Trip Report COMPLETED The not as bad as the Griswalds report as we go....Now with Wild Africa Trek pics!

All the PTR funtivities can be had here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/16th-anniversary-ptr-first-time-cruise-here-we-come.885906/

So my wonderful DW and I wake before the crack of dawn,04:00 to be exact, for our trek from the beautiful north Georgia mountains to the MouseHouse. If you can believe it, it was the quickest 7.5 hour trip, including two pit stops, that we've made. Pulled into the Bay Lake lot about 11:45. As soon as you walk though the doors, WHAM, probably one of the most pleasant smells you'll experience smacks you in the face. We proceed to check-in. Rooms not ready, no biggie they'll text us when it is. We leave the luggage with bell services.

On to the Kingdom!

I won't lie this, is how we felt walking to MK from BLT:
3c3cf98862a616b41916e806ac88ef9a.jpg

A bit warm and muggy today, no biggie as we're basking in the Magic. Park seems a little busy, I gave it and 8 out of 10, DW says 6. It's a little after noon now and we're pretty much killing time til our 1:20 BOG test ADR. We make our way to the Fantasyland via Adventureland taking in a few shops along the way. After some sight seeing and a ride on Little Mermaid we head over to eat

Be Our Guest, but only if you can provide proof you should be eating here via a live internet page:

So naturally there is a mob of confused guests at the entrance to the bridge dumbfounded that they are not allowed to wait to eat. No bother for us, we have test ADRs! Or do we..... We go to check in and give our name and are asked if it would be under another name. Nope just us. I tell the CM that I have the confirmation number to which she replies "a confirmation number does me no good, you need to log into the website and show me your reservation on the website." Not particularly thrilled, I say "ok" and just stand there going through the motions on my phone to provide proof. Page loads and I show her to which she says " ok go to the FP line, you'll probably have to reorder your food." Whatever, we just want to eat. Not the most pleasant of CMs, of course she is having to deal with this test ADR all day. So we go through the queue, reorder, and go to sit down when whoa! Whoever was complaining about this new test not making use of all the tables can stop worrying, this place was a MADHOUSE! Loud and overflowing with people it took us about 5 minutes to find a table that was being cleaned by a CM and claimed it as ours. 15 minutes later our leek soup, onion soup, and turkey Sammy arrives. Food is very good but still CS food. My DW says it smells and feels like a cafeteria now in there now and I agree. As we leave, and to our surprise, people are queued up on the bridge waiting to get in for lunch. I guess they opened up standby again.

Fast pass Space Mountain and a leisure TTA trip before our SDMT FP.

Barnstormer 2.0, I mean the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
I was so amped up for this only to exit with a feeling of "that was it!?!?". The ride itself is very smooth and has a few quick bursts that are immediately followed up with a " ha ha just kidding" slowdown. As many have said, the mine scene is excellent but the ride itself is lacking but perfect for the wee kids. It's 3:30 and no text about our room yet, surely just a clerical error...

4:00 check-in ain't what it used to be.

So we make it back to BLT a little concerned we haven't received a text for our room, it is aft 4 now. The CM says she she can't tell me when it will be ready. I asked why it wasn't ready by 4 to which she replies "oh, we have until 5 to get it ready for you." Again, still a little miffed and confused why it's taking this long but we decide to grab some drinks at the pool bar and wait. 4:38 we get the text. So while we wait on our 8:00 Citricos ADR I figured I'd throw some words and a few pics up at ya.
2a5c463a2e75f521fa3c55669cc714d8.jpg

783dd872e929ae8d928f573d8ff6ee23.jpg

5b8a4e7f5ad7bff823b92b151277d1f8.jpg

918e43aad9894ed4d039290425504fa8.jpg

We're still deciding if we hit the EMH after Citricos or come back and watch illuminations and Fantasmic from the balcony.

Beach Club Villas and HS tomorrow!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Another great night in the books! Just sat down and am enjoying the moonshine we purchased at the American pavilion:
5C55A58A-8700-4C3E-A2F8-6DFA3AA706C3.jpg

Good stuff right here and well priced($25) for 750ml of 60 proof goodness!

AK planned for tomorrow with the Wild Trek Tour at 11:45! Can't wait! Dinner ADR at Via Napoli planned.

DVCPluto

Love the live TR! Looking forward to AK.

Can't wait to hear your DVC ranking after your BCV stay... We bought having only stayed at the S&D. I think your doing a better job with the research!! :D

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Can't wait to hear your DVC ranking after your BCV stay... We bought having only stayed at the S&D. I think your doing a better job with the research!! :D

Right now it's teetering between 2 & 3. If it wasn't for the poor bus ordeal yesterday going to and from DTD I think it would have locked up #2. We're hoping it was a fluke limited to the DTD loop. We'll see how the ride goes with AK today and MK tomorrow.

DVCPluto

Right now it's teetering between 2 & 3. If it wasn't for the poor bus ordeal yesterday going to and from DTD I think it would have locked up #2. We're hoping it was a fluke limited to the DTD loop. We'll see how the ride goes with AK today and MK tomorrow.

When we stayed at BWV, the busses did frustrate me as well. IMO, the S&D needs their own bus - there's just too many people staying there. Hopefully it has improved since 2013.

The one HUGE benefit was being able to walk or take a boat to 2 out of the 4 parks - so it's kind of a toss up. I'll be following along to see what you choose. Planning to buy soon?

lostpro9het

Original Poster
When we stayed at BWV, the busses did frustrate me as well. IMO, the S&D needs their own bus - there's just too many people staying there. Hopefully it has improved since 2013.
I agree! I can see grouping BC and YC but not BC, YC, BW, and D&S.

The one HUGE benefit was being able to walk or take a boat to 2 out of the 4 parks - so it's kind of a toss up. I'll be following along to see what you choose. Planning to buy soon?
Yes again! As we were talking, almost all of the resturaunts we frequent are within walking distance from BCV, another plus!

The bus ride to AK was quick this morning, hoping it holds true for the ride back.

We are on pace to make an offer in Feb/Mar and figure after ROFR passes well be buying in Apr/May. We both picked up a couple courses to teach this semester and next so we should be able to swing 160 resale points without financing a dime of it.

Rope drop time at AK!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Wild Africa Trek is in the books. Great tour with knowledgable guides and a great snack! I'd recommend anyone trying it. I still rank Epcot's Aqua Seas Tour as my #1 but this isn't far off. Catching our EE FP+ before we head back for a Beaches & Cream treat and pool time before our Via Napoli ADR tonight.

Pics of the trek to come in 24-48 hours, here are some meerkats to tide you over:
677584C3-C0E8-4544-B85C-24BA20F1B8D0.jpg

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Moretti pitcher and a Mezzo Metro:
382DCF19-440C-4E2B-9833-937F8CCB0F67.jpg

AFC4C5F6-EC3B-47EA-BCF6-C1FFFBA14E98.jpg

And a little anniversary surprise:
2BE71139-963F-47BA-968A-C96547B395F1.jpg

We made an observation tonight about the descending level of ADRs we will experience through tomorrow:
Sat. Citricos
Sun. Yachtsman
Mon. Restaurant Marrakesh
Tue. Via Napoli
Wed. Biergarten

Let's just put it this way, kids were running, unattended, through the restaurant playing with a soccer ball tonight. Think that would have happened at Citricos?

MK tomorrow morning with an ADR in Germany for dinner.

Disney Dream on Thursday!!!!!

lostpro9het

Original Poster
New rankings are in!
1. Animal Kingdom
2. Beach Club Villas
3. Saratoga Springs
T-4. Bay Lake Tower
T-4. Boardwalk
6. Old Key West

The allure of a savanna view is just too much to overcome for the DW. BCV has been great and its proximity to all our favorite foods, EC, and HS has pushed it over the peacefulness and close parking perks of SSR.

Our Wild Africa Trek pics came in already(177 in all!), here are a few:
709576e210aa2ffa16a278f1b3ed1cc4.jpg

22347acd0d9351dc4459c20a014b717d.jpg

d6c79c65e681d9c640c31bb1b1f9482a.jpg

813259ad4a4bd4e7510fbd8fb2981050.jpg

50c3ba480e0a923fea336d8f403c6a02.jpg

dda85b56dbb4492307620b488c72b908.jpg

06a10e5e459e6f15858c60c1d9d0bdd2.jpg

c3d084389e5d358c96557ad9f6b914de.jpg

Apparently the animal just over my shoulder is rare on the savanna and isn't photographed much, at least that's what Megan said:
fda22c51673950dd8b4cd87738d56768.jpg

feed18dbc7f7fdb9e9713005831ad646.jpg

9f50bb494c5ffe8d9748a5ab3dfe1611.jpg

18e08213b6257e9c7892b8ed9a4c533c.jpg

ff10240c7a066fab3e8e8a60f89ef6bf.jpg

This one pic had to be shown, this lady was crossing the first bridge when a vulture swooped down and blocker her way! There was a short standoff before the bird allowed her to pass:
f18f0a78d6516ab129724e37eac7dd1b.jpg

On to Magic Kingdom!

mrdrift

What an exciting adventure the Wild African Trek must have been. This is some thing my son has asked to do since he has read about it a month ago. Great pictures of the Trek, what did it cost for the lady to finally pass on the bridge? You caught some really wonderful rainbow pictures, great job. Following along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom