The Rose & Crown & Fireworks & Questions

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Howdy all,

I've read that the patio at Rose & Crown is a great place to catch the 9pm fireworks. The latest reservation I could get was 7:05pm with the fireworks at 9. My question is: Would it be A) rude and B) worthwhile to try and stretch out our dinning until 9pm (2 hours later) or am I better off just eating early and enjoying the park and then just finding a spot for fireworks later?

Hockey89

Howdy all,

I've read that the patio at Rose & Crown is a great place to catch the 9pm fireworks. The latest reservation I could get was 7:05pm with the fireworks at 9. My question is: Would it be A) rude and B) worthwhile to try and stretch out our dinning until 9pm (2 hours later) or am I better off just eating early and enjoying the park and then just finding a spot for fireworks later?
If you have to ask if it is rude, you know the answer to the question.... Of course it would be

Goodtimes1

Howdy all,

Why would it be rude, you're a paying customer, enjoy yourself! By the time you're seated, have some apps, entrees, desserts, round of drinks it would be two hours anyway.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've read that the patio at Rose & Crown is a great place to catch the 9pm fireworks.
What makes you think that you'll automatically be given a table outside ??

Your table is allocated on the basis of the next available one to accommodate the size of your party. You are within your rights to turn that down until an outside table becomes free. But you'll be moved to the bottom of the list and, if everyone decides to make a reservation from 7pm onwards stretch for over two hours (as you're planning) then the park will be shut by the time that you're seated.
There is an outside viewing area reserved for guests who are allocated an inside table

Last edited:

TXDisney

We love the rose and crown as a DRINK spot. I've tried eating there and wasn't impressed. We did get a illuminations view table that was the only good thing. My recommendation is unless you love fish and chips... The food there is just ok.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Thanks for all the help everyone, looking forward to trying things out based on the feedback so far.

Thanks for asking this question. I was just thinking the same thing. Will be following to see.

Hope it works out for you. Let us know what you decide.

Keep checking for a later ADR you never know when one might open up! Good luck!

I will indeed, as you say, you never know.

Why would it be rude, you're a paying customer, enjoy yourself! By the time you're seated, have some apps, entrees, desserts, round of drinks it would be two hours anyway.

It's true. Normally I wouldn't think twice about lingering as long as I'm still ordering, but I didn't know if Disney servers would put more pressure to turn tables.

What makes you think that you'll automatically be given a table outside ??

Nothing. I just didn't want to bother writing "assuming I get a table".

We love the rose and crown as a DRINK spot. I've tried eating there and wasn't impressed. We did get a illuminations view table that was the only good thing. My recommendation is unless you love fish and chips... The food there is just ok.

Thanks for the heads up!

Minthorne

Actually you might just have the perfect reservation. Check-in and ask if you can request a patio table. Say you don't mind waiting a bit longer for it. Say you realize it isn't guaranteed. I say if you get the table, as still eating/drinking (and take you time for goodness sake) you will be fine.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Actually you might just have the perfect reservation. Check-in and ask if you can request a patio table. Say you don't mind waiting a bit longer for it. Say you realize it isn't guaranteed. I say if you get the table, as still eating/drinking (and take you time for goodness sake) you will be fine.

That's a great tip, much appreciated, thank you!

KeithVH

This. We have used this strategy several times and either get the seawall or the large table back in the corner. And yes, 2 hours will go fast, especially if you establish a good rapport with your server. They "get it" and we've never had one NOT accommodate us with service adjusted to the necessary pace.

Last edited:

The_Jobu

Original Poster
This. We have used this strategy several times and either get the seawall or the large table back in the corner. And yes, 2 hours will go fast, especially if you establish a good rapport with your server. They "get it" and we've never had one NOT accommodate us with service adjusted to the necessary pace.

This is great to hear. Really looking forward to trying out the suggestions people have shared.

mf1972

just hope the weather holds up for you. 2 years ago we sat outside & we're just getting ready to leave & then it poured.
although the tables have umbrellas, I don't know how well they are at keeping you & your party dry.

DrummerAlly

Howdy all,

A few years ago we did this with a party of 4 with what I think was a 7:00 or 7:05 reservation. I asked when we got there if we could have an outside table and they said they'd try to see if one opened up within a half hour and if not we'd have to be seated wherever available. I thought that sounded great and happily agreed. We were seated around 7:20 right on the water. We told the waitress that we weren't in a huge hurry for our food and she asked if we wanted to stay for the fireworks, so I told her that we'd order drinks, appetizers, desserts and were hoping to. She said that that wasn't a problem at all and she would space our food correctly. We did a round of appetizers, two rounds of drinks, meals, and desserts. Overall we racked up a tab that I'm sure was worthy of the amount of time we spent there. We had a wonderful view of the fireworks and we didn't feel as though we were being rude and the staff certainly didn't seem to mind.

As long as you're eating and drinking during the time, tip well, and are friendly and courteous to staff you can absolutely do this with no problem.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
As long as you're eating and drinking during the time, tip well, and are friendly and courteous to staff you can absolutely do this with no problem.

That's great to know. Hopefully I can get an outdoor table and the weather holds up, I'm really looking forward to this now.

Arty Cordova

My suggestion would be to pass by the hostess stand around 3:00PM. Tell them it is a very "magical" occasion and that you really would like the outside table. They should put this in their notes. Also I believe the latest reservation is 7:30, so it would not be rude to hold the table until closing.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
just hope the weather holds up for you. 2 years ago we sat outside & we're just getting ready to leave & then it poured.
although the tables have umbrellas, I don't know how well they are at keeping you & your party dry.

The umbrelllas are OK for keeping you dry in all but the most drenching downpours

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom