The "Refurbishment Kingdom"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnsemsf

Original Poster
If the information presented to travel agents holds true, there are MANY major and minor refurbishments coming to Magic Kingdom over the next 13 months.

Currently officially scheduled for refurbishment direct from Disney at Magic Kingdom alone are:

Diamond Horsehose
Mad Tea Party
Walt Disney World Railroad
Peter Pan's Flight
TTA Peoplemover
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Swiss Family Treehouse
"it's a small world"

Some of these are major closures, most are minor. Still it seems that Florida is FINALLY getting some overdue attention and will hopefully keep these attractions in top shape for years to come, or at least I the cases of the shorter closures keep them working well enough. Feel free to use this thread to discuss all the closures as a whole, and each individual ride closure has been given it's own specific thread so that it can be linked to when and if the admins validate the closure information. I've never seen Disney publically post so many refurbishment dates for 1 Florida park all at once over such a long period before. I'm hoping this all will happen and more will come. It's long overdue!

In a "world" where refurbishments almost never happened for nearly a decade all these closures over the next year give me at least some hope that the quality I want to see from Disney will be finally presented. What's your take?

Last edited:

lnsemsf

Original Poster
I think it would've been better to put them all in one thread then block up the forum with them, but I digress-
These were just given out to travel agents then recently?

I've followed the way refurbishments are handled here on the forums and on the main site. From what I've seen over the last few years each specific attraction is given its own specific refurbishment thread. It just so happens that a whole lot were announced on the same day. Since each is subject to change and there may be some specific information about what each one is designed to accomplish I created individual threads so that each can be discussed individually, and linked to a specific refurbishment page on the main site. I don't think it's blocking up a news forum when you post a lot of news.

All the information was posted in the last 12 hours or so.

Last edited:

WDWLover#1

I've followed the way refurbishments are handled here on the forums and on the main site. From what I've seen over the last few years each specific attraction is given its own specific refurbishment thread. It just so happens that a whole lot were announced on the same day. Since each is subject to change and there may be some specific information about what each one is designed to accomplish I created individual threads so that each can be discussed individually, and linked to a specific refurbishment page on the main site. I don't think it's blocking up a news forum when you post a lot of news.

All the information was posted in the last 12 hours or so.
Cool. I hope that Big Thunder refurb means what I hope it means.

Disney4family

I just got a newsletter from All Ears that mentioned these.
WDW Railroad - closure extended to Nov 20
Peter Pan - Nov 2-7
Peoplemover - Dec 7-10
Splash - Jan 6-10
Space - Jan 11-15
Buzz - Jan 15 - Feb 11
BTMR - April 4 - July 15
Swiss - July 6 - Sept 24
IASW - Aug 22 - Sept 15
Blizzard - Oct 25 - Jan 2
Typhoon - Jan 3 - March 12
Boardwalk exterior painting - Aug 17 - May 5
Coronado Fitness, Salon, Leisure Pool - closed until Oct 12

Bolt

This year has been full of 5 day refurbishments. Doesn't seem too different.

Kman101

The only really significant one I noticed was Big Thunder. 3-5 days has been the norm so nothing new there really. How much can truly be done in those days?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There are individual threads for each of these, so we'll pass discussion into those. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom