Trip Report COMPLETED The not as bad as the Griswalds report as we go....Now with Wild Africa Trek pics!

All the PTR funtivities can be had here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/16th-anniversary-ptr-first-time-cruise-here-we-come.885906/

So my wonderful DW and I wake before the crack of dawn,04:00 to be exact, for our trek from the beautiful north Georgia mountains to the MouseHouse. If you can believe it, it was the quickest 7.5 hour trip, including two pit stops, that we've made. Pulled into the Bay Lake lot about 11:45. As soon as you walk though the doors, WHAM, probably one of the most pleasant smells you'll experience smacks you in the face. We proceed to check-in. Rooms not ready, no biggie they'll text us when it is. We leave the luggage with bell services.

On to the Kingdom!

I won't lie this, is how we felt walking to MK from BLT:
3c3cf98862a616b41916e806ac88ef9a.jpg

A bit warm and muggy today, no biggie as we're basking in the Magic. Park seems a little busy, I gave it and 8 out of 10, DW says 6. It's a little after noon now and we're pretty much killing time til our 1:20 BOG test ADR. We make our way to the Fantasyland via Adventureland taking in a few shops along the way. After some sight seeing and a ride on Little Mermaid we head over to eat

Be Our Guest, but only if you can provide proof you should be eating here via a live internet page:

So naturally there is a mob of confused guests at the entrance to the bridge dumbfounded that they are not allowed to wait to eat. No bother for us, we have test ADRs! Or do we..... We go to check in and give our name and are asked if it would be under another name. Nope just us. I tell the CM that I have the confirmation number to which she replies "a confirmation number does me no good, you need to log into the website and show me your reservation on the website." Not particularly thrilled, I say "ok" and just stand there going through the motions on my phone to provide proof. Page loads and I show her to which she says " ok go to the FP line, you'll probably have to reorder your food." Whatever, we just want to eat. Not the most pleasant of CMs, of course she is having to deal with this test ADR all day. So we go through the queue, reorder, and go to sit down when whoa! Whoever was complaining about this new test not making use of all the tables can stop worrying, this place was a MADHOUSE! Loud and overflowing with people it took us about 5 minutes to find a table that was being cleaned by a CM and claimed it as ours. 15 minutes later our leek soup, onion soup, and turkey Sammy arrives. Food is very good but still CS food. My DW says it smells and feels like a cafeteria now in there now and I agree. As we leave, and to our surprise, people are queued up on the bridge waiting to get in for lunch. I guess they opened up standby again.

Fast pass Space Mountain and a leisure TTA trip before our SDMT FP.

Barnstormer 2.0, I mean the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
I was so amped up for this only to exit with a feeling of "that was it!?!?". The ride itself is very smooth and has a few quick bursts that are immediately followed up with a " ha ha just kidding" slowdown. As many have said, the mine scene is excellent but the ride itself is lacking but perfect for the wee kids. It's 3:30 and no text about our room yet, surely just a clerical error...

4:00 check-in ain't what it used to be.

So we make it back to BLT a little concerned we haven't received a text for our room, it is aft 4 now. The CM says she she can't tell me when it will be ready. I asked why it wasn't ready by 4 to which she replies "oh, we have until 5 to get it ready for you." Again, still a little miffed and confused why it's taking this long but we decide to grab some drinks at the pool bar and wait. 4:38 we get the text. So while we wait on our 8:00 Citricos ADR I figured I'd throw some words and a few pics up at ya.
2a5c463a2e75f521fa3c55669cc714d8.jpg

783dd872e929ae8d928f573d8ff6ee23.jpg

5b8a4e7f5ad7bff823b92b151277d1f8.jpg

918e43aad9894ed4d039290425504fa8.jpg

We're still deciding if we hit the EMH after Citricos or come back and watch illuminations and Fantasmic from the balcony.

Beach Club Villas and HS tomorrow!

Last edited:

mrdrift

Octoberfest look like an incredible time. What have they done to the Poly, maybe when it's complete it will look better. I would agree the Captain EO and Figment could use some remolding in that section of the part. Following along.

coachwnh

Um, Stormalong Bay is pretty awesome! DW and I floated around for close to an hour before dinner. We hit the room for a quick rest and shower before Yachtsman.

First let me say that so far BCV has been awesome. If I had one gripe about the resort if would be the cheap seafood funk emitted from Cape May Cafe. We, unfortunately, had to walk by it a few times to get to the pool and dinner. Ok, enough of that and on to the awesome.

First timers at Yachtsman and we decided a long time ago we were going to take on the 32oz porter with sides. First the bread and some Sammy Adams IPA:
36B035CA-04D5-44AC-A114-7B9D943A0045.jpg

When they brought out the steak and sides we were overwhelmed with all we got and I took this hasty pic a few minutes into our dinner:
81DE4353-F6F9-4FA4-98CA-7F5D9E30F654.jpg

Holy cow this meal was great! The sides were all outstanding and I'm not a mushroom guy but couldn't keep away from the sautéed mushrooms they served. The onions were perfect as we're the potatoes. Finally, the creamed spinach, I think I could have downed a pint of this stuff by itself it was that good! Yachtsman smashed Le Cel and might have earned itself a spot in our regular rotation.

Speaking of Le Cel, we decided to drop an ADR for San Angel and pick up a different one for Tuesday and was shocked to see that we could get an ADR for Le Cel in just two days at 8pm! I remember a time when they were great and getting an ADR at 179 days was tough.

Anyway, time to catch some fireworks from the balcony. Got EC, Paradiso 37, and Restaurant Marrakesh scheduled for tomorrow.
Totally agree about the gross seafood smell in the BC lobby:hungover: I love seafood, but the smell mixed with syrup is just gross!!!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Our luggage came pretty quickly and we had already swam so we figured we'd explore a little more before the boat took off:
Animator's Pallet menu

Hallway towards AP:

Each window you see above had a neat pumpkin vinyl:

Halloween tree prebloom:

Some pretty fantastic lighting:

A bit of "art" from the Disney Art store:

One of the lower decks:

Another sea friend, just a regular shark this time:

In this same area we saw TWO manatees just chilling out between the two cruise ships. Idiot Sean neglected to take a picture!

Oh yeah, probably one of the best rooms you can get:

Up next: leaving port, testing out my safety readiness and Enchanted Garden...

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Just pulling away from the port, saying bye to the Disney gate:

Heading down the straight and narrow:

Looking back at the Port:

Since we were far enough away from the port the stores were open and, of course, gotta cover your magic bands:

Up next: Sun setting pics, testing out my safety readiness and Enchanted Garden...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom