disney Wish's main theme takes inspiration from the 1920's and 1930's. The main lobby features a bronze cast statue of the original, classic form Donald Duck. They also feature a few different clubs and restaurants, similar to the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.

Heritage+Donald.jpg

The Disney Color, however, takes inspiration from the 1960's and 1970's. The main lobby is filled with bright colors and features a bronze cast statue of Kirk Douglas from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

20-000-Lieues-Sous-les-Mers-Image-5.jpg

Entertainment
Similar to Disney Cruise ships of Disney Cruise Line's past, the Disney Wish and the Disney Color feature holiday events and the Pirates in the Caribbean party.

However, The Disney Wish and Disney Color have elevated the expectations of nights on the high seas by including FantaSEA: On the Disney Wish and FantaSEA: on the Disney Color. These Projection Night Shows will appear in the lobby and the top of the cruise ship.

*** The difference from the Disney Wish and Disney Color's FantasSEA is the beginning. Disney Wish Features a Snow White/Princess beginning, while The Disney Color features Ludwig Von Drake singing "The Color Song" in the beginning, then transitioning to the Ariel scene. ****

For More Information

We invite you to explore these two special cruise ships by exploring our site:

https://sites.google.com/site/teamseadisney/

Zweiland

CHALLENGE 11
TEAM LAND'S SUBMISSION

8591778_orig.png
Challenge 11: The Final Four Disney Cruise Ships? I Think Not...
Four contestants remain. This time around you must compete to design a modeof international transportation; no, not planes, trains, or automobiles, but cruise ships! Each team is required to design the next class of Disney Cruise Line ships...take them to the next level. The class would hypothetically include two ships, but you only need to go into detail about one, because they would be exact replicas. You should bump it up a notch, knocking DCL into the international spotlight as the premiere cruising service, with the biggest, best ships. You should include write-ups for each major restaurant venue, merchandise location, or other recreation areas that at are at your discretion to include (theaters, pools, clubs, sports, etc.). Both teams should try and keep the style consistent with all current DCL ships, but I have a feeling we'll come out of this with two very different ocean liners.

dcl_4_ships47104314_4c_orig.jpg

This weeks Project Managers are;

Land
@Zweiland
Sea
@MonorailRed

There is no holder of the immunity idol this week.

This week, as usual, @LittleGiants16, @BryceM, @Matt7187 and @Sam4D23 will all be acting as advisers this week, like Trump's children and associates on the show.

Please provide at least 5 photos and at most 15, in order to display your new land. You are required to have a musical selection posted from YouTube to be played while reading your submission. Everyone may communicate amongst your teams in the PM that I will create and that I will watch over. Ask me any questions there. Due date is Saturday, October 18th, at 5 PM EST. Vacation Days may still be used (this is the last time you will be able to). After you post your ideas please do not get into personal conflicts with the other team about concepts, or actions of punishment will take place.

Good Luck! :)
Celebration Class

Disney-Cruise-Line-Logo.jpg

This challenge was very extensive in scope, so it was necessary to go into detail. Team Land created a website to showcase our new Disney Cruise Line ships: the Disney Celebration and the Disney Discovery, which belong to the Celebration Class. The website helps promote the new class, but also is informative and goes into detail about the specifications and offerings.

The site offers 18 custom Disney Cruise Radio announcements describing their respective decks, and a song to go along with each one.

Enjoy our submission!

CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE SITE.

Last edited:

Matt7187

First off, I would like to start off by saying that I will not be talking about rooms and menus, because i don't feel it would be very valuable. Both teams did that very well.

Team Sea:
@MonorailRed & @Voxel , you guys did an overall great job. I like the statue of Kirk Douglas a lot. Also, the FantaSEA show was very cool, but I did have one issue. You said that it would be in the lobby also, but you did not say anything about it. Your website layout was very simple, and it worked. The slides were easy to navigate, and were very descriptive. I liked that you had a whole deck dedicated to the attractions. Country Bear 500 was by far my favorite, and then Avengers. I liked the idea of Philharmagic, but instead of 6 different versions, I would have liked to seen randomized versions of all of the songs. But that isn't a big deal. The Captains Saloon was a very good idea, but I think it could have worked maybe a bit better as an adults only restaurant. The bars were definitely a high point for you guys, and they were very well done. I especially loved the Adventurers Club, The grid, and the monorail bar. Rave was also a very good idea, and coming from a teenager, I would spend a ton of time there. Lastly, Davey Jones Sports Deck did not make sense to me. I just didn't know why it was themed to him, since he does not really have anything to do with sports, and would be hard to apply him to an idea like that because he is such a dark character. If it was totally enclosed, and dark, it may have been really great. Overall, you had superior bars and attractions, but some things like the sports deck suffer for me. Additionally, you lacked enough music. 3 minutes don't cover how long it took to read everything. Now I'm not sure if the rule for photos was axed, but there were for sure over 15 pictures, but the other group did that too, so no harm.

Final Grade: B

Team Land:
@Zweiland & @englanddg , excellent work on this project. It all started with your website loading page, that was so cool. The intro video was a bit laggy though, and that was a bit disappointing. I was also a fan of mystery nights, and adding an incentive for participating would be a huge success. Bandz tho...
tumblr_maxlxblKyC1rwu9euo1_500.gif

Haha, I was on the edge for bands there. I like the idea of the app, but am not sure how well the bands would work in the middle of the ocean. And with giving guests iPads and iPods, I think it would be better to give them to the guests at check in and returned at check out so there aren't any allegations of them being stolen from the rooms and such. The 20K restaurant sounds amazing, probably my favorite out of all the ships. Silly Symphony was by far your best attraction, but I think you should have put all of the attractions on one floor like Team Sea. All of your attractions, including your solid DisneyQuest, are so spread out. It would be a lot simpler to have them in one area. Additionally, your villages are a cool idea, and make it almost like a different ship every where you turn. Having Splitzville on the ship is a cool idea, surprised you don't see it often on ships. One thing I have a problem with all of the radio disney publicity. It actually recently went bankrupt, and the local stations have been gradually sold off. Eventually, all of them will be gone. But, you guys killed the little details, like the characters on the side of the ship and the itineraries. Actually, the itineraries are the main reason you guys get my winning vote. Those little things that were overlooked by both me and the other team really made the difference.

Overall Grade: A

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom