The Official Hurricane Jeanne thread

Several areas of Highway 50 (Colonial Drive) are underwater. The section that passes over Lake Sherwood has lost the guardrail and part of the side of the road due to the waters on that lake rising. Dr. Philips area is underwater. There are several houses in the Winermere area with trees and powerlines down. My area got hit much harder than any of the other storms.

Figment1986

Pasco Scools had minor damage at 5 schools... and power out in a toltal of 36... Power is slowly being restored to thsoe schools... Maby school will resume tomorrow.. hopefully...

(Remember when i hated school.... amazing what a senior spirit week getting trashed can do...)

NitroStitch

Corrus, thank you for posting the radar images of Jeanne's progress through Florida. I'd lost power early Sunday morning and just got it back Tuesday night, so I had no idea of the exact path or what part hammered our area. Pretty impressive, and we were still lucky here. I can't imagine how much worse things were for those closer to the eye. Other than throwing out all the food and being hot hot hot. I don't think I'll take electricity for granted for quite a while! :sohappy:

I was at Pop Century during Jeanne. They didn't give us the ok to leave our rooms until 8:30pm Sunday, though there were tons of people outside long before that (Including this weird family that stayed outside all day, they just brought out chairs and sat outside for hours :hammer: ) Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto all came by to make sure we were Ok. There were some downed trees but no real damage that I could see.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Figment1986 said:
Verry minor damage to my School.. BGT had monor danage, and lsot some tents and 2 haunted houses that were inside them....
Heard about the two houses for H-o-S....will they be ready by tomorrow night?

Well, Palm Beach County public schools don't have to go back until Monday, but I had to go back yesterday...... :rolleyes:

cru5h

We evacuated to my b/f's brother's house. The power finally went out around 11PM. We all tried to sleep around 11:30, totally unsuccessfully. The window was leaking onto the bed. The winds were howling like mad. Then we heard a really loud noise and the pressure in the room changed so much that our ears were popping. Tornado! Everyone ran into the closet and huddled together (4 kids 2 grown women 2 grown men in an empty closet...not a walk-in).

The noise we'd heard was the window in the other bedroom blowing from the inside out. The hurricane was now being let inside the house. The men only had a blanket nailed to the wall to cover the window with. The pressure was terrible. I went out into the hallway in the apartments and it was like looking outside during a blizzard. You couldn't see 10 steps in front of you, just sideways rain and blackness. I didn't go much further than the doorstep. We all got back to sleep around 2AM. Power was back on late that afternoon. It took 3 days for them to get it back on at our home. There was no damage to our home again this time, thank goodness. Flooding was terrible the next day. No traffic lights + Florida drivers = atrocious I'm glad things are almost normal here again. It looks a little ghetto around here, but it's ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom