The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island

RMichael21

Original Poster
I know the dust has settled on the drama, but I have something I'd like to say about this whole thing.

To me, and to lots of other people, all this drama that has occurred over the last 24 hours was entirely unnecessary. The thing is, drama like this has happened so many times on all forms of this fourm.. The SA season 3 chaos, most of the Sole Imagineer (both seasons), the TinTin fiasco.. You get my point.

This drama is really starting to take its toll on me.. It's making me consider leaving the forums entirely. I came here to show my interests and develop creative ideas in a peaceful environment, not a drama-ridden experience of conflict.

If nothing changes sooner or later, I will very likely leave the Imagineering fourm permanently and set off for other passions in life. I really don't want to do this, but I have no choice if this stupid drama keeps up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if I cause more drama out of this.. I just felt like I needed to voice my opinion.
Yeah, I completely understand that. Honestly, this blowup really was very miniscule compared to some previous ones. Plus, the reaction is so strong for The House Cup which is the first non-elimination competition in years, it makes me reconsider if these strategy comply are really the best thing for this forum.

That's why, after much thought and deliberation, The Sole Imagineer Season 2: Redemption Island will be the final season of The Sole Imagineer.

But, that doesn't mean I'm done as a host/judge. I'm looking into replacing my summer slot that was going to be taken up by The Sole Imagineer Season 3 with a fun, Imagineering based, non-elimination competition! So, look forward to that!

Now, I know some of you may be a little upset (or even sad) that The Sole Imagineer is going to end for good in just a few short hours. But, now that I've typed this, I feel a sort of relief. Almost as if I'm laying my baby to sleep (is that weird :p).

TheOriginalTiki

I know the dust has settled on the drama, but I have something I'd like to say about this whole thing.

To me, and to lots of other people, all this drama that has occurred over the last 24 hours was entirely unnecessary. The thing is, drama like this has happened so many times on all forms of this fourm.. The SA season 3 chaos, most of the Sole Imagineer (both seasons), the TinTin fiasco.. You get my point.

This drama is really starting to take its toll on me.. It's making me consider leaving the forums entirely. I came here to show my interests and develop creative ideas in a peaceful environment, not a drama-ridden experience of conflict.

If nothing changes sooner or later, I will very likely leave the Imagineering fourm permanently and set off for other passions in life. I really don't want to do this, but I have no choice if this stupid drama keeps up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if I cause more drama out of this.. I just felt like I needed to voice my opinion.

I can't really speak for what went down during SA3 but I will say that the drama that went down here was ALL me. No one else needed to be involved or pulled into it. It was simply me reacting poorly to criticism. There's no reason you need to leave over that. You're a huge up and coming talent and were lucky to have you here.

Since were waiting on @Matt7187's vote, I'll go ahead and answer his jury question. To tell you the truth that's one of the things that got me in hot water this season. Lots of people went for me asking for momentary alliances. Why that is I can only speculate on being the fact that people know how well versed I am in Survivor. I also think I proved my loyalty towards IDI last season so if were closely aligned there's a chance I'll honor that...of course the situation with Space notwithstanding ;)

The fact that I kept getting dragged into alliances I didn't even ask to be a part of was definitely an interesting development on my end and kind of took the initial strategy I had of going in and playing a less aggressive game and threw it out the window.

Flippin'Flounder

Honestly RM, it's really dissappointing that your not going to do anymore seasons :( This has been by far my favorite not only to compete in, but to watch last year. I feel like it brings out so much great content, as your playing to win, rather than not-lose like other comps. And honestly, when compared to issues like SA 2 and 3, and the beginning of TCG, most of the issues are much less bad. Of corse, it's your decision, but I figured I'd put in my opinion.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Honestly RM, it's really dissappointing that your not going to do anymore seasons :( This has been by far my favorite not only to compete in, but to watch last year. I feel like it brings out so much great content, as your playing to win, rather than not-lose like other comps. And honestly, when compared to issues like SA 2 and 3, and the beginning of TCG, most of the issues are much less bad. Of corse, it's your decision, but I figured I'd put in my opinion.
Yeah, it was a hard decision, but I feel like it'll be better for not just the forum, but me going forward. But, don't worry, my reality show competitions are far from over. My idea for my next competition is... The Amazing Race... stay tuned for more details. ;) There'll be some strategy involved, but it'll be a far more even balance between imagineering and strategy. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
I'd second this too

I have to say...some of the best times on the forums were Episode 1 when DSquared was going nuts. :p

Then at the merge when chaos broke loose:eek: it was hilarious. And if we didn't have this comp we wouldn't have lemon trees:rolleyes::D

I think going forward...I'd love to continue seeing strategy comps, maybe of different reality shows? Maybe just invent our own:p But either way -- core thing about this should just be to roll with the punches and have fun with it. And also a nice mix of laid back no-elimn comps with these types of comps...makes for a great variety.

Too much of the same thing can lead to staleness..so it's nice to have a mix. :)

RMichael21

Original Poster
I'd second this too

I have to say...some of the best times on the forums were Episode 1 when DSquared was going nuts. :p

Then at the merge when chaos broke loose:eek: it was hilarious. And if we didn't have this comp we wouldn't have lemon trees:rolleyes::D

I think going forward...I'd love to continue seeing strategy comps, maybe of different reality shows? Maybe just invent our own:p But either way -- core thing about this should just be to roll with the punches and have fun with it. And also a nice mix of laid back no-elimn comps with these types of comps...makes for a great variety.

Too much of the same thing can lead to staleness..so it's nice to have a mix. :)
I'll think about it... ;)

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I'd second this too

Reality show comps? :rolleyes:

Keeping up with the Imagineers anyone? :hilarious:;)

DinoInstitute

I'd second this too

We could always just do @Sam4D23's House of Cards strategy only competition in the TV forum :p

TheOriginalTiki

So, You Want to be an Imagineer is essentially an original Imagineering "reality show" in that we've created our own rules that are based around those present in Survivor and Big Brother. A good example is the Power of MVP which essentially acts as a morale booster in early rounds but serves a pivotal strategic function post-merge in terms of who the project leader any particular round grants the next round's immunity towards. Definitely makes for a unique dynamic.

spacemt354

Chili's
So, You Want to be an Imagineer is essentially an original Imagineering "reality show" in that we've created our own rules that are based around those present in Survivor and Big Brother. A good example is the Power of MVP which essentially acts as a morale booster in early rounds but serves a pivotal strategic function post-merge in terms of who the project leader any particular round grants the next round's immunity towards. Definitely makes for a unique dynamic.
I know you were mentioning before...but I'd love to play the original SYWTBAI...like without any of the extra twists.

It's like Star Wars: The Force Awakens...you wanna please the masses :p and I think the original like you were describing here is enough new stuff for people to have a great time...because most of us have never played the original.:D

TheOriginalTiki

I know you were mentioning before...but I'd love to play the original SYWTBAI...like without any of the extra twists.

It's like Star Wars: The Force Awakens...you wanna please the masses :p and I think the original like you were describing here is enough new stuff for people to have a great time...because most of us have never played the original.:D

Keep in mind that original, vintage SYWTBAI had no team based element to it and was just fairly generic projects with the weakest project every round being eliminated. I can tell you that @JokersWild will definitely be retooling the "killer" twist for season 13. You can expect the gameplay to have a lot of familiar elements from the season 6-8 era such as project leaders, the PoMVP, and Walt's Vault.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom