The Prince from Snow White....

Sora

Original Poster
Hey, someone give me a hand here, please? The Prince, did he have a name, or is just known as "The Prince"? I've looked through all my books and resources, and I'm going nuts! This is worse then fighting a horde of heartless with a broken keyblade. Gyahh!

RU42

He is know only as Prince the Disney Snow White stories. He is referred to either as Prince or King's Son in the orignal Grimm tales.

Cinderella had Prince Charming. As close as Snow ever come's is to say her Prince would be charming.

RU

Sora

Original Poster
Oy! Thanks for the info!

That is so strange that they wouldn't give Snow's guy a name to go with his title. I mean, we have Prince Phillip, Prince Charming, Prince Eric...and then Prince....poor guy. I can see it now, as his subjects announce Snow and her man..."The lovely Princess Snow White, and his majesty Prince....Prince."

That poor, poor guy. Oh well....can't win 'em all, ey Prince?

Sora

Original Poster
Whoah,whoah,whoah,WHOAH!

So, there are TWO Prince Eric's? Gyahh!!!! My head hurts......

RU42

If you are saying that Snow White's prince is Eric that is incorrect. If you are saying there was an inaccurate TV show with Eric Charming and Snow White Charming, that is correct. However, that is TV and not in line with the historical stories.

Prince Charming was Cinderella's man. The TV incorrectly gave him the same name. A slight oversight on their part - but it worked. Heck, the TV show alluded to the fact the Eric once dated Cinderella but that didn't work out and ended up with Snow. Sorry - that is just wrong. :) Cindy made an appearance on one episode trying to get Eric back.

It the original tales by Grimm, the prince is never given a name. Nor was he given a name by Disney. he is forever 'the Prince.'

RU

Sora

Original Poster
Originally posted by RU42

It the original tales by Grimm, the prince is never given a name. Nor was he given a name by Disney. he is forever 'the Prince.'

RU

And once again I say, that poor, poor man.....:king:

Bagheera

Think about it. How much did he actually have to do in the movie? He's just a plot device. Someone to administer "love's first kiss" to wake her from the "sleeping death". If he's just eye candy with no substance, what does he need a name for? (Of course, one could make the same argument for Prince Charming, though his name is more a description than a name. But anyway....)

Sora

Original Poster
Yeah, but come on...JUST PRINCE?!?!?!?!?!?! Plot device or no, you would STILL want a name, right? Poor, poor man....(god I'm going to beat this into the ground, I'm sorry now, but it makes me giggle....:p :D

DisneyCP2000

Is this his name? :lol:

Attachments

• princesymbol.jpg
    princesymbol.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 135

Rafael

Formerly he is known as the Prince, but many Disney medias call him Prince Charming. But that would be strange if Disney would call two princes the same. But look what I've just found out. Actually I did some research about the Evil Queen's previous life and the production of the Snow White movie when I found something VERY interesting in wikipedia, when the movie was released in 1937:
"The famous 1937 Disney animated feature, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The dwarves are Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy, and Dopey. In the Disney version, Snow White wakes from her enchanted sleep as soon as Prince Jonathan kisses her. Furthermore, Prince Jonathan and Snow White have met prior to her enchanted sleep, so that he has fallen in love with the awake rather than the sleeping princess, an unusual variation in the Snow White tales.[14] This version of Snow White appears at the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts as a meetable character, and is part of the Disney Princesses franchise. She is voiced by Adriana Caselotti."

See?! So somehow the Prince's name just got lost through the years and he just was re-named by TV to "Charming".
So Snow's Prince is actually and originally called JONATHAN!

*yay* :)

trr1

I remember this show

The Charmings
Snow White, Prince Charming and their family are transported through time to the present day. They try to fit into normal society, despite their unfamiliarity with technology.
Cast
Series cast summary:
Christopher Rich ... Eric Charming (19 episodes, 1987-1988)
Judy Parfitt ... Queen Lillian White (19 episodes, 1987-1988)
Cork Hubbert ... Luther (19 episodes, 1987-1988)
Brandon Call ... Thomas Charming (19 episodes, 1987-1988)
Garette Ratliff Henson ... Cory Charming (19 episodes, 1987-1988)
Paul Eiding ... Don 'King of Carpets' Miller (19 episodes, 1987-1988)
Dori Brenner ... Sally Miller (19 episodes, 1987-1988)
Paul Winfield ... The Mirror (19 episodes, 1987-1988)
Carol Huston ... Snow White Charming (13 episodes, 1987-1988)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom