The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

FigmentJedi

What's Hulk's story? Hulk mad...Roller coaster?

Any coaster is just a coaster, it's what you do with it and how you make the story clear from start to finish. That's immersion.
The roller coaster is a particle accelerator experiment (the tube launch) meant to cure Banner of being the Hulk. It backfires and causes the riders to become Hulks, twisting up the tracks.

CentralFLlife

Most rides will be built outdoors. It's cheaper and TT doesn't cause any big problems outside some crazy guest meltdowns that you get for whatever ride... I saw the biggest meltdown when a lady had to stand in line to get on the handicapped elevator at the Land, who just happened to be perfectly healthy, while it took time to load two real disabled persons on board... She showed everyone by getting so upset she actually used the stairs.

And most times in regards to rain, they just have guests wait in TT to let it pass. Rarely do they shut the thing completely down. And RSR doesn't have the interactive queue that will cause any massive pile ups, either. It's not that big of a deal. You could compare EE to this also. People would just have to wait.
Does EE shut down in the rain? I never knew that

disney4life2008

Popeye is the best Rapids ride on the planet, and Splash is the best log flume on the planet. The rumors of IOA getting rid of Popeye really upset me, since he was one of my favorites as a kid. I really miss the walk around Popeye, Bluto, and Olive characters that used to populate Toon Lagoon as well.

WHAT??? They want to get rid of Popeye - NOOOOO!!!! I agree it is the best raft ride I have been on (with DCA version being second). I also love the log ride at IOA as well

SJN1279

WHAT??? They want to get rid of Popeye - NOOOOO!!!! I agree it is the best raft ride I have been on (with DCA version being second). I also love the log ride at IOA as well

I keep hearing that Universal wants to get rid of Toon Lagoon. I am hoping they leave Sweet Haven alone, but then again when does their contract with Popeye run out?

CentralFLlife

Yes. Every coaster manufacturer has weather related operating guidelines.
Im aware of that, but its shocking to me that everest has to stop in the rain. Although now that I think about it the brakes that stop you as you come to the broken track would probably start to slip in the rain.

Its really shocking considering a 310ft tall coaster takes a near torrential downpour to completely shut down.

doctornick

Without going through all these pages - is RSR on the board for coming to DW? If so, wouldn't that be an exact replica of TT?

Is POTC an exact replica of IASW? Is Buzz an exact replica of HM?

I'm sorry, but it's such a silly question. RSR and TT use the same ride system and have a "car" theme. Beyond that, they aren't remotely similar experiences.

Goofyernmost

Without going through all these pages - is RSR on the board for coming to DW? If so, wouldn't that be an exact replica of TT?
In that it has cars that run on a track, that would be a lot less then exact replica. If the same ride vehicles cannot be used to convey a story, when are we going to tear down HM, SSE, Mermaid, Seas or Pirates and Small world and Mexico. Then there are SM, BTMR, SDMT and RcRC which if memory serves me right are all coasters.

lazyboy97o

Im aware of that, but its shocking to me that everest has to stop in the rain. Although now that I think about it the brakes that stop you as you come to the broken track would probably start to slip in the rain.

Its really shocking considering a 310ft tall coaster takes a near torrential downpour to completely shut down.
In Florida even a slight rain is often accompanied by lightning. Most parks shut down attractions if lightning is within around ten miles of the park.

Last edited:

Fleis76

EPCOT, in spite of it being "dumbed down" over the past decade, is VERY much a complete experience, ESPECIALLY for first time visitors.
Perhaps it's merely a sad reflection of our society in the 21st century, but yes, you are correct that Epcot has been dumbed down considerably in recent years. You are also correct that it is very much a complete experience. I could spend all day in just World Showcase alone, and on many trips I have. One of my favorite areas in WDW to be honest.

Last edited:

DisDan

Yes. Every coaster manufacturer has weather related operating guidelines.

Umm...in 2013, when I last Rode EE, it was raining at AK and the ride was still running. It was not a huge downpur but enough that while everyone was seeking cover EE became walk-on and I rode it like 5 times in a row.

lazyboy97o

Umm...in 2013, when I last Rode EE, it was raining at AK and the ride was still running. It was not a huge downpur but enough that while everyone was seeking cover EE became walk-on and I rode it like 5 times in a row.
Which just means the rain was within those safe operating guidelines.

afb28

Haven't read all 64 pages so if already discussed just ignore, but I'd think that a section dedicated to villains or some kind of trackless villains ride would be pretty sweet especially with the recent involvements to incorporate villains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom