Pre-Trip The One Bachelor Party to Rule Them All - March 2017

Hey everyone! My name is Matt and I am going to Walt Disney World for my bachelor party in March of 2017.

I've been a long time WDW fan and the woman I'm marrying, Melissa, is as well. We visited both Disney World and Disneyland together. I asked her to marry me in November 2015 and we are getting hitched in May 2017. My best friend who is also my best man, Matt H, thought it would be great if we went to WDW for my bachelor party. He knows how much I love the parks. His family are Disney lovers so he understands. I told him we will only do it if we can make it as affordable as possible. So here is how we planned everything.

There are 8 of us altogether.
Me (28 yrs)
Matt H (28 yrs, met in Kindergarten became close friends in 6th grade)
Eric H (26 yrs, he is Matt's brother and became close friends after meeting Matt H)
Art (29 yrs, rode to school bus together everyday growing up. became close friends with him towards the end of high school)
Drew (28 yrs, met in Kindergarten became close friends in 7th grade)
Andrew (28 yrs, moved to my town in 7th grade and became close friends)
Evan (28 yrs, met in high school and became close friends)
Tyler (17yrs, he is my nephew)

So as I said, I would only go if we could make it affordable for everyone. My future father in law is a DVC member and I asked him if we would be able to use points. He was happy to give them to us plus they needed to be used anyways. Since he approved, I was set to start planning with Matt H. We chose on going Friday March 3 - Tuesday March 7, 2017. I chose that weekend because we would miss the Presidents day weekend crowd and the marathon weekend crowd. But i recently found out that the Garden Festival starts that week we are going. Oh well, can't win them all.

Matt H knows that I love camping and thought it would be a great idea to sleep at the Cabins at Fort Wildnerness. I would have love to done this but we just couldn't swing it. We started looking at 2 BR villas. Only a few hotels had the 2 BR villas with both a king size bed and two queens. Since we have bigger guys, I wanted as much space as possible. We originally planned to reserve a room at the Boardwalk but they were unavailable. Instead we booked Bay Lake Towers which was our second option.

Time to book flights. I was keeping an eye on prices and they were sitting anywhere between $300-400 which is usual from Newark, NJ to Orlando. After we booked our hotel, I check the flights and they dropped to $170 per person! I couldn't believe it. Four of us are on the same flight. Evan and Andrew live in California so we waited for good deals to hit before booking. We were able to pay $240 from LAX to Orlando which was another good deal. Thankfully our flights were cheap to help make the trip even more affordable.

We planned on buying 4 day passes and visit each of the parks. Then Disney surprised us with the 4 Day park ticket special. Instead of paying $350, we only paid $300 per ticket. The ticket requires you to visit all 4 parks and we planned on doing that anyways. Yay for more savings!

So what is our plan while we visit there? Well I am not much a party person or a big drinker so we won't be doing anything crazy.

Friday, March 3rd
Most of us land around 4pm so we will travel over to the hotel together by Magical Express. I dont really have anything planned for that night yet since Matt H and Eric will get in a bit later than us. I plan on using Amazon Prime Now to have food delivered to the hotel. I'll have my cart ready to go before I leave for Orlando so by the time I get there, I have to hit order and it will be there a bit later. If anyone has experience with using Amazon Prime Now in Orlando, let me know. I use it in NYC all the time. After that, we may just have a chill night at the hotel and grab a drink or two at Outer Rim. We want to be ready for the next day.

Saturday, March 4th
We will be heading to EPCOT and spending almost all of the day there. We will probably have a late morning start before its time to use our first fastpass. I have passes for Soarin and Mission: Space. We'll eat and drink during the day but won't go crazy. I want to try and watch Illuminations if possible. Still deciding what to do at night. Either go to Disney Springs or check out the lounges on the monorail loop. TBD.

Sunday, March 5th
Heading to Animal Kingdom today. We have fastpasses for Everest and the Safari. We have our celebration dinner at Trails End Restaurant in Fort Wilderness at 815PM. Since we couldn't stay at Fort Wilderness, thought this would be a good idea. Plus it is a buffet and the price is affordable. Maybe we will do the lounge crawl that night. Not too sure yet.

Monday, March 6th
This is our last full day and we are spending the entire day at Magic Kingdom. I have fastpasses for Seven Dwarves mine train, Space Mountain and Pirates. Lunch reservations at Skipper Canteen. Park closes at 8PM that night so not sure what we will do afterwards. Definitely watching the fireworks though.

Tuesday, March 7th
Since this is a short day and most people have late afternoon flights, we will be heading to Hollywood Studios to end the trip. I have passes for Toy Story Mania and Star Tours.

So as you can see, my plans are pretty loose as of right now. I would love to hear suggestions. I also didn't make a lot of ADRs because table service meals are expensive and I'm trying to keep the spending down. I figure we will eat mostly Quick Service meals and snacks we have bought from Amazon. Let me know your thoughts or opinions and I'll be updating along the way!

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The monorail lounge tour sounds like a blast. My husband and I did that on our own last June. We will be at Rivers of Light on that day as well, we are doing a dining package.

Awesome! If you see a group of 8 guys and me wearing my disney button, say hi!

prfctlyximprct

Yea! Come meet us and bring the fiance ha! Quick story time...
My best friend (also my best man) have wanted to go to Disney World together since we were kids. We are finally doing it on this trip. After I got engaged he brought it up to me about going to WDW for my bachelor party. I was all for it! We always wanted to stay at the Fort Wilderness cabins but it just wasn't doable with all the guys coming with us. I'm glad we are finally able to go to Disney World together after all these years. 15 years or more maybe? It's been a long time.

You will have such an awesome trip! It will allow you and your best man to slip back into "your childhood" so to say... and it will be like old times! I am glad you are going to Disney together too! What a great story. Better late than never, and what a way to go! To celebrate! :)

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You will have such an awesome trip! It will allow you and your best man to slip back into "your childhood" so to say... and it will be like old times! I am glad you are going to Disney together too! What a great story. Better late than never, and what a way to go! To celebrate! :)

Yea! I forgot to mention that I'm also best friends with his brother who is coming on the trip as well. He's been a part of that dream as well. So it's nice that we are all going together.

Also, did you write a trip report in 2013 about you and your best friend?

prfctlyximprct

Yea! I forgot to mention that I'm also best friends with his brother who is coming on the trip as well. He's been a part of that dream as well. So it's nice that we are all going together.

Also, did you write a trip report in 2013 about you and your best friend?

Yes I did! I went with my childhood best friend in 2013, then we did Disney/ cruise in 2014! Both were amazing! We want to go back again together.. thinking 2018! :)

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Yes I did! I went with my childhood best friend in 2013, then we did Disney/ cruise in 2014! Both were amazing! We want to go back again together.. thinking 2018! :)

Knew it! I just wanted to tell you that I loved that trip report. In 2013, I was going back to WDW for the first time in 9 years. Your trip report got me so excited for my visit. I'm going to read through your 2016 trip report! I just saw that it was linked in your signature.

prfctlyximprct

Knew it! I just wanted to tell you that I loved that trip report. In 2013, I was going back to WDW for the first time in 9 years. Your trip report got me so excited for my visit. I'm going to read through your 2016 trip report! I just saw that it was linked in your signature.

Thank you! I ate at so many places I feel last trip, maybe it will help LOL! Glad you enjoyed!

zeebs758

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Here is the finished Disney button that I created! It is a 3.5" button. If you didn't see my earlier post, I found this website which had templates to create the button. I image of the hat and ears I found through google search. It was a low res image and I retraced it using Illustrator. Originally I bought the 2.5" buttons that were linked on the site but they were way too small. If you use the Photoshop template, I recommend you bumping the image size up to 3.5" instead. This is a much better size. Here is an Amazon link to the 3.5" buttons that I purchased. It shows that it is an add-on item but I was able to purchase them with buying anything else off Amazon.

If anyone wants to do this for their trip and has any questions, let me know!

5CAYIEq.jpg

amjt660

Premium Member
Here are a couple updates on the trip so far.

1. On Friday when we arrive, we decided that we will do a monorail lounge crawl. I figured it would easiest to do for our first night. Plan is to head to the Poly first and visit the lounges there. Then we will grab a drink over at the Grand Floridian and we will end at the night at the Contemporary. We won't be going crazy because we will start at Epcot early the next day.

2. I was able to book fastpasses for Rivers of Light on 3/5! I'm really excited for that and I'm so happy they opened it before we go. We had an ADR at 815pm for Trails End in Fort Wilderness but I pushed it back to 9PM. After the show is over, we will go directly to FW and I'll try to see if they will take us early.
Love the lounge crawl idea
I am getting too old to drink around the Epcot world but this one seems more manageable

Max

joshsprincess921

Matt, I heard your trip report on the Be Our Guest Podcast this morning! It all sounded so familiar and I remembered reading your pre-trip report and after reading through it again, it most certainly sounds like it was you. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!
Good luck on your quickly approaching wedding!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom