Trip Report The No Rain, Red Card, Vanna White, July JOURNEY! *COMPLETED*

So my most recent trip report was 44 years in the making ~ this one has taken only a month :). And for any of you keeping score, this is my 5th trip report. This year. I have been to WDW five times in 2016 and have plans to return in September. And October. And December. (Please don't hate me.)

Those of you who are tired of reading about my Disney escapades can exit now, no hard feelings. Those of you who have read any of my other reports know what you're in for and I hope I can keep your interest. I really appreciate your kind comments.

To that end I will start by playing tag ~ @TrolleyFollower91 @Doc Disney @TheMouseFan @MinnieM123 @Tiggerish @BWK05 @Gabe1 @samantha788 @coachwnh @Figment Forever @figmentfan423 @epcotisbest @Zipitidoda @MerMom1981 @LisaBelle @Matty30 @Courtney6682 @bee @lostpro9het @cgersic @sheriffwoody @blgauger @meganwdw @fractal @MississippiBelle @jrogue @ScarletBegonias @LadyBelle @disneypearl @Tony the Tigger @tcool123 @prfctlyximprct @Longers @gwhb75 @Beckett @Ciara @ajrwdwgirl @FlaggNL @mishel635 @myhappyplace

If I have omitted anyone, please forgive me and know it was not intentional! A great big thank you in advance to everyone who follows along :happy:.

"Now give me a little intro there, Gomer" (I clearly have seen the Country Bear Jamboree way too many times...)

Cast: Tuvalu and Em, a girls' summer getaway!
Date: July 23-27
Resort: Polynesian Village (surprised? Didn't think so...)

image.jpeg

Did all our wishes come true? You'll have to wait and see.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The ceiling in the Land pavilion is so festive. Stop staring at your screens and look up, people!

image.jpeg

Living With The Land had been bumped back down to Tier 2 when I made our FP selections. I really like this ride, but placing it in Tier 1 while Soarin' was closed was silly.

And it is SO fitting that, even with a FP, on the last attraction of our trip, we'd encounter our old friend.

Oh, @Gabe1.............

image.jpeg

(You'd think that by now I'd be smart enough to hold up the red card facing the right direction. :oops: Guess it's kinda like waving at the black abyss, @lostpro9het.)

The card of course was pointless as there was no wait in the FP queue.

Let's take a ride, shall we?

image.jpeg

Where have all the gators gone? (Perhaps they were eaten by Bulldogs, BWAH HAH HAH!!!)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

(There is a LOT more red than blue in these photos. Just sayin'.)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Once back at the Poly, we stopped in Cooks for some much-needed ice water. Thankfully, there was no line!

We retrieved our stuff from Bell Services and waited in the lobby for our Tragical Express bus ~ which showed up 10 minutes early. :bored:

Note there is no warning for the following picture. But it is pretty pitiful.

image.jpeg

:( :arghh: :cry: :grumpy: :( :arghh: :coldfeet: :grumpy: :( :arghh: :cry: :grumpy: :( :arghh: :cry: :grumpy: :( :arghh: :cry: :grumpy: :( :arghh: :cry: :grumpy: :(

Did all our Wishes come true?
INDEED! :happy:

Thanks for taking the Journey with us!

Longers

Oh my goodness - how did I miss my first (in the club) tag? I have no idea. But looking on the bright side I got the tag this morning and have spent the past hour in bed reading your whole trip report!
What a great time you had - AGAIN!
Thanks for all the great photos particularly BTMRR - still trying to get over the pain of it not being open when I am there :( but good news Nov 2017 is already booked so I will make up for it next year but in the meantime we have 5 7DMT fast pass this year to try to compensate
Can't believe Anna & Elsa wait times and really looking forward to new Soarin and Frozen ride.
Actually really looking forward to everything, the clock is counting down.
Thanks again for the share and I am sure another trip is just around the corner.
Have you ever worked out how many days you've spent in Disney?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I was wondering how many various Disney-designed t-shirts you gals have?! ;) (Love the Minnie ones in particular.) :D

If I'm not mistaken, I think the gator tanks have been missing their inhabitants for a few months now? I wonder if they plan to ever bring them back, or if they have other plans for that space.

Anyway, you had another great TR here, and as usual, it was a blast following along!! :cat:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh my goodness - how did I miss my first (in the club) tag? I have no idea. But looking on the bright side I got the tag this morning and have spent the past hour in bed reading your whole trip report!
What a great time you had - AGAIN!
Thanks for all the great photos particularly BTMRR - still trying to get over the pain of it not being open when I am there :( but good news Nov 2017 is already booked so I will make up for it next year but in the meantime we have 5 7DMT fast pass this year to try to compensate
Can't believe Anna & Elsa wait times and really looking forward to new Soarin and Frozen ride.
Actually really looking forward to everything, the clock is counting down.
Thanks again for the share and I am sure another trip is just around the corner.
Have you ever worked out how many days you've spent in Disney?
Yes, I was beginning to worry about you, @Longers! Glad you finally got the tag!

I do think you would have to ride 7DMT 5 times in a row without stopping to be the equivalent of one Big Thunder Mountain ride! :p But you will ride the heck out of it next year, I'm certain. Good things come to those who wait!

In my lifetime I have spent over 500 days in Disney parks. I have spent 41 nights at POR ~ but I know your record blows mine away! :joyfull:

I would so like to meet up with you, Megan and Nicole in November, but I'm not leaving town since my first grandbaby is due to arrive. I will have to be satisfied with the awesome trip reports you guys will write! Maybe next year?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was wondering how many various Disney-designed t-shirts you gals have?! ;) (Love the Minnie ones in particular.) :D
If I'm not mistaken, I think the gator tanks have been missing their inhabitants for a few months now? I wonder if they plan to ever bring them back, or if they have other plans for that space.
Anyway, you had another great TR here, and as usual, it was a blast following along!! :cat:
Em is the queen of Disney shirts ~ I bet she has a couple dozen. I have a dozen or so. But that doesn't include our sweatshirts!

I think the gators were moved right after the tragedy. They were in the tanks on our early June visit.

I always look forward to having you along on my TRs! :happy:

Longers

Yes, I was beginning to worry about you, @Longers! Glad you finally got the tag!

I do think you would have to ride 7DMT 5 times in a row without stopping to be the equivalent of one Big Thunder Mountain ride! :p But you will ride the heck out of it next year, I'm certain. Good things come to those who wait!

In my lifetime I have spent over 500 days in Disney parks. I have spent 41 nights at POR ~ but I know your record blows mine away! :joyfull:

I would so like to meet up with you, Megan and Nicole in November, but I'm not leaving town since my first grandbaby is due to arrive. I will have to be satisfied with the awesome trip reports you guys will write! Maybe next year?

I guessed your number would be huge! If I lived nearer I think I would certainly challenge you to be there more often.

And I remember you saying you wouldn't be there in November but the baby could come early? Never say never and you can certainly join our meet up if you make it over.

And I will be there next year too, I'm sure Megan would swing it (as she is certainly challenging you this year re trips to Disney) but I am not sure if Nicole would make it.

Looking forward to your next trip report its making my countdown go faster. Hopefully I won't miss my tag next time - not sure how that happened but it's been so busy at work I could have seen it and thought I'd look later and never went back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom