The Shanghai Disneyland spoiler rich attraction preview thread!

No Name

It's interesting that the mine ride doesn't have the cottage scene at the end/

The WDW cottage scene reuses animatronics from Snow White's Scary Adventures, though I'm sure you know that. There is a cottage structure off in the distance at the end of SDL's ride that has projections, but obviously that's not the same as MK's scene.

As for why, I too can only guess. I don't have a good guess, besides that since they didn't already have the animatronics, they decided to go an entirely different route. Hard to see inside of their brains here. I don't think the tree and cottage in the distance looks bad though. I also favor originality and non-cloning, so while I like MK's ending better, I'm fine with Disney's decision.

One unrelated but strikingly odd thing I noticed is that the supports of the bridge (visible right after you exit the mine) look different in Shanghai. It's one of those things where I wonder whether it was done on purpose, or whether it's a sign of what we've heard about the construction workers not following the plans and just doing things the way they think looks best. Because MK's supports do not as conventional as SDL's.

No Name

Any updates on Roaring Rapids? Is Q’aráq (the monster) working yet?
I wonder whether the ride will be running when the park opens in 70 minutes. 70 minutes! Anyway, I think they'd want to have it open, but I don't believe it ever opened for guests during trial operations, only for cast testing and a few extra special guests. The ride itself works fine, it's safe and operation from what we know, so I think they'd want to get it open to help with the lines (and reviews of the park in general).

Does Stitch Encounter suck? Does the Tron ride have the Tron Uprising characters making a cameo?

Stitch Encounter is kind of like Turtle Talk with Crush. It's not a ride, it's an interactive show. It already exists at HKDL, so you could find videos. I like this type of thing, and lots of young families especially do. It may not be your cup of tea. So Stitch Encounter, though I've never personally experinced it, looks cute and fun.

Tron ride, from my knowledge (watching too many videos), does not have any characters in it.

Cesar R M

Since this was streamed earlier this morning that might have been the eve of the grand opening. Also is nobody going to comment about how good Mickey's new head looks in motion?
havent had time to watch the entire thing.. x_x
hope to do so tonight.
I already downloaded the video you linked. So will watch when I have time.

No Name

Are there rides that have been announced that have not opened yet?
No.

Toy Story Land is kind of being secretly built, but it hasn't been announced. And Bob Iger is saying that they're working on expansion plans, but hasn't given specific details. One of the people involved with Alice Through the Looking Glass said that there are plans for a ride im SDL based on the movie, but that hasn't been announced either.

So, long story short, everything that's been announced is open, including all shows, walkthoughs, etc.

brb1006

Ever try to use the Internet in China, much less try to upload something? It's a painstaking process. Also, YouTube is banned, easy to access but officially banned.
No wonder we hardly see any videos of Shanghai Disney outside of its preview from last month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom