1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Walking Dead Thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows, Movies, and Music' started by MississippiBelle, Apr 19, 2016.

1. MississippiBelle

MississippiBelle Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! I noticed we didn't have a full Walking Dead or Fear the Walking Dead thread, so I thought I would start one. What did everyone think of TWD finale and this season of FTWD?

I was pretty disappointed with TWD finale and the last full season in general. Lots of great moments for sure, but they have pulled the "build it up on social media and then end in a cliff hanger" one too many times. My bet is they won't even show who dies in the last episode until a few episodes into the new season...

FTWD is kind of promising, but it's very hard to watch the characters make the same mistakes and rehash the same dilemmas that our group from TWD has already been through. Also, I've never wanted to throttle teenagers in a show more than I have Alicia and Chris. I mean come on! Chris just decides to take a fully clothed swim? Alicia thinks that radioing a stranger your location is a good idea? Pull it together, kids!!

Shout out to @DfromATX for asking about a dedicated thread!

DfromATX likes this.
  2. DfromATX

DfromATX Well-Known Member

Great idea! I watch both those shows. I've watched TWD since the beginning, but I am getting tired of it. I'm sure I'll hang in there though. Who do you think died? I say Glenn or Daryl.

At first I wasn't sure I'd like FTWD because of the teenagers. One was a snot and one a drug addict, not much to like there -- but I guess Little Johnny Depp is growing on me. Just wish he'd brush his hair and put different clothes on!

3. DarthMileZ

DarthMileZ Well-Known Member

Im a massive a fan of the series, i followed it since it the first season, i really thought it would get canned after the first season but then everyone got hooked.

**SPOILERS**
    **SPOILERS**
    **SPOILERS**
    I think Abraham will die, they started that love interest with Sasha so i think they will kill him and she will lose it and go after Negan all by herself and end up dead. or its the other way around and Sasha gets it.

I couldn't get into FTWD, i just found the entire idea of the show a bit pointless. i kinda liked the mystery of the TWD and what came before it.

4. MississippiBelle

MississippiBelle Well-Known Member Original Poster

I really hope it's a major original group character like Glenn or Daryl to be completely honest. If we go through all of this again and it's a side character, I might have to be done (probably not let's be honest). I don't think it'll be Glenn because they've already been through his death, grieving, and resurrection. I know it wasn't Carl or Rick, based on what Neegan said before he started the beating. I think it was someone towards the middle of the lineup just based on what you could see at the end but who knows.

I can definitely see Abraham dying. It would be disappointing though because A. Abraham is a great character and B. They played it up like it would be one of the original main group characters so to me this would be a bit of a cop out.

5. DfromATX

I think it will be a main character (but I hope not). Only time will tell if I keep watching FTWD. I thought it was interesting to see their perspective of before it all went down. But I also think the characters are not as likable as those we've grown to love on TWD.

6. DfromATX

Hey, are y'all still here? I came here to ask what you thought of the new season. I really dislike Negan. I'm hoping pretty soon they figure out something to revolt against him. My guess is the Savior group and Rick's group will team up, maybe some of Negan's own group will revolt against him. Also, I thought it interesting that Rick finally said Judith wasn't his and mentioned Shane. I always liked Shane. Also, FTWD has grown on me... I like it a lot!

7. mf1972

mf1972 Well-Known Member

i forgot his name. the guy with the half burned face on TWD. i can't wait to see this guy meet his demise, & i hope daryl gets to do it.

Courtney6682 likes this.
  8. hakunamatata

hakunamatata Half of your Disney Vacation is mine! Premium Member

I like both. I'd love to see a third based of what is going on in DC/federal government.

njDizFan and mf1972 like this.
  9. mf1972

mf1972 Well-Known Member

the possibilities are endless

10. DfromATX

LOL I don't know his name either. I just call him "ugly man."

mf1972 likes this.
  11. DfromATX

I admit I didn't like FTWD a whole lot at first, but I do now.

12. mf1972

mf1972 Well-Known Member

it's not a bad show. just had a different pace than TWD in my opinion

13. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

Lots of spoilers in the comics...providing they keep to them of course.:cool:

14. hakunamatata

Dwight.

IMG_1707.JPG

DfromATX likes this.
  15. hakunamatata

Im getting the copendiums for Christmas. :happy:

Master Yoda likes this.
  16. Master Yoda

That should get you right through Negan and up to the new villain that makes Negan look like a cute little kitty cat.

17. mf1972

mf1972 Well-Known Member

jeez...gets worse than negan, huh?

18. Master Yoda

If they follow the comics, which there is no guarantee they will. They have deviated quite a bit in the past.

While I like the threat after Negan, I am not sure how it would play on TV.

19. hakunamatata

Good grief. Worse than Negan?

20. Master Yoda

Well, not as sadistic as Negan, but more calculating, creepy and with a much greater body count at the start.

hakunamatata likes this.