The Official (Maybe a) Hurricane Karl thread

Tim G

Original Poster
ATTENTION

I'm not trying to be rude, and well aware of the fact that Hurricanes are one of the worst thing that can happen to someone!!!

NeverTheLess a Joke I found in one of the newspapers...

Hoping THIS will never happen...

Attachments

• cartoon.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 168

The Mom

Premium Member
Anyone remember Opal? Corrus, maybe you could find out the furthest we ever went in the alphabet? Far as I can tell, there could be at least 4 more. Fortunately, most of them usually fizzle out, or go out to sea (like Karl appears to be doing) so are only navigational hazards.

Atta83

The Mom said:
Anyone remember Opal? Corrus, maybe you could find out the furthest we ever went in the alphabet? Far as I can tell, there could be at least 4 more. Fortunately, most of them usually fizzle out, or go out to sea (like Karl appears to be doing) so are only navigational hazards.

I remember going all the way to Roxanne in 1995 I wanna say. Not sure if we went any farther.

Figment1986

looks like Karl is heading for europe.. maby the northpole...

(when was the last time a tropical system hit their?? or hit the UK?)

PixyDust

PhotoDave219 said:
Looks l;ike the cold front that is dragging the remnants of Ivan east will push both Jeanne and Karl north and drag them out to sea...

Hard to believe that since this post, Ivan reignited, and Jeanne did come to Florida. Let's just hope it's over with! I leave for WDW this weekend!

PixyDust

Atta83 said:
I remember going all the way to Roxanne in 1995 I wanna say. Not sure if we went any farther.

I just found this on orlandoweather.com:

How Far Down The Alphabet Have We Ever Gone Naming Hurricanes?
Thursday, Sept. 23, 2004

Dear Dave: What is the furthest down the alphabet we've ever gone in one hurricane season? Derick Pitcher, Longwood

Dear Derick It wasn't until 1953 that names were formally used to identify storms. You don't have to go back that far, however, to find the busiest year. Tanya was the 19th named storm in 1995. There were 21 storms in 1933, but names were not used at that time. --Dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom