The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition - Discussion Thread

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's what makes Downtown so much fun at time. You can't walk 100ft with out seeing some sort of music. I love to just sit and listen.
Oh, have they brought that back? For a few years (when they were shutting down Pleasure Island, say, 2012 and 2013) it was rather depressing regarding streetmosphere / performers.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Oh, have they brought that back? For a few years (when they were shutting down Pleasure Island, say, 2012 and 2013) it was rather depressing regarding streetmosphere / performers.
My last trip I ran into a few acts. It still wasn't as great when they had Pleasure Island but I still saw 3 or 4 acts. I'm hoping for more when it is finished

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My last trip I ran into a few acts. It still wasn't as great when they had Pleasure Island but I still saw 3 or 4 acts. I'm hoping for more when it is finished
Yeah, back when some of the clubs were still open (sadly, 2010 was my first trip back, and they were already starting to shut it down back then...only two clubs were still open, iirc)...but, they had street performers all over.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh my God...a WP live action? @TheOriginalTiki this is what I meant by Disney overdoing it.

Didn't they try and bring that franchise back when the decade first started?
They redid the WP movie, and as much of a fan of it as I am, I've only seen pieces of it.

It...it too much like the original.

I'd...rather watch the original. :p

They ran it for a long time as a children's show, and it was live action / puppet thing. Back in the 80s...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The winnie the pooh thread said disney hasnt agreed to it yet. However someone did come up with idea and proposed it to Disney.
I hope they don't. I'm sick of "live action" remakes...and frankly, I'm sick of CGI.

I'd like to see some of Paperman style enhanced animation make a movie...not just bratz dolls (yeah, that's really all Frozen is as far as character design).

TheOriginalTiki

They redid the WP movie, and as much of a fan of it as I am, I've only seen pieces of it.

It...it too much like the original.

I'd...rather watch the original. :p

They ran it for a long time as a children's show, and it was live action / puppet thing. Back in the 80s...

Darn it, England. Do NOT temp me to post the "Too Smart for Strangers" episode. ;) :p

@Sam4D23 I too am really sick of CGI and I'm hoping practical effects are in for a bit of a comeback with the new Star Wars which apparently uses very little CGI (I find that hard to believe, but we'll see...) I was really excited when I saw practical "puppet" dinosaurs in the Jurassic World superbowl spot, but then about a week later Stan Winston Studios came out and slammed the film for its over-use of CG.

As much as I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe there's one franchise that definitely uses it too much, but at least they use it effectively such as with Groot and Rocket who are two of the most convincing CG characters I've ever seen. The new Mad Max looks like it has a ton of practical stuff in it, though at the very end of the trailer they go CG overload on us and show a huge sand tornado picking up a whole bunch of cars...and like most CG these days it looks like it comes STRAIGHT out of a video game...

And yea, the Paperman style is way, waaaaaay overdue for a full-length treatment. I'm kind of hoping the Polynesian princess movie uses it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I read somewhere that Moana will be made using CGI and not Paperman Style.
You are right!

It was initially rumored (which was my recollection), but apparently they changed their minds. Shame, really...I could see Moana looking beautiful with that technique applied to Polynesian themes.

"Although initially rumoured to be made in hand-drawn/computer-animated technique introduced with Disney's short film Paperman, Musker said that it is "far too early to apply the Paperman hybrid technique to a feature. The Meander digital in-betweening interface still has a host of production issues (including color) that need to be perfected."[6] According to Bleeding Cool, the film will feature a new, painterly style of CG."

tcool

You are right!

It was initially rumored (which was my recollection), but apparently they changed their minds. Shame, really...I could see Moana looking beautiful with that technique applied to Polynesian themes.

"Although initially rumoured to be made in hand-drawn/computer-animated technique introduced with Disney's short film Paperman, Musker said that it is "far too early to apply the Paperman hybrid technique to a feature. The Meander digital in-betweening interface still has a host of production issues (including color) that need to be perfected."[6] According to Bleeding Cool, the film will feature a new, painterly style of CG."
I'm going to assume that Feast also used the new technique. And since Feast used color which was a production issue according to your quote then that means we are closer than before for a full length hybrid film. And with three projects Disney is rumored to be working on , and without a release date (King of the Elves, Giants, and the Teen Space Race Film also known as Galatica) I'm sure one of them might use it. If any it may be Giants that gets it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom