Pre-Trip The "OMG I can't believe we actually get to go now!" Pre-Trip Report

A LITTLE BACKGROUND

Hello again! It's been less than five months since our last WDW trip, but circumstances have allowed us to quench that Disney thirst once again! I'm starting a new teaching job in September that will make it difficult to travel until at least December. We have planned and then had to cancel a few trips in the past due to last-minute work coming up (we are both do freelance work and can't exactly say no to a big opportunity). So we figured, why the heck not go to Disney while we know we have time?

I am singing in an opera production this weekend and my in-laws are driving from Florida to see the last performance. After a few days of doing New York tourist-y stuff we are all driving to Wisconsin to see DW's extended family and celebrate the Fourth. Then, instead of immediately flying back to New York, DW and I are flying to MCO, boarding the Magical Express, and checking into Disney's Coronado Springs Resort!!! We got a great discount on the room. In fact with the discount CSR was only about $10 more per night than Pop, our usual destination.

As you may know, my DW and I are Epcot fanatics and both grew up in north Florida so we have been to Disney hundreds of times throughout childhood.

Who: Me (B) and my DW (M), both mid-twenties, together for eight years, married since October, no children

What: An unexpected semi-last-minute Disney trip!

When: July 2015

Where: Coronado Springs

Why: I'm starting a new job in September that will make it difficult to go to Disney again until December! We are celebrating the job! I will have just finished a big opera production and we're celebrating that too!

How: Room discount, SWA flights, Target RedCard 5% gift card discount

THE PLANS

Thursday
  • Arrive MCO around 10am, board DME, check in CSR, hope room is ready! If not, leave carryons with Bell Services and head to...
  • Epcot! Our favorite park ever! Late (3:00) lunch at Biergarten (for the first time!). Late afternoon/evening FP+s for Mission: Space, Soarin, and Spaceship Earth. Then monorail to...
  • Magic Kingdom, which is open until midnight! Perhaps make a FP+ selection or two if anything is available, or just look for shorter wait times and enjoy the magic!
Friday
  • Haven't decided whether to do rope drop at MK or sleep in a little since we will have been up for almost 24 hours the day before. In either case...
  • Lunch at BOG! First time at BOG! We've already ordered the vegetable quiche, quinoa salad, and two Master's Cupcakes! Then, monorail back to...
  • Epcot! We can't stay away for long! No FP+s yet for this day as we currently only have 4-day Hoppers (will be upgrading once we get there) and this was the day we decided not to worry about because we will be...
  • Drinking Around the World! We were successful on the last trip by sharing drinks at each country so the total is 5.5 drinks each not 11 drinks each! However, we may get our own drinks in Canada because we have a reservation at...
  • Le Cellier for dinner! Somehow, as many times as we have been to Epcot, we have never eaten here. Since we're vegetarians we'll likely share whatever the seasonal entree is as well as some salads or appetizers. And OF COURSE the pretzel bread! Then...
  • Illuminations from somewhere in the park and Extra Magic Hours from 9:00-11:00! Or maybe we'll be in line during Illuminations for some ride or another since we've seen the show plenty of times. Either way, EMH are happening!
Saturday
  • Definitely a sleep in morning. We'll take the bus to MK then monorail to...
  • Polynesian Village Resort for a late breakfast at Kona Cafe. We've had lunch there but not breakfast. So many firsts on this trip even though we've been so many times! This afternoon is still open. We may hit DHS or AK, or even DTD, or just back to CSR for pool time (I MUST ride that water slide!) Eventually we will make our way back to...
  • Magic Kingdom! We have FastPasses for 7DMT, SM, and BTMR, then we'll either get another FP+ or do some shorter queue rides. Hopefully we'll see Wishes, and then it will be time for EMH from 11:00-1:00! I don't know if I've ever done EMH at MK. I'm absurdly excited!
Sunday
  • We may be crazy and we might be exhausted from the night before, but we're going to do morning EMH at AK! We have late morning/early afternoon FP+s for DINOSAUR, Finding Nemo, and Expedition Everest. We plan to stay at AK and do as much as possible until 4:00 or so, when we will take the bus to...
  • AKL for an early dinner at Sanaa! We have eaten at Boma but never the other AKL restaurants. As I am typing this I really can't believe how many firsts we are doing on this trip! We're hoping to see some animal action since we'll be there during the daylight. Then it will be time for...
  • DHS until closing! Since we won't have an FP+s at DHS and may not be able to get any by the time we get there we will hit at least one big attraction queue right before closing. It will be a relatively early bedtime for this trip.
Monday
  • Another early morning since we managed to get an 8:00am breakfast at BOG! Hoping to do 7DMT again right after breakfast and maybe some other stuff. The late morning/afternoon is open for either staying at MK, park hopping, or spending some time at the resort. Then we'll head to...
  • DHS! We have FastPasses for the Frozen Sing-Along, Star Tours (haven't been on the new version!), and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster! Then it will be time for late EMH until midnight!
Tuesday
  • Our last day ): We cannot resist Epcot EMH, be they morning or evening, and it's tradition for Epcot to be the first and last park we visit, so of course we're going to be there right at 8:00am! Maybe we'll get lucky with a short line for Soarin' or Test Track! Then we'll have breakfast (maybe including a mimosa) at Les Halles in France and say goodbye to each country and attraction we have time for. We booked a late-ish (6:00pm) flight back to Newark so we won't have to be back to our resort until it's time for...
  • Our afternoon Tragical Express ride back to MCO, 6:00 flight, and late Uber back home.
TO SUMMARIZE

ADRs:

• Be Our Guest breakfast
  • Be Our Guest lunch
  • Biergarten lunch
  • Le Cellier dinner
  • Kona Cafe breakfast
  • Sanaa dinner
Dining locations we hope to enjoy without a reservation (either because they don't take them or we may not need one):
  • Rix Lounge for the Margarita Flight, or
  • Maya Grill for the Margarita Flight AND secret vegetarian menu enchiladas
  • Golden Oak Outpost for some Tex-Mex Waffle Fries
FP+s:

Epcot
  • Mission: Space
  • Soarin'
  • Spaceship Earth
Magic Kingdom
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
Animal Kingdom
  • DINOSAUR
  • Expedition Everest
  • Finding Nemo The Musical
Disney's Hollywood Studios
  • For the First Time in Forever
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  • Star Tours
Other must do attractions

Epcot
  • Ellen's Energy Adventure
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Test Track
  • Vegetable Boat Ride. Er, Living with the Land
Magic Kingdom
  • Carousel of Progress
  • TTA PeopleMover
  • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
That's it for now! Over the next couple of weeks we'll be tweaking and re-tweaking I'm sure! SO EXCITE!

Last edited:

JasonDeyoung

Have a great trip! CSR is a great resort, a lot of ppl complain it's to big. When I stayed there the last time. I was at the furthest building from the lobby and I didn't mind the walk at all. The theming is cool. Lounge on property is nice. Bus wise it's not really far from anything, does have a few stops but it's still nothing horrible. Has a direct service so you won't share with other resorts. Anyways, enjoy. Have a great time! July is really hot here lol be prepared :)

bee

Original Poster
Have a great trip! CSR is a great resort, a lot of ppl complain it's to big. When I stayed there the last time. I was at the furthest building from the lobby and I didn't mind the walk at all. The theming is cool. Lounge on property is nice. Bus wise it's not really far from anything, does have a few stops but it's still nothing horrible. Has a direct service so you won't share with other resorts. Anyways, enjoy. Have a great time! July is really hot here lol be prepared :)
Thanks for the advice and info! Since we lived in Florida for so long we are hoping the heat won't be a huge shock. The dedicated bus service at Pop is one of the reasons it's our favorite value and that was definitely a factor in choosing CSR over the other moderates.

JasonDeyoung

Thanks for the advice and info! Since we lived in Florida for so long we are hoping the heat won't be a huge shock. The dedicated bus service at Pop is one of the reasons it's our favorite value and that was definitely a factor in choosing CSR over the other moderates.
Sorry, I just seen you use to live in N Florida. So hopefully it won't be to bad for you then :) Just this dang humidity ugh lol. Direct bus lines are defiantly nice! I stayed at PoP few weeks ago and the bus system was pretty nice

OSUgirl77

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! Love your ADR choices, especially Sanaa. It's become one of my favorites on property. Excellent food and amazing views, I think you'll really enjoy it.

12in12

So happy you are going again. I enjoyed your last TR, you girls sounds like my kind of Disney people. I hope you will write a TR as soon as you are home. Especially interested in the vegetarian food as I am 95% vegetarian myself these days. ( just can't seem to say no to bacon)

bee

Original Poster
Sounds like you have a great trip planned! Love your ADR choices, especially Sanaa. It's become one of my favorites on property. Excellent food and amazing views, I think you'll really enjoy it.
We're really excited! They seem to have great vegetarian choices.
So happy you are going again. I enjoyed your last TR, you girls sounds like my kind of Disney people. I hope you will write a TR as soon as you are home. Especially interested in the vegetarian food as I am 95% vegetarian myself these days. ( just can't seem to say no to bacon)
Thanks for reading our last Trip Report! We're definitely planning to take pictures of all the food and drinks like last time! Writing the TR last time was almost as fun as the trip itself.

Last edited:

FlaggNL

More than great plans! Hope you will have a more than great, marvelous and magical time and maybe a TR after arriving home :)

officialtom

We stayed at CSR a few years ago. We really did like the resort, and the only issue we had with it was the way the QSR works. Being table served and having to tip for fries just seems odd, especially when the service is very very light.

We would stay there again if we got a deal that blew us away, but for now, we're sticking to POR!

bee

Original Poster
Wardrobe update! Normally we go to WDW in the fall or winter when it's cool(er) and we can wear somewhat "normal," but still casual, clothes. We are afraid we will be way too hot in what we'd prefer to wear, so today we went to a local thrift store and bought a bunch of second hand Disney shirts! They were all priced about $3-$5, plus Monday is 25% off day so they were even cheaper than that! Some are ride specific (I have a Haunted Mansion one) and some have more of a general Disney or Disney Parks theme.

bee

Original Poster
More than great plans! Hope you will have a more than great, marvelous and magical time and maybe a TR after arriving home :)
There will certainly be a TR! Last time I thought I'd be terribly sad writing the report but instead of missing WDW too much I got to relive the whole trip!

We stayed at CSR a few years ago. We really did like the resort, and the only issue we had with it was the way the QSR works. Being table served and having to tip for fries just seems odd, especially when the service is very very light.

We would stay there again if we got a deal that blew us away, but for now, we're sticking to POR!
Hmmm, it's been a loooooong time since I ate at their QS so thanks for the advice. I'm not sure if we'll have time to eat there since we're planning to bring our own breakfast foods for in-room and we'll be out at the parks for most lunches and dinners.

Following along! Sounds like a great time!
Thanks for following! :)

FlaggNL

There will certainly be a TR! Last time I thought I'd be terribly sad writing the report but instead of missing WDW too much I got to relive the whole trip!

I totally understand. At first you feel sad because the trip is over but reliving is also great :) And off course we all like to read about your trip :)

bee

Original Poster
tumblr_nqrflx3HGP1un92rjo1_1280.jpg

The total for all of these was $16.50! You can't buy ONE shirt in the parks for that. And the green one is brand new with tags and everything!

ScarletBegonias

I love the green one!!! Very cool!

I thought about trying to buy all Disney shirts from goodwill and such. Could be a fun adventure for the summer!

12in12

Love the shirts! And especially love it that you got them for such a good price.
Can't believe the green one still had tags on it. Guess not everyone like Disney shirts. I am going for a solo trip end of August and also had to think about my wardrobe. You know you are Disney obsessed when you buy a dress because it would be perfect to wear to AK;).

bee

Original Poster
I can't believe we are a week away from Disney!! The road trip fr NJ to WI began yesterday. I'm double-checking our ADRs and FPs. I've been looking for a new BOG dinner; we actually do have one reservation for a dinner but the day is pretty inconvenient for the rest of the plans. If a better one pops up I'll take it.

By the way, DW's parents are also Disney lovers and for awhile in the car we were doing WDW trivia quizzes :)

Edit: WHAT DO YOU KNOW I just got BOG dinner for a night we are already in MK!

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
Updates!

We are four days away! This time in four days (if all goes as planned) we will be either in line for DME or on the bus!

Since I got BOG dinner on one of our MK days I canceled the lunch we had early in the trip. I also moved my Kona breakfast reservation a day earlier. Now the timing works out so that we have more free afternoons for either catching up, redoing our favorite things, or just relaxing at the resort.

Yesterday we also purchased basic travel insurance. If you read my last report you know we were grateful to have it when we got stuck in Orlando for an extra three days.

Now it's time to meet my wife's cousin, her husband, and their just over one month old son!

FlaggNL

You're almost there :) Have a safe trip and a magical and marvelous stay! Keep us informed with a TR afterwards? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom