Trip Report The No Rain, Red Card, Vanna White, July JOURNEY! *COMPLETED*

So my most recent trip report was 44 years in the making ~ this one has taken only a month :). And for any of you keeping score, this is my 5th trip report. This year. I have been to WDW five times in 2016 and have plans to return in September. And October. And December. (Please don't hate me.)

Those of you who are tired of reading about my Disney escapades can exit now, no hard feelings. Those of you who have read any of my other reports know what you're in for and I hope I can keep your interest. I really appreciate your kind comments.

To that end I will start by playing tag ~ @TrolleyFollower91 @Doc Disney @TheMouseFan @MinnieM123 @Tiggerish @BWK05 @Gabe1 @samantha788 @coachwnh @Figment Forever @figmentfan423 @epcotisbest @Zipitidoda @MerMom1981 @LisaBelle @Matty30 @Courtney6682 @bee @lostpro9het @cgersic @sheriffwoody @blgauger @meganwdw @fractal @MississippiBelle @jrogue @ScarletBegonias @LadyBelle @disneypearl @Tony the Tigger @tcool123 @prfctlyximprct @Longers @gwhb75 @Beckett @Ciara @ajrwdwgirl @FlaggNL @mishel635 @myhappyplace

If I have omitted anyone, please forgive me and know it was not intentional! A great big thank you in advance to everyone who follows along :happy:.

"Now give me a little intro there, Gomer" (I clearly have seen the Country Bear Jamboree way too many times...)

Cast: Tuvalu and Em, a girls' summer getaway!
Date: July 23-27
Resort: Polynesian Village (surprised? Didn't think so...)

image.jpeg

Did all our wishes come true? You'll have to wait and see.

Zipadeelady

Sunday was a great day in terms of low crowds. I think that was our most productive day when it came to numbers of attractions that we did.

We also had one of those fantastic yellow roses @Tuvalu, maybe someday our paths will cross and again. :)

I'm replying to my reply. Speaking of crossing paths again..... I was re reading one of my old reports and on our trip we arrived MK and watched the morning show. Several comments down from my post you wrote this so I do believe we may cross paths again.

Funny things~

We were in that crowd in front of the train station :happy:. We let the mass exodus go through the tunnels before going ourselves. We went to Tomorrowland first and rode Space Mountain back-to-back without waiting. Next walked on Buzz, then walked to Fantasyland and took a spin on Pooh (no wait) before satisfying our must-have cinnamon bun craving at Gaston's.

Later that day, when the humidity was wearing us down, I also experienced my first Dole Whip...and made the same mistake as you :facepalm: Agree, it was good, but next time no juice!

Tuvalu, Oct 3, 2014Report
#17Unlike+ QuoteReply

Last edited:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Late afternoon cleaning is a pet peeve of mine. There should be enough staff to cover all the rooms by early afternoon. Resort stays aren't cheap, even at the values.

Hi @Tuvalu, I'm following along once again!! (Although all of your reports are starting to blur into one!! ;)). I hate getting back to your room to find it in the same condition that is was when we left. You sit there expecting Mousekeeping to show up at any minute to kick you out of your room. It would be nice if they could give you some kind of window on when your room will be serviced. You can kinda plan your day around that window.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi @Tuvalu, I'm following along once again!! (Although all of your reports are starting to blur into one!! ;)). I hate getting back to your room to find it in the same condition that is was when we left. You sit there expecting Mousekeeping to show up at any minute to kick you out of your room. It would be nice if they could give you some kind of window on when your room will be serviced. You can kinda plan your day around that window.
Hi @DisneyJeff! I agree about Mousekeeping. And that all my TRs are starting to blur into one! :joyfull:

Eleven bucks?! I also really liked the red dress in your pictures. I still can't believe you only paid $11 for it?!!
Honest...signed, sealed and delivered for under $20...the polka dot fabric was probably rejected by the queen mouse herself (thus the reason it was on clearance!)

Another awesome report! I love to see pictures of you and Em together - what a great mom/daughter duo! I will be keeping an eye out for on our trip - 10 days to go! Hope we bump into each other!
You are very sweet. :inlove: I'll also have my eyes peeled for the @Figment Forever family!

One CM at Cooks, Mousekeeping showing up late.....#ThanksChapek
So frustrating! :mad:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con't

After our D-Luxe dining (see what I did there? :D) Em and I set out to experience Uniqlo. And what an experience it was! Look carefully at the mannequins in the upper windows....they turn in a synchronized fashion. There are lots of faceless synchronized moving mannequins in Uniqlo. I couldn't decide if it was "cool" in a futuristic sort of way, or just plain creepy. It felt like I was in the old Robert Palmer music video Addicted to Love.

And loud. The store was loud. There was some sort of a prize game going on in the first floor with lots of carnival sounds.

image.jpeg

The store is divided into sections by gender and age and then each section is divided by color, pattern or clothing style. Quite a feast for the eyes.

image.jpeg

Between the noise, crowds and sheer size of the store, Uniqlo was a bit overwhelming. So what was it that drew us in?

Price. Specifically, the very reasonable prices on Disney themed clothing. T-shirts that are just as cute and half the price of the ones sold in the parks. We saw many we wanted, but decided to limit ourselves to one each, not knowing if cheap price = cheap quality. (Shrinkage? Fading? Wrinkly? Itchy?)

After several wearings and washings, our Uniqlo tees have not only remained true to size but are very durable and very soft. They still look new! :) (@epcotisbest, definitely worth opening your wallet for!)

Em and I had had enough sensory overload after making our purchase and we ventured outside. We noticed a group of folks gathered around two "living statues."

image.jpeg

They were quite fun to watch and reminded us of how much we miss the ones that used to be in Epcot. Glad they exist in Disney Springs!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We mosied through a couple higher-end stores (read: wallets closed) before declaring our shopping over. There was a Poly/GF bus waiting for us ~ ironically, loading the same gentleman in the ECV who was on our bus to Disney Springs!

We relaxed in our room and watched some Netflix before going to bed. I heard the first firework boom from Wishes, opened the drapes and saw this:

image.jpeg

YES!!!!!!! Our wonderful room had a fireworks view!!!!!! I went to sleep a happy camper.....again. :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sunday, con't

After our D-Luxe dining (see what I did there? :D) Em and I set out to experience Uniqlo. And what an experience it was! Look carefully at the mannequins in the upper windows....they turn in a synchronized fashion. There are lots of faceless synchronized moving mannequins in Uniqlo. I couldn't decide if it was "cool" in a futuristic sort of way, or just plain creepy. It felt like I was in the old Robert Palmer music video Addicted to Love.

And loud. The store was loud. There was some sort of a prize game going on in the first floor with lots of carnival sounds.

View attachment 159078

The store is divided into sections by gender and age and then each section is divided by color, pattern or clothing style. Quite a feast for the eyes.

View attachment 159081

Between the noise, crowds and sheer size of the store, Uniqlo was a bit overwhelming. So what was it that drew us in?

Price. Specifically, the very reasonable prices on Disney themed clothing. T-shirts that are just as cute and half the price of the ones sold in the parks. We saw many we wanted, but decided to limit ourselves to one each, not knowing if cheap price = cheap quality. (Shrinkage? Fading? Wrinkly? Itchy?)

After several wearings and washings, our Uniqlo tees have not only remained true to size but are very durable and very soft. They still look new! :) (@epcotisbest, definitely worth opening your wallet for!)

Em and I had had enough sensory overload after making our purchase and we ventured outside. We noticed a group of folks gathered around two "living statues."

View attachment 159079

They were quite fun to watch and reminded us of how much we miss the ones that used to be in Epcot. Glad they exist in Disney Springs!

Living statues!! OMG, I remember those (in different characters/costumes) in EPCOT, too!! The closest I've been to any sort of living statue over the past number of years, was seeing DiVine over at AK--she "hides" among the green foliage and then starts to very slowly move--and people freak out! HA! I like how she can walk on stilts--that's something I could never do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Living statues!! OMG, I remember those (in different characters/costumes) in EPCOT, too!! The closest I've been to any sort of living statue over the past number of years, was seeing DiVine over at AK--she "hides" among the green foliage and then starts to very slowly move--and people freak out! HA! I like how she can walk on stilts--that's something I could never do.
Divine was probably the best of the "living statues" as she blended into the foliage so perfectly! I was one of those people she freaked out. :oops:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Monday, July 25

Day 3 of no rain, which was perfect as it was our planned pool day. :)

We began by sleeping in. I made it until 7:45 a.m. :jawdrop: I think Em began to stir a little past nine. Thanks to @lostpro9het, you already know what we had for breakfast:

image.jpeg

Then we put on our swimsuits, slathered on sunscreen and headed for the Lava pool.

image.jpeg

Morning is a great time to visit the pool when everyone else is in the parks!

image.jpeg

The sun was strong and hot and it wasn't long before we went into the water.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lounging in a pool always makes us hungry. Makes no sense...we're not exactly burning up the calories! o_O We walked over to Cooks for lunch. Thankfully we were the only ones in line! We placed our order, were given the table tracker and found a table outside on the terrace.

image.jpeg

As we waited for our food, we watched a mother and son play cornhole on the lawn. The game is left out during the day for anyone who would like to play.

image.jpeg

Em and I really enjoyed our grilled chicken sandwich with bacon, cheddar and pineapple salsa. (Though it was hard to split with a plastic knife!) And we never say no to Poly chips! :hungry:

image.jpeg

Upon our return to the Lava pool, we watched another medical drama unfold. (You're right again, @Courtney6682!) A boy of about 7 or 8 had sliced his chin open, but neither he nor his parents seemed particularly bothered by it. (The boy wasn't even crying.) Yet it required the attention of 2 lifeguards, 3 Poly "suits" (management), a security guard and finally 2 EMTs who wheeled the boy away on a stretcher (we think he probably needed stitches.) All kinds of paperwork was being filled out and one of the "suits" brought Mickey ice cream bars for the family.

Drama over, we resumed pool relaxation for an hour or so. Happily, our room had been made up when we got back to Rarotonga to take showers.:geek:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
You may remember from our June vacation that Em did not get to have her favorite tropical libation ~ an Island Sunset. The bartender at the Oasis pool tried to make one from memory and while Em enjoyed the concoction, "It wasn't the real thing."

It was time to remedy that!

image.jpeg

The Tambu Lounge is the only bar on property that makes a real Island Sunset. Em has only ever had it frozen, but apparently it can also be made "on the rocks" as the bartender asked her preference.

Duh....FROZEN!!!

image.jpeg

Naturally it would be rude to make Em drink alone :D. One Pina Colada, please!

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Drinks devoured, we caught a bus to DHS where some fastpasses and a dinner ADR awaited us. Can you guess our first destination? (Okay, it was probably the bathroom, but let's not count that! ;))

image.jpeg

We followed this guy...

image.jpeg

...which led us here:

image.jpeg

(I need to pay more attention to attraction details. Until I saw this picture, I never noticed this big spool of kite string! :facepalm:)

image.jpeg

Our FP wait was less than 10 minutes, which is what it should be. We were hoping we'd get to experience the new third track ~ but we were sent up the stairs as usual. :(

After a hard-fought battle of popping balloons, tossing rings and breaking plates, these were our scores:

image.jpeg

Oh my, what's this? Someone also had Best in Vehicle? :D

image.jpeg

Well now, who could the victor be?

image.jpeg

Not who you thought? I couldn't believe it either! I'd like to say I let her win, but then I'd be lying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom